[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I found out today that I can't place the KSO standard docking ports on a stockparts spaceplane.... is there a way to one on a stock part? Is it possible to put a standard stock docking port somewhere on the KSO space station?? I'm kinda bummed....

I found out today that I can't place the KSO standard docking ports on a stockparts spaceplane.... is there a way to one on a stock part? Is it possible to put a standard stock docking port somewhere on the KSO space station?? I'm kinda bummed....

You ought to be able to! Perhaps a piccy from the SPH of the spaceplane showing where you want to put the docking port would help.

all the docking ports for the KSO cant be radialy attached, as they were made to not have problems being placed in the cargo bay. you could use the stock radial adaptor to attach it to your spaceplane.

all the docking ports for the KSO cant be radialy attached, as they were made to not have problems being placed in the cargo bay. you could use the stock radial adaptor to attach it to your spaceplane.

Or editor extensions and enable radial attach for each one as you place it.

Or editor extensions and enable radial attach for each one as you place it.

or you could put in a clipped cubic strut to act as a node.

also, I think ducktape can solve this, and spaceglue/chewed gum. maybe we could have Chuck Norris use his awesome powers to fuse the parts together.

Edited by gooddog15

or you could put in a clipped cubic strut to act as a node.

also, I think ducktape can solve this, and spaceglue/chewed gum. maybe we could have Chuck Norris use his awesome powers to fuse the parts together.

Meh clipping is buggy sometimes... I like enable radial attach for it, its faster and less finicky.

speaking of docking ports, does anyone else notice that they are not compatible with stock clampotrons?

I haven't. It may just be the SDHI clamp-o-tron/parachute combo that I'm using, but I haven't had any issues with that. The SDHI part works fine with the stock ports and KSO ports.

I just wanted to pass on the word that, as of 5/17, the file available from SpacePort seems to have some sort of corruption. I downloaded it several times, and each time I did, I was unable to open it in WinRAR. (Unexpected end of archive error)

The mirror link does seem to be working, however.

can't wait to see the super note: looks like a shuttle on a mcdonald diet lol note 2: not dissing the design but i thing you should do aerospike alternatives for the shuttle

Did you know that the SSME's had a HIGHER ISP at both sea and vaccuum altitudes in comparison to the aerospike? Could someone explain to me why the aerospike was developed if it was going to be a less efficient engine?

When I go to the plug-ins page of the MDF and I click smart SAS it shows me that there's no software installed, even though I have MechJeb2 install.

so if anyone could please tell me how to make this work, and if it's possible to have other functions of MechJeb2 available in the MDF, and also maybe other plug-ins

p/t

Another wierd bug, I don't think this is solely a mechjeb issue, because other ships seem to work, but the KSO seems to have trouble with some of the Mechjeb "autopilot" modes. It works fine with the Ascent guidance, docking autopilot, SASS and the Maneuver planner, but if I try to use Rendezvous Autopilot or Landing Autopilot, it inevitably starts spinning uncontrollably and burning fuel, Oddly enough, this only seems to happen in modes like that that string together one maneuver node after another. I suspect it may have something to so with the gimbals on the OMS or the low torque of the reaction wheels.

Another wierd bug, I don't think this is solely a mechjeb issue, because other ships seem to work, but the KSO seems to have trouble with some of the Mechjeb "autopilot" modes. It works fine with the Ascent guidance, docking autopilot, SASS and the Maneuver planner, but if I try to use Rendezvous Autopilot or Landing Autopilot, it inevitably starts spinning uncontrollably and burning fuel, Oddly enough, this only seems to happen in modes like that that string together one maneuver node after another. I suspect it may have something to so with the gimbals on the OMS or the low torque of the reaction wheels.

Rendezvous auto pilot and the like work just fine, as I just use them to great success half hour ago with the KSO shuttle. I'm talking at the MDF panel in IVA.

8M1lLJW.png

cOVXw2g.png

KSOS_v208 / MechJeb2-2.2.1.0 if these are the latest versions why won't my game even load?

I have 2 other mods EVE + Astronomer pack

Why I'm so baffled is because I can run either mod(KSOS or MeckJeb) every thing seems fine, but together the game wont even load?

I must be missing something!

KSOS_v208 / MechJeb2-2.2.1.0 if these are the latest versions why won't my game even load?

I have 2 other mods EVE + Astronomer pack

Why I'm so baffled is because I can run either mod(KSOS or MeckJeb) every thing seems fine, but together the game wont even load?

I must be missing something!

You've hit the memory limit, It's all over this thread INSTALL ACTIVE TEXTURE MANAGEMENT, or are you playing on a 98 laptop? Because I have way more than 3 mods and i'm just over 2g of memory use and game data folder is just under 2 gigs. I just get tired of people complaining before they read.

Edited by Woodstar

Rendezvous auto pilot and the like work just fine, as I just use them to great success half hour ago with the KSO shuttle. I'm talking at the MDF panel in IVA.

http://i.imgur.com/8M1lLJW.png

http://i.imgur.com/cOVXw2g.png

Do you have the most up to date RPM? Are you running the dev build of Mechjeb? If so there are updated RPM files in the Mechjeb thread.

Here's the latest version that I'm using (MechJeb2-2.2.1.0) and forgive my limited knowledge but what is a RPM files. :)

Raster Prop Monitors is the plugin that allows the KSO to display the Mechjeb auto pilot on the MFD's, So if you update it it might fix your problem of it saying "Autopilot not installed".