Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Hey all,

I was just playing around with your shuttle, doing OMS assisted runway takeoffs and all ;p

I discovered these things which may be of interest for the developers, regarding mod compatibility.

I have FAR installed and found that your wings and tail planes don't generate any lift, and for the tail and control surfaces, no drag. I managed to make a controllable version by hiding some stock wing panels inside the cosmetic CSS wings. however it would be much easier to have the wings working as should. landing without a functional air-brake is virtually impossible.

With deadly re-entry installed the engine mount part blows up due to heat accumulation. gives some good fireworks though!

hope you find the info useful.

Cheers!

Rico

The shuttle is not FAR compatible (this topic has been discussed at length through out this thread). As far as deadly reentry, I am going to assume the same thing.

I understand that this is a bit off topic, but I made the shuttle flyable with FAR with just a simple CFG file edit:

Edit The nose RCS module to contain an empty RCS tank. for aerodynamic flight, I transfer some mono-propellent forward to have a better CG. Best flight can be achieved with an empty rear tank and 260 in the forward.

Cheers!

Rico

Hey all,

I was just playing around with your shuttle, doing OMS assisted runway takeoffs and all ;p

I discovered these things which may be of interest for the developers, regarding mod compatibility.

I have FAR installed and found that your wings and tail planes don't generate any lift, and for the tail and control surfaces, no drag. I managed to make a controllable version by hiding some stock wing panels inside the cosmetic CSS wings. however it would be much easier to have the wings working as should. landing without a functional air-brake is virtually impossible.

With deadly re-entry installed the engine mount part blows up due to heat accumulation. gives some good fireworks though!

hope you find the info useful.

Cheers!

Rico

Speaking about the developer's mod he's umm.... banned... (NO QUESTIONS ASKED!):wink:

Yes but it is (hopefully) still being developed and will be released on a different site

from the information I have gleaned, this mod is still very much alive but is in temporary stasis until the new site has been found. Development appears to be ongoing.

Looks like Dragon is no longer banned. Though I have not heard if he will be returning to the forum, it's nice to see the ban removed.

Cool! If not, I hope he will at least designate someone to keep us up to date on the progress of this! and maintain this page (or create another OP for the CSS for maintainance purposes!)

If the dragon returns to the forum is great news !!!. Guys, if anyone is interested can download here this Crewsection. Glass has the effect of Specular, Just added light .This is not officially revision I did for myself, but still it is better than what is now available.

7891533_m.png

7891538_m.png

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ijlmcaqq11rd06q/AACXIMr7YaF4XPvduuu13GNya?dl=0

Why did he get banned?

We're not allowed to know that. So better don't ask. It seemes like his ban is now reversed, but as far as I know he won't return for the first time, but he will still support this (and the other mods he took care of), and upload Updates to a Website he's currently working on.

Anyway, looks good DECQ, but Jozvin is currently working on remaking the shuttle model. ;)

Kartoffelkuchen What's wrong with this shuttle? I myself can redraw the shuttle if desired. Such as solar panels, it is so easy, but I do not see the point in processing model, but because of the small nuances absent in this model... :-\

7896798_m.png