Need a place to brag; FIRST AIRCRAFT LANDING! :D

Tassyr

When I found ksp,first thing was building a plane. I didnt care abour rockets much at start. Planes are easy for me,I can land,Land on iva,I can make vtol,I even went to mun with one of my planes eQV7J3.jpg

Wish I was this good at rocket designs. :)

Landing a plane is a big step! Landing it without any sort of extra instrumentation (ie. fully stock) is even more challenging, and landing a spaceplane after going to space can be the hardest challenge of all thanks to the shift in center of mass relative to center of lift. You've taken your first step to a more efficient way to get into orbit.

Congrats!

Luckily I had lots of practice landing while playing Combat Flight Sim 3, although most of my KSP landings still end up as parts scattered across a conveniently located field. Shot-up planes handle like what I created in the SPH, so it was good practice. But in KSP the only runway I've managed to land on is the island runway, which resembles some of the WWII airbases in CFS3. And I still haven't gotten an aircraft to orbit, nevermind landing from orbit.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Sorry to brag but I just gotta... first time I landed an aircraft without makin' a crater! :D

Congratulations! I'm not particularly skilled with planes either, but I do recall my first successful landing and it was such a great feeling. Woot!

When I found ksp,first thing was building a plane. I didnt care abour rockets much at start. Planes are easy for me,I can land,Land on iva,I can make vtol,I even went to mun with one of my planes http://i.hizliresim.com/eQV7J3.jpg

Wish I was this good at rocket designs. :)

Assuming that is an SSTO, how did you get to the mun, on one tank of rocket fuel?

Awesome. Congrats!

I don't do too much in planes very often because landing is such a pain. I can never seem to work out how the fuel drain will impact center of mass ... and then the center of lift gets out of whack .... and then i'm cartwheeling everywhere. :) Great job to you!

Also, I dig the Dynasoar replica. Got a shot of the thing on the launchpad?

Awesome. Congrats!

I don't do too much in planes very often because landing is such a pain. I can never seem to work out how the fuel drain will impact center of mass ... and then the center of lift gets out of whack .... and then i'm cartwheeling everywhere. :) Great job to you!

Also, I dig the Dynasoar replica. Got a shot of the thing on the launchpad?

With 0.23 you can see your craft's empty mass,Right click to tank and remove fuel :)

Also too bad,I didnt save the craft file :/

Good job! Planes were/ are so hard for me to land that I made some "self flying" planes. But sometimes those are not technically correct, as the CoL is ahead of or close to the CoM with some of the planes. I also made a few "self orbiting" rockets because starting out, getting to orbit was hard for me. But maybe I've learned a few things since then. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.