I just coughed up something weird

NASAFanboy

Just coughed up this white fleshly mass with some mucus hanging off the edge and spots of blood on it. I did not eat, so I am 100% certain this is not food. It's also soft, like flesh.

This has never happened to me before. I don't smoke, no one in my family smokes, and no one around me smokes. I don't like in an crowded city, and live an quiet and comfortable life.

Can anyone explain?

Just coughed up this white fleshly mass with some mucus hanging off the edge and spots of blood on it. I did not eat, so I am 100% certain this is not food. It's also soft, like flesh.

This has never happened to me before. I don't smoke, no one in my family smokes, and no one around me smokes. I don't like in an crowded city, and live an quiet and comfortable life.

Can anyone explain?

Go to a doctor.

Can anyone explain?

Either something important broke, or you have an infection. Which is likely to cause something important to break. See a doctor.

Are you sure it's a piece of actual tissue and not just white phlegm stuff?

That would suggest a malignant disease. Especially if there's blood. All of a sudden a piece of tissue, that's not likely.

Seek medical help immediately. I'd bring the goo in a container.

Did it smell? Does it hurt when you cough? Do you have elevated temperature, even if it's just slightly above normal?

You need a complete blood count, CRP, sedimentation value, I mean total blood examination.

And x-ray imaging of thorax. Lateral and AP.

Edited by lajoswinkler

im sorry but i seriously distrust the healthcare establishment. haven't seen a doctor in 20 years. maybe if they would let the doctors run the show and not the insurance companies. besides all the advice seemed a little redundant so i pitched in something different.

im sorry but i seriously distrust the healthcare establishment. haven't seen a doctor in 20 years. maybe if they would let the doctors run the show and not the insurance companies. besides all the advice seemed a little redundant so i pitched in something different.

This guy has a bona fide medical problem, and you thought this was a good time to chip in with your personal prejudices? Not helpful, and definitely not cool.

I don't know where is OP from. Even if he's from USA, where the healthcare system is run by imbeciles, you shouldn't say those things.

If you haven't seen a doctor in 20 years, good for you and your health. Some of us don't have the privilege of being that healthy.

whoever said i was healthy? you try going through life pulling your own teeth and doing your own stitches. it aint fun.

that said, i bet he just inhaled a bug in his sleep and these are its fettid, desicated remains. statistically humans inhale 3 insects a year, this is the body's way of getting rid of it. evolution has graced us with this miracle damage control system called pain. its usually a good indication of damage.