[0.24.2] KerbalHotSeat v1.0.3.0 (11th August 2014)

codepoet

Current download v1.0.3.0 is available from github and kerbalstuff.

Introduction

Maybe he has ants in this pants, or maybe they did not install that new comfy seat in the pod that he asked for, but for some reason Jeb just can't sit still. Given the opportunity he keeps getting out of his seat and moving around his spaceship, swapping seats with Bill and Bob, moving to the other pod etc etc.

With this mod installed your kerbals will occasionally move seats to other seats in the craft. Because this mod uses ConnectedLivingSpace they will only move between seats in the same Living Space.

License

80x15.png

KerbalHotSeat is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Source code

Source code is available here.

If you want to raise a bug, please do so on Github. if that is too challenging for you then do so on this thread.

Edited by codepoet
v1.0.3.0 release

Interesting idea, though without sounding too negative, I'm not sure if this will add to the immersiveness of the game or just frustrating people using raster prop monitors who will constantly be having to reset the mfd displays in the new positions. I'll give it a go though

Interesting idea, though without sounding too negative, I'm not sure if this will add to the immersiveness of the game or just frustrating people using raster prop monitors who will constantly be having to reset the mfd displays in the new positions. I'll give it a go though

Sure, whatever. If it does not work for RPM players then I am sure they will not use it.

It was really written as a test bed for the CLS mod, so maintiners of other more serious mods can read the code to see how to integrate with CLS.

Also because it is a bit fun!

If only kerbals were discincted by something other that name ane being jeb or not beng jeb..

If you use TextureReplacer, the Kerbals not only have their personalities from the stock game, but also can have different (albeit Kerb-ish) appearances.

Is it possible to turn this on/off for individual ships? Kerbals should be moving around my station, but not my launchers.

Is it possible to turn this on/off for individual ships? Kerbals should be moving around my station, but not my launchers.

Currently it is an all or nothing effect. However, it won't swap people around during (or for a little while after) manoeuvres, and only within a Connected Living Space, so it isn't that disruptive to the job at hand of actually flying your ship.

If you use TextureReplacer, the Kerbals not only have their personalities from the stock game, but also can have different (albeit Kerb-ish) appearances.

They will only move around if the craft they are in is in orbital, a sub-orbital trajectory, or on an escape trajectory. If they are on the pad, in flight through the atmosphere, spashed down or landed then they will sit tight. They will also not move until at least 10 minutes since the last burn, and they will not have more than one movement in a ten minute period.

So they ought to stay where they are during launch and landing, but once they are in orbit they can start moving about. Give it a go, and let me know if it is acceptable for you.

A "Return to assigned seats" button whereby players could return their Kerbals to their assigned seats could help RPM users enjoy the mod.

-Duxwing

That's a good idea! It could also help if you have a mothership-type design where you need everyone back in the landers before aerobraking.

• 2 weeks later...
I like it, but I'm wondering if the Kerbal I'm controlling in IVA will swap to another seat, causing my view to change. That's the make-or-break deal for me.

That is an interesting thought. Perhaps in the next release I will ensure that it does not move anyone around while you are in IVA.

• 1 month later...

Note for KSP 23.5

Just a heads up.... not sure if it's been mentioned and I missed it...

Connected Living Space v1.0.3.0 and Kerbal Hot Seat v1.0.0.0 do not get along and will cause an immediate CTD (Crash to Desktop) when the user goes to any craft if both are installed...

CLS v1.0.0.0 and KHS v1.0.0.0 are compatible. KHS v1.0.0.0 includes CLS v1.0.0.0 in its zip file. I know that the two will not cause an immediate CTD, but did not test long enough to determine stability past 1 minute or so.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the whole it not working thing recently. The problems were all caused by dependencies with CLS. Now CLS has support for loose binding, Kerbal Hot Seat has been rebuilt against this an everything now works. Yay! In the future you should be able to update CLS without it causing a problem for KHS.

The new release v1.0.2.0 can be downloaded from the link on the front page.

Sorry about the whole it not working thing recently. The problems were all caused by dependencies with CLS. Now CLS has support for loose binding, Kerbal Hot Seat has been rebuilt against this an everything now works. Yay! In the future you should be able to update CLS without it causing a problem for KHS.

The new release v1.0.2.0 can be downloaded from the link on the front page.

Codepoet - thank you for 1) producing the code and 2) maintaining it. You rule.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.