[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

i'm very sorry to be a pian in the ass here helldriver but maybe could you make a shuttle (or atleast the command part of the shuttle) not have the RastaPropMoniter? i'm a very big fan of this but it's just too memory greedy (even with the reduction pack and the non hd texture pack) for my computer... and the fact that i never do IVAs on missions :/

if you can't right now then please just keep this feature in mind ^.^ thanks.

I think they are only supposed to be active when your in IVA, otherwise they don't exist.

I think this was stated in the Rasterprop forum

I think they are only supposed to be active when your in IVA, otherwise they don't exist.

I think this was stated in the Rasterprop forum

I see a big memory hit with this too, even if Im not in the IVA view. The shuttle seems to work fine if you just delete the RPM folders though. JSI and Hyomoto. just erase those two folders. works for me, and no performance hit.

Two caveats...

1) I am not sure how to deal with the end effector attachment point, there is an air gap that looks like it is proportional to the amount the arm was scaled. Hopefully some body will have input on this.

2) The oscillation that plagues arms and shuttles is alive and well. I've blown up a few shuttles.

Solved.

1) Modify the part config file and adjust the location of the attachment node. You'll probably have to experiment by trial and error to find the correct one and keep tweaking it until it attaches in the right place.

2) From the Romfarer forum, use struts on the base of the arm to minimize wobble. Then when grabbing objects, switch to "fine control" mode with the CapsLock. It moves slowly but doesn't destroy the vehicle.

I just picked up a new video card, here's hoping for a weekend release!!

I'm fast but not that fast. I have other things I have to do during the day, even so, I'm going full steam. Fortunately the labs shouldn't take as long as the SST's cab is taking (which has actually been fast and hassle free). Fortunately once the art is done, it shouldn't take Nazari that long to get it in game. None of this is technical and demanding like the KSO was. And a lot of it is just being drag and dropped over.

Wasn't going to post WIP shots, but just to keep you guys up to date on my progress here are some shots of the SST's cab. "Hey it's missing details and textures don't seem complete", that's because I'm not finished...

u1A857I.jpg

BJINot5.jpg

The KSP Logo is there to stay, same as the KSO or the KSO Super 25. That's also a no on the alternate skin thing especially for this thing. It's not meant to be a prime mover or a command pod really.

I agree on the yellow. It was a joke really since it reminded me so much of a mining drone from Homeworld or like construction equipment (think Caterpillar). The SST is inspired by the various service vehicles you see in and around the VAB/SPH.

http://i.imgur.com/xNaCYcU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6CjTsFK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XlEXI7M.jpg

Note any similarities? http://i.imgur.com/sXUeQNb.jpg

I think if you went with more of an orange or red orange for the tug part it could work

Solved.

2) From the Romfarer forum, use struts on the base of the arm to minimize wobble. Then when grabbing objects, switch to "fine control" mode with the CapsLock. It moves slowly but doesn't destroy the vehicle.

I take stuff out of the cargo bay and deploy it without problems, even at full arm extension. Plucking things out of orbit and placing them in the cargo bay... mmmm... not so hot.

I take stuff out of the cargo bay and deploy it without problems, even at full arm extension. Plucking things out of orbit and placing them in the cargo bay... mmmm... not so hot.

I gave up on the arms long ago.

It was counter productive to why I play KSP in the first place, to have fun and get away from the frustrations of my everyday life.

I'm fast but not that fast. I have other things I have to do during the day, even so, I'm going full steam. Fortunately the labs shouldn't take as long as the SST's cab is taking (which has actually been fast and hassle free). Fortunately once the art is done, it shouldn't take Nazari that long to get it in game. None of this is technical and demanding like the KSO was. And a lot of it is just being drag and dropped over.

Wasn't going to post WIP shots, but just to keep you guys up to date on my progress here are some shots of the SST's cab. "Hey it's missing details and textures don't seem complete", that's because I'm not finished...

http://i.imgur.com/u1A857I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BJINot5.jpg

once again thanks to those people who i've forgotten the names of that helped me with the rastaprobmoniter issue.

i've noticed that you've put the stock gauges on the tug and rast prop moniter thingys... i'd like it if while your working on the issue of the blacked out HUDs (after phase two) that you might put the stock gauges in the KSO somewhere... (just asking i'm not saying you should do it) also now that i've uninstalled the rastaprobmoniter and rpm files from my kso gamedata file the light switch doesn't work.

i'm going to try pull upmy old version of KSO and try hookwire it to work via the old button in the cockpit menu.

once again thanks to those people who i've forgotten the names of that helped me with the rastaprobmoniter issue.

i've noticed that you've put the stock gauges on the tug and rast prop moniter thingys... i'd like it if while your working on the issue of the blacked out HUDs (after phase two) that you might put the stock gauges in the KSO somewhere... (just asking i'm not saying you should do it) also now that i've uninstalled the rastaprobmoniter and rpm files from my kso gamedata file the light switch doesn't work.

i'm going to try pull upmy old version of KSO and try hookwire it to work via the old button in the cockpit menu.

I'm not sure I follow you. The KSO has the exact same instruments.

8WzGjrm.png

BJINot5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u1A857I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BJINot5.jpg

Oh, wow! I didn't realise you were going to orientate the tug like that. Looks great!

While researching something else at the US Naval Academy yesterday, I found drawings of the most awesome thing ever:

Shuttle Compatible Nuclear Stage

Of course; I don't know what "scaled down" factor Helldiver is using for the KSO project vs normal shuttles -- what's the size of the KSO Orbiter payload bay? I can then attempt to size a nuclear engine for it using Space Propulsion Analysis and Design.

While researching something else at the US Naval Academy yesterday, I found drawings of the most awesome thing ever:

Shuttle Compatible Nuclear Stage

Of course; I don't know what "scaled down" factor Helldiver is using for the KSO project vs normal shuttles -- what's the size of the KSO Orbiter payload bay? I can then attempt to size a nuclear engine for it using Space Propulsion Analysis and Design.

thx for that, I'm always interested in any nuclear rocket stuff.

HI there i love this shuttle addon. I have not been following the thread fully but, this shuttle really needs a bigger cargo bay and arm so we can launsh satellites and build space stations.

HI there i love this shuttle addon. I have not been following the thread fully but, this shuttle really needs a bigger cargo bay and arm so we can launsh satellites and build space stations.

Watch my videos. You do not need a bigger cargo bay! lol