[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Progress Updates

Limited Edition will only be available for download for a short time.

http://imgur.com/a/8jgoQ

OH MY KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!! :D

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

it looks so good that my dog is trying to lick the screen.

I can't wait to see this thing in action.

Edited by gooddog15

Guys, it's just a progress update. We still have to get it in game, Nazari has to wire it, and there are a few minor steps I have to do still.

To do

-Finish tile number labels

-Edge Highlights

-Collision models

-Send to Nazari to begin getting it into the game.

-IVA Cockpit interior

-Testing

Where do i get this limited edition from

-Will be an additional texture included in the download. You'll simply drag and drop it and replace the standard one.

DO WANT DO WANT!!!!!!!!

Any spoilers to when we can clicky clicky download?

-We're still a few weeks away, the IVA isn't even done yet. But getting there.

WANT but first since it is limited edition, does that mean that it is only out for a limited time 0.o or what?

-Yes. It's a show of appreciation for all the support on the thread. So the alternate texture will only be up in the download for a short while then I'm deleting the texture.

Well that Limited Edition livery is on the Super 25, so that probably means you can get it once the Super 25 is released. This could mean the Super 25 is coming soon.

-Still have some major components that aren't done.

Nice! Pretty!

How many cockpit pods will be available?

-One only. It's a solid fuselage (rear end, cargo bay, and cockpit is all one). Wings and everything else is separate.

It doesn't look like it has a nosecone hatch, though it has a built in docking port. I am hoping it will be released tonight, or at least have a date for it.

-Wish I could give a definitive date. Note the To Do list above plus we have to give Nazari ample time to get everything working. My hope is that he doesn't run into problems. The delays are usually when he runs into problems such as plugins not functioning, incorrect behavior in game, or issues with RCS translation/flight control.

Again, thanks everyone for the support! It really keeps me working on this thing diligently. These pics are to keep folks updated on the progress thus far. So far I'm done with most of the major time consuming parts. :D

-One only. It's a solid fuselage (rear end, cargo bay, and cockpit is all one). Wings and everything else is separate.

So does this mean that, aside from the special alternate livery, there won't be alternate names for the Super 25?

That looks BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait to be able to fly that in-game. By the way, after looking at that I had a bit of a brainwave. Have you ever thought of putting one of those Mission Flag Modules (like on some of the stock parts) where you currently have all of the default flags? I understand that that may be a massive pain to do, but food for thought.

That looks BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait to be able to fly that in-game. By the way, after looking at that I had a bit of a brainwave. Have you ever thought of putting one of those Mission Flag Modules (like on some of the stock parts) where you currently have all of the default flags? I understand that that may be a massive pain to do, but food for thought.

I wouldn't mind the ability to put mission flags on the wings, they are kind of plain right now.

I wouldn't mind the ability to put mission flags on the wings, they are kind of plain right now.

I suggested that a long, long time ago.

It occurs to me that there's a way to hack it in with some creative Module Manager editing of the MODEL node, an invisible mesh to put the flag on and a DecalFlag module with the name of the mesh plugged into it. The only thing lacking is knowledge of mesh coordinates so that it sits on the wing properly.

I suggested that a long, long time ago.

It occurs to me that there's a way to hack it in with some creative Module Manager editing of the MODEL node, an invisible mesh to put the flag on and a DecalFlag module with the name of the mesh plugged into it. The only thing lacking is knowledge of mesh coordinates so that it sits on the wing properly.

Or create a new part and then edit the texture and slap a flag and name on the wing

Here is OV-101 'Avalon' reentering Kerbin's atmosphere after a mission:

http://i.imgur.com/1fC1Jcv.png

Looks nice but I don't like the idea of slapping things on top of the wings that might confuse FAR.

You misunderstand. He created a copy of the left and right wing parts and gave them modified textures.

Was messing around and started to make a space plane, then realized that I was in the vehicle assembly hanger and not the space plane. So I tossed on the large shuttle fuel tank and then the liquid fuel boosters and then hit launch. It flew very very much like the KSO except that since it was lighter I was ditching the main fuel tank with at lest half tank full of fuel just before full circularizing.

th_screenshot76_zps57e2644f.png

th_screenshot78_zps65aae6c4.png

Mods used:

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System

Ditobi's Space Shuttle Engines

Porkjet's Mk2 stock expansion mod

Vanguard Technologies EVA parachutes, and escape system

Mechjeb

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion

Not a large part of the craft but was used in this craft;

Romfarer Lazor System

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics

And then some other non part add-ones that number too many to list ( yes i am lazy!)

Just posting here encase Helldiver would like to know what crazy things other people have done using his mod.

Looks nice but I don't like the idea of slapping things on top of the wings that might confuse FAR.

The flag, name and KSP logo are modified textures. I created copies of the right wing for each of my named shuttles (3 in total), and a copy of the left wing and made new textures for the copied parts. I did the same for the name on the cockpit module as well. Nothing was bolted on to the wings and they use the same model as the default wings.

The 59th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 159 is the 15th flight of Rebellious. STS 159's objective is to deploy the Laythe Space Station Tug! Jeb and the Rebels weren't happy about being phased out in favor of the KSO Super 25 EWBCL and have permanently moved the mini shuttle program to Laythe!

The Laythe Space Station Construction Missions run STS 159-STS 171 and uses the Phase II KSO Station Parts!

Some more updates

Phase 3 is about 60% complete. The hardest parts are out of the way.

-KSO Super 25 Exterior is DONE!

To do

-Colliders

-Thrustmax SSME for KSO Super 25.

-Interior (IVA, Cockpit)

-Resize Lift vehicle so it looks good both on the standard KSO and the KSO Super 25.

-Testing

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Part's List

-Missing in the picture is the KSO 25 Thrustmax SSME

AT8qOVb.jpg

Edited by helldiver

Some more updates

Phase 3 is about 60% complete. The hardest parts are out of the way.

-KSO Super 25 Exterior is DONE!

To do

-Colliders

-Thrustmax SSME for KSO Super 25.

-Interior (IVA, Cockpit)

-Resize Lift vehicle so it looks good both on the standard KSO and the KSO Super 25.

-Testing

http://imgur.com/a/Hsw1x

Part's List

-Missing in the picture is the KSO 25 Thrustmax SSME

http://i.imgur.com/AT8qOVb.jpg

I like how that mun door slides opens. This thing is just gorgeous. Your talent really shines through your work.

Something I've been wondering since the start, why are your rear gears so far forward? I can understand the placement if the craft was an SSTO, or meant to take off horizontally at all, but as it is, I would expect the gear to be much further rearward, and it would give a lot more clearance for flaring and landing. Loving the design though, BTW.

Something I've been wondering since the start, why are your rear gears so far forward? I can understand the placement if the craft was an SSTO, or meant to take off horizontally at all, but as it is, I would expect the gear to be much further rearward, and it would give a lot more clearance for flaring and landing. Loving the design though, BTW.

I HATE with prejudice, when they are too far aft of the CG, because it breaks Rule of Cool. Rule of Cool First; and then everything else. Anyhow, they are aft of the CG by a little bit, just enough to keep you from tipping back. You'll still have to practice proper re-entry and fuel amounts, but the Super 25 will be a lot more forgiving.