[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

Resized to 1024*1024. Well, as I have been informed, TR or UR dont replace GameData textures so best hopes on Texture Management on tha one. That's the plan for the loading part. :D

I'm a 512*512 man myself :P No worries, third party compression does a brilliant job if people need to save RAM. Keep up the good work!

But Im still pondering if those mini engines still need retexture XDDD

Oh, and i've always wondered - how do you get the UV maps extracted to do this? Nobody else seems to have done it before (or is it a trade secret) :o

Here are my opinions on this WIP IF the pics in the OP are still accurate (aka textures haven't been changed since those were taken)

1. Add a little more color to the textures! Grey, grey and more grey isn't very appealing... If the radials were orange, I would prefer a carbon fiber/composite look with orange on them and a metallic nozzle.

2. Rescale the labels. Right now, they look kind of like little model rockets, not real ones. After all, the RS-25s on the Delta IV don't have the words "RS-25" printed on them! :)

3. Add more variety in the materials used. As said above, sometimes a combination of a matte (carbon fibre/composite) look and a metallic/shiny look are quite nice!

4. The green on the LV-909 and the Mainsail? Bleeech. Please change ;)

Otherwise, nice work. Will download when you release first edition!

Edited by FCISuperGuy

2. Rescale the labels. Right now, they look kind of like little model rockets, not real ones. After all, the RS-25s on the Delta IV don't have the words "RS-25" printed on them! :)

True, but the KW engines do.

Mostly agree with your other points though, I like the metallic nozzles. A carbon fibre texture wouldn't go amiss too. Maybe change the green to a blue as well, similar to the SPS/Maverick

Resized to 1024*1024. Well, as I have been informed, TR or UR dont replace GameData textures so best hopes on Texture Management on tha one. That's the plan for the loading part. :D

Ill try with the Apollo pod.

BTW, as for the alpha, it will be an overwrite install. I'll work with the texture management on future release :)

TextureReplacer 1.3.2 now supports replacing textures in GameData.

TextureReplacer 1.3.2 now supports replacing textures in GameData.

One thing:

:0.0:

I didn't know we had spoiler D:

See, this is what I meant by 'some directional triangles to show ejection direction' (ARM update 3m decoupler)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/raptor_87/KSP/ARM%20preview/armdecoupler_zpsdb00af44.png

In perfect keeping with KW style, as you notice. Also, I've just trademarked 'Ejection Direction' as a band name.

I'll definitely add it some time later :wink:

Edited by blackheart612

Guys, I just packed an Alpha.

-All Liquid Engines are re-textured except the LV-1 and the Radial Version of it.

-Some mbms are 128*128/256*256/512*512 but most are 1024*1024.

-Recommended use of Active Texture Management for heavily modded installs (they look quite bad though)

Have Fun!

Original Post for easier navigation

I personally think that squad textures are neat, just a little low definition. :D

(Some of these days, I really plan on HD'ing it)

Don't get me wrong, i think so too! Its just the problem with KSP, is that its been in development for such a long time (and the parts released so sporadically), things aren't completely consistent in style or resolution. Probably the whole point of doing this mod lol

I love the appearance of stock parts, which is why I'm trying to tie my texturing work in with them as much as i can. They've got so much quaint charm. I could never download B9 and enjoy it as much as the stock game :(

I like the look. I use KW too, though there's something about the stock look that still gets me (I just wish that certain parts had higher res textures, such as the 2.5m Pod.)

Edited by Castun

Guys, I just packed an Alpha.

-All Liquid Engines are re-textured except the LV-1 and the Radial Version of it.

-Some mbms are 128*128/256*256/512*512 but most are 1024*1024.

-Recommended use of Active Texture Management for heavily modded installs (they look quite bad though)

Have Fun!

Original Post for easier navigation

Excellent!....Looking forward to testing them out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.