[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Sorry to break the subject at hand, but I am having problems with the engine mount's fuel system. I can draw fuel from the main booster tank, but when I get in orbit, my engine tank on the shuttle is empty, and it won't let me transfer fuel from the booster even if I have a fuel line from the booster. Can someone help with this? I am using the crew manifest mod, if that makes a difference in the way fuel is transferred.

My Kerbal version of the ISS.

Very nice! I'm just now getting back into this mod again. I have to say the station parts are great. One thing though, I don't see any documentation about intended use of the parts? Could someone make a quick video or write up of how these should be put together?

Also, has anyone made a TAC Life Support MM file for these yet?

Sorry to break the subject at hand, but I am having problems with the engine mount's fuel system. I can draw fuel from the main booster tank, but when I get in orbit, my engine tank on the shuttle is empty, and it won't let me transfer fuel from the booster even if I have a fuel line from the booster. Can someone help with this? I am using the crew manifest mod, if that makes a difference in the way fuel is transferred.

Fuel lines are 1 way but guess you could edit the ssdecouplerkso has fuelCrossFeed = False if that is the right decoupler.

So I can brake to a stop before the runway ends from 90 m/s. But with the FAR settings I have, 100 m/s or so is where it begins to act like a rock. Great.

That's weird. Are you using the experimental FAR? I changed that bit from winglet to part and tried another landing and was still able to manage it. Landing speed around 100m/s and that same twitch instability above 150m/s when flying low. It's either something causing drag that you haven't noticed, some config or setting somewhere, or just the way you're bringing it in. I'm using FAR 12.5.2 with KSO v2.05(that video) and v2.06/7. Maybe PM me a description of your decent? So we don't stray this thread off topic too much.

Anyone else having issues with Kerblab? If I right click this part, then I don't get a context menu for it or for any other part I right click after. Quick Save Quickload allows me to right click other parts again. Strangest thing I've run into in a while.

Anyone else having issues with Kerblab? If I right click this part, then I don't get a context menu for it or for any other part I right click after. Quick Save Quickload allows me to right click other parts again. Strangest thing I've run into in a while.

It's a known bug.

I found it. The configuration file has a "containerModuleIndex" that happened to be off.

You have to go into the configuration and count the

modules with the first being 0. For 2.07 it's the fourth, so 3.

This is a fix for the Kerballab bug.

Thanks! Is there some documentation someplace on he rest of the station parts? For example, the decoupler part with the offset node on one side, what's the intended use?

The observation module. It has no node on top so that part is how the tug can move it into place.

Thanks! Is there some documentation someplace on he rest of the station parts? For example, the decoupler part with the offset node on one side, what's the intended use?

It's for the observation module. so you can put a docking port on both sides.

I've had success with doing the following from a 75-80km circular and level orbit:

Set up a node opposite of the KSC (it's on the continent that looks like Africa). Adjust until you have roughly a 28,000m periapsis. Move the node until the periapsis is over the Japan-looking island to the east of the KSC. Burn on the maneuver node and you should come in right over the KSC with plenty of altitude to maneuver.

The observation module. It has no node on top so that part is how the tug can move it into place.

Or if you're like me and you take the observation module into orbit with its truss while forgetting the second docking module, you can also just line it up to the station, then to dock with the station and push it into the awaiting observation module. :)

2.08 on the Spaceport

Adds these three items as well as several fixes and changes

ueZCN7E.jpg

Difficulty attaching and using the various 6-way hubs? You need to rotate them!

In fact, if you have problems with the docking ports or hubs, you have to rotate them to align them properly (default keys are WASD and QE in the VAB). Don't expect parts to auto align or symmetry. Particularly parts such as these.

Made a rover from the station parts :D

Gorgeous!

Edited by helldiver

Nuuuu... I used the fixed nose cone. ;.;

Edit: Also potentially a bug report. I mean, it's not really a bug so much as a visual inconsistency. Here. It looks like the octagonal section of the station power module is upside down, and by this I mean the solid grey edge appears to be in an orientation inconsistent with the other station modules (i.e. facing outward toward the attachment nodes). Another station module provided for illustration.

Edit2: And would it be possible to make the inner ring of the octagonal port a circle? I greatly appreciate that it mates with standard 1.25m, but the interior ring does not visually suggest this. Not a big deal, but it might help some folks.

AfQAKS4.jpg

Edited by Bomoo

Nuuuu... I used the fixed nose cone. ;.;

Upgrading to 2.08 won't break your game, if you just replaced your folders, not only will you update all files, but get the new parts. The old KSO Radome will still be in your KSO/Parts directory unless you delete it.

The hinged nose cone is now the same as the old one, but opens up.

Edit: Also potentially a bug report. I mean, it's not really a bug so much as a visual inconsistency. Here. It looks like the octagonal section of the station power module is upside down, and by this I mean the solid grey edge appears to be in an orientation inconsistent with the other station modules (i.e. facing outward toward the attachment nodes). Another station module provided for illustration.

I left it like that just to have some variety, but it's an easy change. Probably not for a long while though. Just released v2.08.

Edit2: And would it be possible to make the inner ring of the octagonal port a circle? I greatly appreciate that it mates with standard 1.25m, but the interior ring does not visually suggest this. Not a big deal, but it might help some folks.

No, not without remodeling and recasting.

where is the thread that shows the different space station ideas and concepts for kso????

I never really have one. I don't discuss my design ideas fully or open them up to the community. The main reason being very rarely do folks understand the concept of a unifying theme or art direction.

Ideas that I do implement suggested by KSO users in this thread and the old thread, were because they fell within the scope, role, purpose, art aesthetic, time budget and available plugins examples:

Station Service Tug

Various Docking Ports

KSO Auxiliary Fuel Module

Hinged Nosecone

6-Way Octagonal Hub

6-Way Square Hub

KSO Rear End De-Coupler fairing for Top Mounted KSO stack.

Alternate Cockpits Pack

AR-KSO10 Autopilot System (MechJeb2 KSO specific part).

Most folks making suggestions for some reason or another are in real world land. Nothing wrong with that, but there are already numerous mods out there that provide ISS parts, real NASA or Buran space shuttles, realistic spacecraft, and so on.

Edited by helldiver

Here's something else I was wondering about. What can be done with the landing gear? If possible, I'd like to see it not be entirely rigid. The slightest bounce sends the entire orbiter spinning when I try to land.