[1.0.x] Procedural Parts Textures | Procedural KW - June 8

blackheart612

Yeah cool!

Well a small issue. For me it seems all of your fairing bases don't seem to fit really well. Would it be possible to instead use the procedural fairing size changer?

edit: And another one. The fairings in this pack won't attach to to any base. I assume an issue with the position of the nodes. It also seems that the have radial attachment turned on.

Edited by Bizz Keryear

Yeah cool!

Well a small issue. For me it seems all of your fairing bases don't seem to fit really well. Would it be possible to instead use the procedural fairing size changer?

edit: And another one. The fairings in this pack won't attach to to any base. I assume an issue with the position of the nodes. It also seems that the have radial attachment turned on.

This MOD needs a update to work. I love this textures!

Made a config that does fixes the node orientation and adds resizeability to the fairing bases. Hope the original author adds this to the stock version.

Place the config in your GameData folder, and make sure you have the latest version of ModuleManager installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr62iw5u1va4hzi/Stock_blackheart-PP-PF.cfg?dl=0

Made a config that does fixes the node orientation and adds resizeability to the fairing bases. Hope the original author adds this to the stock version.

Place the config in your GameData folder, and make sure you have the latest version of ModuleManager installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr62iw5u1va4hzi/Stock_blackheart-PP-PF.cfg?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys anyone has any idea about the right node values for the KW proc fairings bases?

I haven't got round to doing it yet but looking at it i'd assume you would want to change the rescale factor and the model scale instead of the nodes

so take for example the 1.25m one:

MODEL
{
model = blackheart/ProceduralFairings/KW_Fairing_Base
scale = 1.15, 1.15, 1.15
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 0.75

if you delete that " scale = 1.15, 1.15, 1.15" and work out how to change the rescaleFactor to account for that extra change instead (brain isn't working for the arithmetic right this second) it should be fine, since the rescaleFactor moves the nodes along with it, but the scale in MODEL doesn't.

Edit: maybe 0.8625 as rescale factor? try that, if not then I was right and my brain isn't working today.

so it would be this instead:

MODEL
{
model = blackheart/ProceduralFairings/KW_Fairing_Base
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 0.8625

if you don't get the chance to see this before I try it myself I'll confirm/deny whether that sorts it out

Edit: Nope that didn't help at all, hmm I was sure that would at least change it a bit, well I wanna use these anyway so I'm going to mess around with the nodes I'll report back when I'm done with em.

ok so much more than just the nodes need to be changed, and when I do that (updating the module to the new PF modules) everything goes wrong, the 1.25m base is determined to be 2.5m even though in every way it is set to not being, the nodes don't move no matter how much I move them, and it just generally doesn't work at all.

so I think it might be easier for now to take a fairing base from KW rocketry's actual pack, delete the stock ModuleProceduralFairing and then copy all the necessary stuff out from the procedural fairings config.

Edited by Squiggsy
clarification

Ok, I actually did a couple of stuffs already but forgot to upload. More like my schedule playing was tight I never got the time to fully update the OP. But here we go:

1.0.x Tested Textures:

After some time off, here's what I have updated:

Removed some old textures (replaced some with new)

PFairings are not completely updated, only one is included but has new texture

Does not contain the KW Fairing bases

Javascript is disabled. View full album

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

DISCLAIMER: Might have done something wrong with textures, just post here if you have issues, thank you :D

Known issues:

Chaka Station Black Texture is derpy, it isn't stretched out at the moment

KOSMOS Station texture and the top texture aren't aligned, not a major problem but I am bothered.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I actually did a couple of stuffs already but forgot to upload. More like my schedule playing was tight I never got the time to fully update the OP. But here we go:

I hate to be "that guy", but I can't get your fairings to work. I have KW installed and years of experience with e-dog's procedural fairings mod. But the fairings won't attach to the radial points on either the Procedural Fairings bases nor the KW p-fairing bases.

I hate to be "that guy", but I can't get your fairings to work. I have KW installed and years of experience with e-dog's procedural fairings mod. But the fairings won't attach to the radial points on either the Procedural Fairings bases nor the KW p-fairing bases.

That's likely because the nodes haven't been updated to the strict node orientation system in KSP 1.0.x. I've been working on configuring the KW fairings to work with Procedural Fairings, and I'm pretty happy with how that's turning out. If you like you can download the configs from my Github.

https://github.com/Felger/ProceduralFairings-ForEverything

You'll need KW Rocketry, Procedural Fairings, FireSpitterCore, and ModuleManager for them to work properly.

I'll be expanding that to cover most any mod with fairings in it, and I'll release it properly at some point.

I also have blackheart's fairing wall textures in there with his permission, and have the texture switching set up for all of the fairing walls.

That's likely because the nodes haven't been updated to the strict node orientation system in KSP 1.0.x. I've been working on configuring the KW fairings to work with Procedural Fairings, and I'm pretty happy with how that's turning out. If you like you can download the configs from my Github.

https://github.com/Felger/ProceduralFairings-ForEverything

You'll need KW Rocketry, Procedural Fairings, FireSpitterCore, and ModuleManager for them to work properly.

I'll be expanding that to cover most any mod with fairings in it, and I'll release it properly at some point.

I also have blackheart's fairing wall textures in there with his permission, and have the texture switching set up for all of the fairing walls.

Brilliant, I'll test it out. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
I've been using this as a work around for a little while now, and is there any way I can disable the effect the mod has on stock fairings, while still using it for the KW ones, etc?

Yeah, delete the Squad configs in the ProceduralFairings-ForEverything folder. I'm curious why you'd want to use the stock fairings there, but not in KW though? The most recent KW rocketry employs the stock fairings.

Stock fairings are cool, there are mods which make them clamshell, make their texture switchable and tweak the number of shells. The only feature they seemingly lack is a presence of interstage fairings with a node ontop, which doesn't require building a pillar inside.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a campaign in version 1.1.3 and RSS based around a Chinese space program, and as a result I was on the lookout for Chinese textures for procedural fairings and procedural parts. The procedural fairings loaded without any problem, but the textures for procedural parts in "Old Files 0.23.5 StretchySRB Textures" wouldn't load. It wasn't just the Chinese tank decals I wanted. It seemed to be all the textures in that download. I have attached the log of the attempted loading of the Chinese Procedural Parts textures below. 

I did several restarts and also did a clean run with nothing but Stock, Procedural Parts and the texture files in the Gamedata folder, but still the textures wouldn't appear. Scrolling through the configurations on a Procedural Parts tank, it was just the default few (Greyside, Goldfoil, Cryogenic etc).

Since I'm kind of new here, just let me know if you need any further information or the entire log and I'll try my best to provide it. I looked very thoroughly everywhere for this issue to make sure I wasn't reposting but wasn't able to find anything. But, do bear with me if I missed something. Thanks for your time. :)

[ModuleManager] Applying node RealismOverhaul/RealismOverhaul_Global_Config/@PART[*]:HAS[#RSSROConfig[*],!MODULE[ModuleAeroReentry]]:FINAL to blackheart/ProceduralFairings/ChinaFairing/chinafairing/KzProcFairingChina
[ModuleManager] Applying node RealismOverhaul/zProcFariingsDestrut/@PART[*]:FINAL to blackheart/ProceduralFairings/ChinaFairing/chinafairing/KzProcFairingChina
[ModuleManager] Applying node WarpPlugin/Patches/OreTanksFix/@PART[*]:FINAL to blackheart/ProceduralFairings/ChinaFairing/chinafairing/KzProcFairingChina
[ModuleManager] Applying node WarpPlugin/Patches/OreTanksFix/@PART[*]:FINAL to blackheart/ProceduralFairings/ChinaFairing/chinafairing/KzProcFairingChina
*ST* Sides textures not found for Chinasides
*ST* Sides textures not found for Chinasides2
*ST* Sides textures not found for Chinasides3
*ST* Sides textures not found for Chinasides4
PartLoader: Compiling Part 'blackheart/ProceduralFairings/ChinaFairing/chinafairing/KzProcFairingChina'
PartLoader: Part 'blackheart/ProceduralFairings/ChinaFairing/chinafairing/KzProcFairingChina' has no database record. Creating.
DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KzProcFairingChina'
[DRE] skipping part KzProcFairingChina (leaveTemp = True)
[EL PF] checking: KzProcFairingChina False

7 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@SyzygyΣE

I wasn't able to update everything but here are some of the legacy pack I didn't modify them much, just added some ruggedness in the texture. Includes the Chinese textures. Tested in 1.1.3.

Dropbox Link

Thank you for your help. I will double check to see if they work and report back to you if something still isn't quite right. But, there shouldn't be any problems. :)

Edited by SyzygyΣE

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.