[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

New version is on it's way with added functionality for the wall monitors and other fixes.

For me, that is the best announcement till now since the reopening of the forum. :)

Waiting a new version since KSP 0.23.5 was out (didn't want to try the old version on new KSP).

Download to Probe Control Room v1.0 beta4: http://www./download/grr1jnw8477r0zl/ProbeControlRoom-v1.0b4.zip

v1.0-beta4 Camera mintors dont default to the same camera anymore

Added Flight and Info buttons and their according pages to Camera monitors

Added Camera, Flight and Info buttons and their according pages to the Map monitor

Removed Map monitor overlay text

Fixed room allignment

Added some detail to the room

Screenshot

screenshot0_zps3cada900.png

I'll join the chorus - that is awesome. The only thing that frustrate me is that PCR doesn't work with VesselView so i can't make iva-only mission=/

Next release will have VesselView. :)

Nice work! I just tested the newest version. I love various the detail put in the room. It's really starting to give you a sense of controlling a probe from a command center. Here's a few misc feedback.

1. Still having trouble seeing the monitors in the front. I guess the back lighting is fine, but maybe is there a way to increase the brightness on the actual monitors?

2. Hyomoto's MFD has 2 orbital screens. One with less information but a larger diagram. I can't figure out how to switch between the 2 orbital screens.

3. MFD also has a few pages worth of targeting data. Can't figure out how to access both.

4. This is probably beyond the scope for this add-on, but would it be possible to change the engine roaring sound for added realism? (since the control room is not supposed to be inside the actual probe)

Thanks. :D

1. Maybe an other light source in front of the desk will solve this.

2. Never noticed that, I'll see if it's actually in or add it and make it more obvious to access.

3. Same as 2

4. Good idea, either I add a bunch of speaker props or the code needs a 0% craft sound when in the PCR. :D

Download to Probe Control Room v1.0 beta5: http://www./download/4tr3bgkeark57rw/ProbeControlRoom-v1.0b5.zip

@Brucey: There's a large orbital diagram now, you can access it through B > 2 > 0. Did you want something like that?

Also are the desk monitors easier to see now?

It seems like a small change log, that's because the first point is actually a huge list which I condensed into 1 line. :)

v1.0-beta5

Added Vessel Viewer to the Info menu

Cleaned all the monitors and added button annotations

Abort button now works like the action group abort

Removed 2 light sources and placed one near the player camera

This should make the desk monitors easier to read

screenshot4_zps02dae000.png

Seeing a lot of texture tearing where the mission badges are top left and top right of the room. May just be my settings but thought it should be reported. If it isn't just me, those textures may need offsetting from the lower layer a touch?

tearing.png

Only top left is doing it now and it's most noticeable when moving the camera. Top right I couldn't get to do it and I think you've got a lip up there, which means the texture's slightly offset from the wall on the right side anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion for the forum itself.

You should keep the version on the first post up to date. Having to dig through pages of posts to find the most recent version is a pain, and at first I thought it was broken (using the first post download) and then later I downloaded an older version (did not see the most current version a few posts down :(

In all though great work. I use this for my save game I am documenting on the forums for unmanned missions. (screenshots and stuff included, see my sig)

Nice work! I just tested the newest version. I love various the detail put in the room. It's really starting to give you a sense of controlling a probe from a command center. Here's a few misc feedback.

1. Still having trouble seeing the monitors in the front. I guess the back lighting is fine, but maybe is there a way to increase the brightness on the actual monitors?

2. Hyomoto's MFD has 2 orbital screens. One with less information but a larger diagram. I can't figure out how to switch between the 2 orbital screens.

3. MFD also has a few pages worth of targeting data. Can't figure out how to access both.

4. This is probably beyond the scope for this add-on, but would it be possible to change the engine roaring sound for added realism? (since the control room is not supposed to be inside the actual probe)

The 0 key on the keyboard will change the Orbital windows and the Info/Targeting windows for the MFD's at the control station. Have not figured out a way to change the wall monitors.

Hey just wanted to point out a problem with VesselView compatibility. - Using the display menus in VesselView only really works with a functioning back button. Right now the back button just pops you straight back up to the "main info." screen.

Maybe it will be better to have 3 big monitors on the wall than 1 big and 4 small? Big ones can serve as panoramic view for 3 frontal cameras, while 4 smaller monitors on the desk are enough for every other need.

Hey just wanted to point out a problem with VesselView compatibility. - Using the display menus in VesselView only really works with a functioning back button. Right now the back button just pops you straight back up to the "main info." screen.

This is actually a problem within the KSI MFD mod that you are probably. I had the same issue with it and vessel view in other IVA. I can't find the forum post talking about it, but I do remember the steps to get it working.

In the gamedata/hyomoto/MFD folder there is a file called MFD40x20. Open it and ctrl-F the word Dummy. Right above the ------Dummy Buttons------- header will be code like this

CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
redirect = escape, menuPlugin
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}

// --------------------Dummy Buttons----------------------------------

See where it says redirect = escape, menuPlugin. You want to comment that out with // so it looks like (or just copy and paste the following)

CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
//redirect = escape, menuPlugin
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}

// --------------------Dummy Buttons----------------------------------

This at least solved it for me with in over IVA's in which I had RMP, KSI MFD and Vesselview.

Make sure you restart the game as well.

This is actually a problem within the KSI MFD mod that you are probably. I had the same issue with it and vessel view in other IVA. I can't find the forum post talking about it, but I do remember the steps to get it working.

Yea, I had the same problem with MFD previously and applied the same fix. Unfortunately Probe Control Room still has the problem. Presumably it's for a similar reason, and commenting something out in DefRPM.cfg would fix the problem, but I couldn't find anything directly matching the offending bit in MFD's cfg, so have absolutely no idea what line to get rid of.

Maybe it will be better to have 3 big monitors on the wall than 1 big and 4 small? Big ones can serve as panoramic view for 3 frontal cameras, while 4 smaller monitors on the desk are enough for every other need.

Use it like I do. Add a bunch of cameras on the outside of the ship and use the small screens for them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.