Ranting about "Kerbalnaughts" and the K syndrome.

astropapi1

Where the hell do people get those names? Are our space people called "humanaughts"? I've seen people naming them Kerbalnaughts, kerbonauts, kerbanaghts... Just call them Kerbals, for god's sake.

And the K syndrome, ohmygodwhy.gif .

Why do you think Kerbals name everything with a K?! There's only one (official) planet that starts with a K, and all their other stuff seems pretty normal to me. Or do us humans drive our hars to a hast hood hestaurant and huy a handwich? Just look at the thread about kerbal currency, it's a disaster because of the K syndrome.

/rant.

Are our space people called "humanaughts"?

We do call the people who travel to space Astronauts and Cosmonauts. Both Astro and Cosmo meaning heavenly body. Kerbol is the star of their world so it is not unreasonable for Kerbonauts to be what they call their astronauts.

Why the K thing?

Because one of the loading messages in the game says 'Adding K to every word'

Plus its fun.

Edited by Xacktar

Where the hell do people get those names? Are our space people called "humanaughts"? I've seen people naming them Kerbalnaughts, kerbonauts, kerbanaghts... Just call them Kerbals, for god's sake.

And the K syndrome, ohmygodwhy.gif .

Why do you think Kerbals name everything with a K?! There's only one (official) planet that starts with a K, and all their other stuff seems pretty normal to me. Or do us humans drive our hars to a hast hood hestaurant and huy a handwich? Just look at the thread about kerbal currency, it's a disaster because of the K syndrome.

/rant.

It is indeed annoying sometimes.

(Oh, ignore my latest profile title. :P)

I read this thread from beginning to end. Then I took the time to post this reply. 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back, all because OP doesn't like the letter K.

Why do you kare what Kerbals kall their kind? You better quit before cities start appearing on the face of Kerbin... Kairo, Kalais, Kalgary (in Kanada), Kambridge, Kanberra, Karakas, Kartagena, Kasablanka, Kleveland, Kolorado Springs, Kolumbus, Kordoba, Korpus Kristi, Koventry...

Guest Brody_Peffley

kont kou kinck k kare? Kou Kitle Koward

Edited by vexx32
Implied swear; yes, I am aware it was a joke, but please avoid slurs and swears.

I read this thread from beginning to end. Then I took the time to post this reply. 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back, all because OP doesn't like the letter K.

Why do you kare what Kerbals kall their kind? You better quit before cities start appearing on the face of Kerbin... Kairo, Kalais, Kalgary (in Kanada), Kambridge, Kanberra, Karakas, Kartagena, Kasablanka, Kleveland, Kolorado Springs, Kolumbus, Kordoba, Korpus Kristi, Koventry...

You forgot Kardiff and Kookamunga.

I too get sick of K Syndrome. It shows remarkable lack of creativity to just interchange the first letter or two of a word with K and say it's the Kerbal equivalent. Easily communicates the idea, perhaps, but also cheapens the mythos by suggesting that Kerbals are just shorter versions of humans.