What are you doing in KSP right now?

Clockwork13

I'm doing the 3rd incarnation of the Kethane Travelling Circus. At present, there's a station and colony at Duna both running on kethane, I've set up a kethane operation between Vall and Laythe, and the 1st science and station-building expedition to Laythe is almost there. Meanwhile, kethane and/or SCANsat probes have been to every planet and moon beyond Kerbin.

Finalized design for my Tylo rescue rover, after many iterations it was pared down from this 80ton monstrosity, with barely enough dV. I didn't like the tanksteer either, it was really hard to turn. But it did survive a test launch to orbit

QMGTHb8.png

To this lean and mean machine, at 29 tons in descent mode, and oodles of dV. Pretty much the same number of parts at 112. It'll have even more descent margin when I start the deorbit burn with my transfer stage.

jcrO6Ay.png

Rover test: It's pretty much untippable, at least on level ground. And it won't endo when I slam on the brakes.

k9oMFjf.png

Ascent module:

A5TKD4W.png

Easily capable of Kerbin orbit, if I launch the whole rover from the ground:

rns9Zg3.png

I don't think Jeb realizes that there's no parachute on this contraption he's testing...

It just needs some minor details, like small solar panels for the ascent. The rover itself is RTG powered

Smaller FTW!

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Finalized design for my Tylo rescue rover, after many iterations it was pared down from this 80ton monstrosity, with barely enough dV. I didn't like the tanksteer either, it was really hard to turn. But it did survive a test launch to orbit

http://i.imgur.com/QMGTHb8.png

To this lean and mean machine, at 29 tons in descent mode, and oodles of dV. Pretty much the same number of parts at 112. It'll have even more descent margin when I start the deorbit burn with my transfer stage.

http://i.imgur.com/jcrO6Ay.png

Rover test: It's pretty much untippable, at least on level ground. And it won't endo when I slam on the brakes.

http://i.imgur.com/k9oMFjf.png

Ascent module:

http://i.imgur.com/A5TKD4W.png

Easily capable of Kerbin orbit, if I launch the whole rover from the ground:

http://i.imgur.com/rns9Zg3.png

I don't think Jeb realizes that there's no parachute on this contraption he's testing...

It just needs some minor details, like small solar panels for the ascent. The rover itself is RTG powered

Smaller FTW!

Wow, that looks awesome!

Finally got my Minmus colony up and running! I've modded Extraplanetary Launch pads so that science labs generate rocket parts and construction facilities accumulate parts until it can build the vessel. This since I don't currently use any resource mods.

I'm going to be building a fleet of ships and colonize Jool; to start off about 10-20 Kerbals in each SOI.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/bsXcH/embed"></iframe>

Well today i am typing this in a testing room inside my school so i am being an extra bad person i believe that the test that i am taking will be very difficult, but hopefully when i get home i can get to duna! I have never had much success in getting interplanetary! Hope your missions go well!

The versatility of my heavy kethane mining ship reminded me of a certain Heinlein quote ("...Specialization is for insects.") I'm now planning a ship that combines the functionality of a transfer stage, a fuel tanker, a kethane probe, a kethane miner, and a kethane refinery. The current design can already refuel itself in every planetary system except Moho (and possibly even there), and also carry up full kethane tanks from Minmus, Gilly, Pol, and Bop.

pol_landing.jpg

I dusted of Pixelstache's Duna Relay Station to give him full credit while I use it on my stream as a Modular Base around Jool.

Unfortunately he is not doing any Youtube-Videos at all since a couple of Months. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4EZ_gxnfWo&list=UU1B34nTc0Ctr3ZNG1mzeW5w&feature=share&index=3

But I ran into some Kerbal Engineer Bugs which froze the game when I was about to leave for Jool.

I think I fixed it off camera and I will continue soon. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/malfunctionm1ke/b/510104609

I'm building an SST-anywhere complete with a shuttle in it's cargo bay that is also an SSTO and a mining rover that i'm debating putting rockets on so it can land itself on bodies without atmospheres.

Basically an ssto to be filled with sstos. Then I'm going to grand tour :D....except maybe not eve...

Well today i am typing this in a testing room inside my school so i am being an extra bad person i believe that the test that i am taking will be very difficult, but hopefully when i get home i can get to duna! I have never had much success in getting interplanetary! Hope your missions go well!

Get in orbit with duna or land on it? Or simply crashing on it? I prefer crashing on it because the explosions are fun, but if you want your Kerbals to survive doom, then bring a lot of parachutes.

Currently working on building a communications satellite grid around Kerbin with the RT2 plugin in Real Solar System. Also working on rebuilding a working SSTO space plane fleet that works in the RSS sized Kerbin also.

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent the last several days trying to build a huge interplanetary mothership, but my obsession with "not having too much extraneous crap" and KSP's floppy joints are hampering my efforts. OTHER THAN KJR and [insert interplanetary mothership mod here], any suggestions? I'm stuck trying to think of ways to make it grander without just spamming fuel tanks.

No playing for the next few days, but I recently discovered Infernal robotics and now sketched out a design akin to the Mars Excursion Module, only even bigger and more insane. I was planning on two inflatable habitats (these) to be folded out using hinges and pistons, as well as a garage for a large-ish rover. The hardest part will probably be getting its outer shape to be aesthetically pleasing. Does anyone know if, and how, procedural fairings could be attached with 8x symmetry instead of the regular 2/4?

Edited by Ravenchant

Right now I am working on perfecting my own "hardcore" game:

Send probes before manned pods

Always map the entire planet or moon (Scansat)

Never lose contact (Remote Tech)

Don't kill any Kerbals

Return every Kerbal to Kerbin

Only build a base where a Kerbal has landed

Mods I use to make this cool:

Deadly reentry

TAC life support

SCANsat

Remote Tech

(and a lot of other mods, but those don't really affect my goals directly)

Edited by Galileo Kerbonaut

Rolling my head left to right, thinking hard if I should still go through with building my space station to dock my Duna Explorer at a safe haven after its return (whenever that will happen).

As .23.5 will be sandbox for me - only in .24 will I start a new career, which is not to far behind, Squad said - I am somewhat lazy to go through with its construction, given the predictably limited remaining lifetime of my current career save.

I am also wondering why the simplest of all rockets explodes in midair while still under Mach 3 / 10km ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.