Mods or Stock?

Mods?  

1. 1. Mods?

• I go for all-stock; absolutely no mods whatnot ever.
    • I have some realism plugins such as FAR and Real Solar System.
    • I have no mods but plugins in general.
    • I have 1 to 5 mods.
    • I have 6 to 10 mods.
    • I have 11 to 20 mods.
    • I have 21 to 30 mods.
    • I have 30+ mods.
    • I have only a certain type of mods (State which in a reply).
    • I have only mini-mods.

Do you use Mods; do you install LOTS of them, a small amount, stock alike only or plugins only; or do you go for all-stock even without the slightest exception?

I am a really Mod person with 30+ folders in GameData. I go for everything; although i prefer "Construction Kit" mods like NovaPunch or Down Under Aerospace over "Assemble craft under instructions" mods. I obviously use a lot of stock alike mods since there are many stock parts that fill in necessary niches; another reason for at least approximately one third of a craft of mine to be consisting of stock or stock alike parts is because i use KerbPaint.

Mods are awesome! I like plugins such as FAR, DR, and KJR, as well as parts packs such as Interstellar and Kethane, and atmospheric mods like Chatterer and KerbPaint. I don't really discount anything unless it ups the difficulty too much for my tastes (Life Support packs) or feels cheaty.

I actually underestimated the amount I downloaded when voting. I put 11-20, but it's really in the 20-30 range lol.

As far as part mods go, I stick to the stock-alike ones for consistency. Meaning RLA, Porkjet's habitat pack and similar. Plugins, on the other hand...couldn't play without KAC, Crew Manifest, SelectRoot and Engineer (VAB info only). Chatterer is nice as well =)

Come next save, Deadly reentry, FAR, RemoteTech and Kethane will probably find their way to my hard drive, though.

I have three games, each with a different mod loudout. The first is a mostly stock save, with plugins like Kerbal Engineer, VOID, crew manifest, and Kerbal Alarm, as well as stockalike parts from KSPX and RLA.

The second is a part-clogged game, with B9, KW, AIES, Near Future, shuttle engines, etc. Thank god for texture reduction and stuff, or my game would want to die.

The third is a realism/difficulty game, with RemoteTech 2, TAC life support, Deadly Re-entry, Kerbal Interstellar, KW, and Sido's Urania system for PlanetFactory.

I play stock and occasionally try out a mod.

And invariably the mods I try either don't work or get broken by an update and are not regularly maintained... so I go back to stock.

Mechjeb blew up my rockets. Haven't played with it since...

Damned robotics... didn't work... hasn't been updated...

Remote tech... broke on .23 and isn't being fixed properly till .24...

Mods are fun. Mods are fine. If you don't mind them breaking on you at the drop of a hat... have at it.

I only use mods that integrate somewhat well with stock parts, i.e. no overpowered engines, no zero-mass tanks, et cetera. Concerning plugins: I run a lot of them, but none that lower the realism. Graphics-wise, Visual Enhancements and TextureReplacer coupled with several additions (8k Kerbin, 8k skybox, white HD EVA suits and so on). Here's how my game looks as of a couple days ago: this is a link.

Selected Stock Only (No Mods)

That mainly for personal reasons, I just prefare a stock game.

There is also the small element, that I am on the QA Team, where running stock parts only is essential to good testing of the base game.

I have dabbled with some Mods, Far + B9 for the better plane simulation, in a second folder of KSP; But it didn't stay on my hard drive for long.

Up until recently I was going all stock for nearly a year. But now I think I understand that Squad is not actually planing on implementing things like FAR, deadly reentry or Kethane into the vanilla, so I have installed several mods to test them out.

I usually play stock, but I try a mod or two here and there, usually deleting them after a while.

I'll probably leave: Deadly Reentry because it's a necessary level of realism, Krag's Planet Factory because I like its new challenges and KSPX because I like how it offers parts that really should exist in the stock game.

Kerbal Engineer is something I'm testing at the moment and it really makes my life easier.

I've removed MechJeb a long time ago because I don't need it.

If I had a beast of a computer, I'd probably use those mods that make the game prettier.

But now I think I understand that Squad is not actually planing on implementing things like FAR, deadly reentry ... into the vanilla ...

Not sure where you get that from, would like a reference.

I've been stock for a long time, but recently started using mods: KAC, KAS, Kethane, clouds and lights Planet Factory and Sidos Urania system.

These mods have given the game a new lease on life for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.