Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

No, it's basically just that the Wings are splitted up into inner surface, outer surface, inner surface rudders and iuter surface rudders. OMS engines are also split up in the engine itself and the hull around it. And probably there is some more splitting going on. But I'm sure Dragon will include a .craft file when it gets released. :)

Ok...based on the pics i have seen so far...it appears to be fairly straightforward

I think there will be some of DECQ nice revorked version before 1.0

Btw @Sampa I was asked by Dragoon to split the wings in two some time ago too. Mainly for FAR compatibility and Dragon is thinkimg about separate ailerons on the wings.

Since the whole Space Shuttle portion of the STS (which is actually not only the Space Shuttle), could this be expanded to the entire Space Transportation System. Making the space tug and the nuclear shuttles to complete the system would be great. Here's a video by Chris P. Bacon showing two nuclear shuttles doing a mission to Mars, which was in KSP, which means that you wouldn't have to make the MEM since he already made it:

It is official, Kerbal Space Program 1.0 will be released on April 27th! The time has come for the Component Space Shuttle to come out of the VAB for testing, at least, a few weeks after the release of 1.0 so testing can be conducted. I am really looking forward to this upcoming release and know I have complete confidence in you guys, especially dragoon who has worked so hard on this.

Touch the Sky

Whats the status update on this? I am not asking for this to be released ASAP. I was just wondering what the new update did to this and how much of a delay there might be. From my time spent on these forums the last few days it seems that 1.0 was more of a game changer than many mod makers expected. It seems that alot of recompiling and work will need to be done to get things to work again. Just wanted to know where you guys were. Again no rush. You guys have come this far.

It will probably take some time, there are many, almost all values in the cfg which needs to be replaced or adaptrd, starting off with lift, drag, mass, max Temperature, thrust, heat production...and of course the nodes, which now must be pointing in exactly the right direction for attach. But I'm sure Dragon is or will start working on it soon to update it. :)

It will probably take some time, there are many, almost all values in the cfg which needs to be replaced or adaptrd, starting off with lift, drag, mass, max Temperature, thrust, heat production...and of course the nodes, which now must be pointing in exactly the right direction for attach. But I'm sure Dragon is or will start working on it soon to update it. :)

Great to hear!

Hello all!

There are a lot of things that are going to have to be fixed with the new version of CSS. I've been playing around for a bit with 1.0 and there are quite a bit of changes, great changes no doubt, that will affect the aerodynamics of the CSS and other parts associated with it! Looking forward to the release nonetheless!

Here is a link to me blowing up my first rocket launch attempt, lol.

https://youtu.be/sLQORbHthbs

Touch the Sky

So glad to see this is in the process of being updated for 1.0, one of the best mods out. HUGE part of my ksp experience. Looking forward to it!

Please keep us updated on its progress:D

I know that it hasn't yet been updated for 1.0 yet, but I was wondering if there is an ETA on the RO version? Thanks, and I have loved this mod so far, can't wait to start using it again, keep up the great work!