Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

DECQ,

Thanks for the update, the model looks amazing. I cant wait to play it.

For those still having problems getting the cargo bay doors, landing gear, etc to work, try installing Firespitter from CKAN.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager

Thanks man! Solved. Awesome shuttle, by the way.

Hey, DECQ, I am just wondering...What exactly was changed with the hatch on the astroorientation? I'm a little confused by the picture as to what exactly changed!

Here it is, maybe I'm wrong to call it but in my country it sounds that way. :-)

8193627_m.png

Ok, I see! Thanks! I was just a little confused! thank you for clearing that up! Looks great! Can't wait for the next release of this product!

Thank you my friend, and I forgot to mention that sent the other textures to the tail (Columbia and Challenger) , but I do not know, set up Dragon them or not.

Ok...Hopefully he has (The Challenger and Columbia tails were really my only REAL complaint I had aesthetically about the original CSS! The other Payload bay eva hatch...I can deal with for the moment)

Guys, I'm sorry but I must leave you for a while. As soon as I return, I will continue to work with Dragon to improve the project !!!.

That's sad DECQ, but luckily, Dragon is absolutely happy with everything now! He is is going to get his final touches on the FAR-Config and the FX overhaul. :)

Thanks for your help! :]

So @EVERYBODY: DECQ's leave will not cause the update to be delayed, Dragon is happy with everything and finishes the configs and FX soon. :)

Guys, I'm sorry but I must leave you for a while. As soon as I return, I will continue to work with Dragon to improve the project !!!.

Sorry to hear that! Take your time and get your life together!

That's sad DECQ, but luckily, Dragon is absolutely happy with everything now! He is is going to get his final touches on the FAR-Config and the FX overhaul. :)

Thanks for your help! :]

So @EVERYBODY: DECQ's leave will not cause the update to be delayed, Dragon is happy with everything and finishes the configs and FX soon. :)

That is AWESOME news! I just started another RSS/RO KSP load, just putting shuttle on hold until the next version is ready! :)

Is there a timeline on the update?

I could be wrong but I wouldn't anticipate a release until 1.0. Mainly because of the new aerodynamics. Whats the point in putting in all the work and boom the new aerodynamics could mess up all that work. So be patient, from what I have seen this mod is almost ready to go, and once the 1.0 update drops, it might be one of the mods ready to go and be updated soon after the release.

yeah, I have decided...after the recent kraken attack on my computer system and subsequent mod list rebuild, to wait until 1.0 before reinstalling the CSS and also try again at using OBS so I can try (keyword: TRY) to make some videos featuring this great mod and other stuff.

OT: Woot! 1300th post!

Edited by Sampa

It would be great if you could make some of the add-ons for the Shuttle like the Extended Duration Orbiter pallet, Spacelab/Spacehab (I know the aren't technically related, but they look similar, so you wouldn't have to make two different 3D models), make it to where the different tanks weigh different, and maybe the Centaur-G (the IUS is already in the US Probes pack).

Hello

I am still alive, just free time is equal 0 :(

But I have some family pic for you :) ( Got some new textures, render in Maya ) ( Was a bit lazy with UV mapping so the RCS holes are a bit badly textured as you can see )

tX0liJG.jpg

Edited by Jovzin

Yeah looks like I will have a small vacation next week. So will try and acquire some free time for me to finsh the model as far as I can and send it to Kartofelkuchen. He will finish it in Unity.

Hello

I am still alive, just free time is equal 0 :(

But I have some family pic for you :) ( Got some new textures, render in Maya ) ( Was a bit lazy with UV mapping so the RCS holes are a bit badly textured as you can see )

http://i.imgur.com/tX0liJG.jpg

Those look great! BTW, just a personal nit-pick (nothing serious), but Columbia is missing its SILTS pod on its tail...

In how far tvlover911? :) The *old, revised* shuttle is flying now really good, in FAR and Stock Aero as far as I've heard from Dragon01, since DECQ splitted the shuttle in a few more parts, which allows a better weight distribution, resulting in a much better flyable Shuttle. :)

No, it's basically just that the Wings are splitted up into inner surface, outer surface, inner surface rudders and iuter surface rudders. OMS engines are also split up in the engine itself and the hull around it. And probably there is some more splitting going on. But I'm sure Dragon will include a .craft file when it gets released. :)