Caught solar eclispe with Comsat!

cos kerbin has no axial tilt, is not wobbly, and the mun has no equatorial inclination and neither dies kerbin, solar eclipses are actually quite easy to see.

but still, if those factors weren't there, this would be a very nice and well timed shot. well done!

• 1 month later...
I've seen it a few times. It is pretty.

And sometimes it's pretty annoying, especially when you lose control of your vehicle due to lack of electricity... "Wait, why can't I steer? I'm on the day side or Kerbi... oh, a freakin eclipse" xD

I hate it when I am doing kethane mining with my minimalistic solar powered extractor/miner and there is a Kerbal eclipse, which shuts it down. Happens all the time at relative noon... EVERY TIME!

Well yes, Kerbin and the Mun are tidally locked after all, and have zero inclination relative to the sun. If you want to avoid that sort of thing, plant your mining operations deliberately on the far side of the Mun. Assuming you can find any Kethane over there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.