Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Thank you Kartoffelkuchen! But you´re right, it doesn´t work completly accurate with the 0.90 :(

So you can´t open the door of the payload bay and the landing gear isn´t working as well

I hope somebody can fix that.:rolleyes:

Download the updated firespitter.dll and try again

Is there a version of firespitter.dll for 0.90 already? I´ve only found downloads for a version for ksp 0.25

can you give me a link?

Did you get this one it's the one Snjo posted in his forums https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/blob/master/For%20release/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll?raw=true

Edited by Mecripp2

I am not entirely sure where I found the updated firespitter.dll, can't remember really. I'm guessing it was eithere here, the B9 page or on the firespitter page. Took me a while to find it.

As for the .dll itself and the CSS mod, it works perfectly fine. The landing gear opens and closes, the cargobay opens and closes. I have no problems running CSS in .90

does this or is it planned to work with KSP .9 or better?

If you have the updated firespitter.dll it works with 0.90. You'll need a fix for the CSS if you wish to use it with FAR.

As for the new version of the shuttle, there has not been very much news as of late. Dragon01 should be working on the new one, and we will know more soon enough.

Edited by liquidhype

The CSS parts are only in the sandbox, not in the career. That's normal?

It depends, have you unlocked everything in career mode? By that I mean have you unlocked every tech node in the R&D center? If you install a parts mod after unlocking tech nodes, you'll have to go back in to R&D and manually unlock the new parts in the tech tree.

Yes I do. And there is only the main angine wich is unlock when the entire tech tree is unlock... :/

If you are using the mod in .90 I would guess that it is not properly integrated with this version of the game. CSS v.6.0.3 is getting a bit out of date now, so if you wish to use this mod with .90 I would suggest you play in sandbox. However, there are ways to configure the mod to be properly unlockable in career mode. That being said, it does require some knowledge in how to edit config files.

When flying in the atmosphere it will flip around and point retrograde and if i try to flip it back again it will just begin to spin out of control.

That is because the CSS is not compatible with FAR or NEAR yet. I have not tested the shuttle in stock atmosphere (I can't stand stock atmo). I did make a fix for myself which makes the shuttle fly perfectly fine in both FAR and NEAR in stock size, 6.4x RSS and regular RSS.

That is because the CSS is not compatible with FAR or NEAR yet. I have not tested the shuttle in stock atmosphere (I can't stand stock atmo). I did make a fix for myself which makes the shuttle fly perfectly fine in both FAR and NEAR in stock size, 6.4x RSS and regular RSS.

Would you mind sharing? I've been tweaking files for a month now with no luck. . . other then keeping the stuff in the cargo bay from burning.

Dragon news

"Sorry for the delay, but I came down with a fever, so the whole deal with the website is delayed (just about a week, I hope). I still need to test the mods to be released on 0.90, and for that, I need to feel better. That said, once that happens, the 0.90 releases hopefully won't be far behind."

Dragon news

"Sorry for the delay, but I came down with a fever, so the whole deal with the website is delayed (just about a week, I hope). I still need to test the mods to be released on 0.90, and for that, I need to feel better. That said, once that happens, the 0.90 releases hopefully won't be far behind."

That is fantastic news! Thanks for keeping us updated BobCat!

He got sick and has to delay everything, and that's fantastic news? O_o

Of course not!

It is fantastic news that Dragon01 is still doing his thing with the mod, alot of people have been worried due to the fact that we haven't been updated much recently. So it is nice to hear that things are still in progress.

I agree with liquidhype. Please allow us to have updates on the progress as soon as capable! We all eagerly await the future. On a side note, I sent raidernick a pm requesting that he at least consider working on some shuttle payloads so that Dragon01 can focus on the issues with the Orbiter itself. I will post the answer as soon as I get it.

Meh, so he's the antichrist, as long as the mod's keep coming as the world ends, ain't got no problem here :)

Um, guys did anyone notice that dragon has exactly 3,"666" posts? :huh: