[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

KSOS v2.08 should be compatible with 0.23.5

-Did some testing today and so far I didn't find any issues.

-When using the SST + Claw, do not extend the RCS Arms, make sure the SST's SAS is ON otherwise it may spiral out of control.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-If you want to be able to retrieve your SST, you will need a Small Square Docking Port (in KSOS v2.08). The other docking ports are too large.

-Better setup would be to build a vehicle that doesn't take up as much space as the SST using stock 1.5m parts.

-Otherwise wait for the EWBCL which will have more than enough room for a fully upgraded SST (fuel tank + engines) plus the claw and still have room to spare.

Notes about Space Program Flags

-The KSO EWBCL will incorporate putting your flag on the side of it using the same method the ARM Claw uses. As long as Nazari doesn't have issues with it.

-The KSO (standard) won't have this upgrade until after the EWBCL is released since it requires some re-UVing, but my plan is to also incorporate it.

Regarding names on the side

This is doable in theory, but the problem is that I think you can only have 1 flag on your spacecraft. You can't have two separate flags. So if you choose Resolute for example, it will appear everywhere on your space craft that has a Flag slot, follow me? So for now, the KSO won't have the name be a flag unless someone writes a plugin that allows you to set multiple flag graphics on the same space craft.

Edited by helldiver

Regarding names on the side

This is doable in theory, but the problem is that I think you can only have 1 flag on your spacecraft. You can't have two separate flags. So if you choose Resolute for example, it will appear everywhere on your space craft that has a Flag slot, follow me? So for now, the KSO won't have the name be a flag unless someone writes a plugin that allows you to set multiple flag graphics on the same space craft.

Would it be possible to just separate that portion of the UV out onto a separate texture canvas, say a 128x128 one that had just the name on a white background?

That way, people who wanted multiple names in game at a time wouldn't need to duplicate the entire huge texture.

BTW, is there any plan on fixing stability issues with the SST? Or is it Working As Intended?

If not, has anyone experimented with adding additional RCS ports to help stabilize it?

BTW, is there any plan on fixing stability issues with the SST? Or is it Working As Intended?

If not, has anyone experimented with adding additional RCS ports to help stabilize it?

You mean the node dancing?

No, that's a MechJeb issue. I mean how it has a tendency to tumble. I'm talking about the SST, not the KSO.

I know what you mean, even doing a simple 180 turn will throw you off course, something to do with the rcs.

How much cargo can the shuttle bring back from space (with help from KAS stuts) ? could it bring the tug back?

Yes that's possible, I've done that myself without the KAS struts.

How much cargo can the shuttle bring back from space (with help from KAS stuts) ? could it bring the tug back?

Don't even need the struts just be sure to use flaps( I know they are just aesthetic but in my mind LMAO they work) and the air break to get below 60m\s and try touching down with all 3 landing gear not just the back two.

Don't even need the struts just be sure to use flaps( I know they are just aesthetic but in my mind LMAO they work) and the air break to get below 60m\s and try touching down with all 3 landing gear not just the back two.

What do you mean there only aesthetic. They work like normal flaps would.

I know what you mean, even doing a simple 180 turn will throw you off course, something to do with the rcs.

So is there a fix planned or no? Anyone tried adding stock RCS ports?

I just disable rcs on sst when turning. A bit annoying, but does the job.

Node dancing on kso is more of a problem. Thrusting with ssmes solves it partially, but uses more fuel. Maybe add probe core with prograde vector trim?

What do you mean there only aesthetic. They work like normal flaps would.

There isn't any game mechanic to allow them to actually work in stock ksp. The flaps are placeholder objects, but they should work if set up to be surfaces in FAR.

So is there a fix planned or no? Anyone tried adding stock RCS ports?

The tug's rcs setup can't be improved beyond how it is now. Make sure you have the newest version of the files - and using rcs for translation only should be more stable.

No, that's a MechJeb issue. I mean how it has a tendency to tumble. I'm talking about the SST, not the KSO.

Node dancing is a stock issue. Mechjeb can't make the maneuver node dance like that. And when it 'chases' it, it's just trying to aim where stock KSP is telling it the maneuver node is.

The 40th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 4th flight of Phase II! STS 140's objectives are to deploy the Laythe Drilling Module, return to the KSC Runway, and head off to and mine Laythe. The Laythe Ore Mining Probe will drill and analyze one of Laythe's ore deposits at the main potential colony location!

The deployment missions run STS 139 & STS 140.

Most of the footage is shown in 8x speed for quick viewing.

STS 141 will begin the first manned mission to Laythe!

Node dancing is a stock issue. Mechjeb can't make the maneuver node dance like that. And when it 'chases' it, it's just trying to aim where stock KSP is telling it the maneuver node is.

I'm not asking about Node dancing. I'm asking about the SST stability.

I'm not asking about Node dancing. I'm asking about the SST stability.

Yeah but Lekke asked if you meant node dancing to which you replied, 'No, that's a MechJeb issue.' which misinforms other people who then think they have to go to the Mechjeb thread about their node dancing issue.