[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Really? I did that on my Windows 8 computer (my Mac died a few years ago in highly odd circumstances (I only got it b/c of college program thing))...

Odd. I wonder row it worked with windows.

Am I breaking any rules if I courteously ask ABZB for his recompiled dll? I been trying to follow his guide but alas I'm sadly not doing something right. If it is in fact not allowed then please disregard and I'll keep trying. Thank you guys for the hard work you make this game better for all of us.

I checked the Github - Procedural Parts is under Creative Commons 3.0 - so redistribution is permissible providing chain of original author credit and license scheme is mantained. I will just confirm that it is not spamming errors, and I will post it. I may be a few hours, have a sibling to happy birthday at :)

Wohoo huge success, thank you ABZB!!

Here is the band-aid compiled file for 0.24 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3750749/ProceduralParts.dll

Link to the github page: https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts

All credit goes to Swamp-Ig and NathanKell and special thanks to ABZB!

(will remove if asked to for whatever reason)

[This is the 64 bit version, let me know if someone needs the 32 bit one]

Edited by odricar

Wohoo huge success, thank you ABZB!!

Here is the band-aid compiled file for 0.24 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3750749/ProceduralParts.dll

Link to the github page: https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts

All credit goes to Swamp-Ig and NathanKell and special thanks to ABZB!

(will remove if asked to for whatever reason)

Nice! just let everyone know if you compiled that for 32-bit or 64-bit.

EDIT: I can confirm that my 64-bit compile is working for me with no error-messages in the log.

My 32- and 64- bit compiles are in this zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9ubfe6r1k6ah61/proceduralparts_.24_band-aid.zip

Edited by ABZB

I can see there's great demand! I've just got internet back after moving house, and I now have my first set of exams in three weeks time.

Can't really do anything until after that, but I will endeavour to spend some time coding and fixing bugs after that.

Welcome back to the Internet. And yes swamp_ig, there is a great demand for this mod. Good luck with your exams. We'll be here when you get back.

I can see there's great demand! I've just got internet back after moving house, and I now have my first set of exams in three weeks time.

Can't really do anything until after that, but I will endeavour to spend some time coding and fixing bugs after that.

Good Luck and Good Skill [a teacher of mine, who I highly respect, in high school was very fond of that formulation - after all luck favors the prepared! (especially if there is a chance of unforeseen microtemporal-hyperexothermic-discombobulation)]

Note that the version of KSPAPIExtensions that ships with--unless you compiled from source of KAE within the last few hours--has some serious bugs. The *latest* version has been working better, so there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

A note: I will not be supporting any unofficial recompiled builds, because--unless somehow my recompiling is different from yours--it is still throwing errors.

I copied my 0.23.5 Procedural Parts (i.e. version 0.9.14) folder across to my 0.24 install. I deleted the old KSPAPIExtensions contained in the Plugins folder. I already have KSPAPIExtensions.dll downloaded on 21st July from another mod so I don't need it here. I replaced the ProceduralParts.dll with the newly compiled version in this post. It works and so far (with only minimal testing) I am not seeing any runtime errors in the debug log. If it starts throwing exceptions or anything I will post again. Fingers-crossed.

It was my understanding that you want to keep the KSPAPIExtensions DLL with each mod it comes with.

I have no understanding of it. I have two other mods which use KSPAPIExtensions and while trying to sort out an unrelated problem I happened to notice the following in my debug log...

[LOG 13:55:00.388] [PartMessageService] version 1.6.0.0 at /home/kaa253/KSP_linux/GameData/ModularFuelTanks/Plugin/KSPAPIExtensions.dll won the election against Version: 1.6.0.0 Location: /home/kaa253/KSP_linux/GameData/ProceduralFairings/KSPAPIExtensions.dll

I just assumed (rightly or wrongly) that this indicates only the copy with the highest version number is actually getting loaded. As Procedural Parts would have been installing a third copy of the exact same version I decided it might be fine to just leave it out. So far it does seem to be fine.

Updated build for 1.6.1

I really appreciate the work you've done patching procedural parts, but the latest band-aid you posted breaks procedural fairings. I suspect its an issue with the implementation of KSPAPIExtensions as both mods utilize that dll.

0.24.1 has fixed a good number of issues and as such, with the latest KAE, it seems time for an official in-development release. I have therefore posted 0.9.15. Note that it is marked as pre-release for good reason, but seems to work fairly well. ABZB et al: thanks for valuable testing feedback in the meanwhile!

I don't know much about modding, so forgive me if this a stupid question, but I saw that .24.1 adds a variable(?) that allows to assign a cost to an item. Would this functionality work procedurally, meaning that cost could increase as the part is stretched? I am only asking because I installed 0.9.15 and saw that the standard price for all parts was 4000$

I think so, 0.24.1 allows part cost to be changed by mods so if PP supports that then yes the tanks should get more expensive the bigger they are.

EDIT: It seems it isn't updated to use those features just yet.

Edited by AndreyATGB

Hi.

I love your mod. Are you planning to add, procedural radial decouplers?

Not for a fair while, if at all. Requires a fair bit of coding to get non circular shapes in. Try TweakScale maybe?

Personally, I feel like the stock game covers radial decouplers pretty well. If you need more force, just add seperatrons. That's what they were made for after all.

... I saw that .24.1 adds a variable(?) that allows to assign a cost to an item. Would this functionality work procedurally, meaning that cost could increase as the part is stretched? ...

This sort of mod is precisely why that new partCost coding came in. When the all mighty NK has time free from his life and other mods, he plan's on adding cost scaling functionality amongst other things for a more final 0.24(.1) release of PP.