Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Say, and could we get different tail configs/textures as well in the future (s.a. Columbia tail with the pod), please?

http://www.weathertrends360.com/Blog/Uploads/2011/02/Columbia11.png

I agree with the tail and I mentioned it earlier. However I think the tail covering would be a waste of space. I mean unless there is a 747 mod that can carry the css coming out that I don't know about the pod on the back just seems like a waste. It was never launched with that covering.

I agree with the tail and I mentioned it earlier. However I think the tail covering would be a waste of space. I mean unless there is a 747 mod that can carry the css coming out that I don't know about the pod on the back just seems like a waste. It was never launched with that covering.

I was talking about the small SILTS pod that is on the tip of the vertical stabilizer, not functional, but a very good aesthetic, but has the possibility of science if use in the final version? if not a new texture, just an added part that could be called Columbia tail.

and that Tail pod you were refering to was just a tail cone, and it was used on only one orbiter but only for early approach and landing tests as a functional piece, OV-101 Enterprise. After that, the tail cone was only used on shuttles when they were transported to KSC from either White Sands, New Mexico or Edwards Air Force Base in California.

Edited by Sampa

I was talking about the small SILTS pod that is on the tip of the vertical stabilizer, not functional, but a very good aesthetic, but has the possibility of science if use in the final version? if not a new texture, just an added part that could be called Columbia tail.

and that Tail pod you were refering to was just a tail cone, and it was used on only one orbiter but only for early approach and landing tests as a functional piece, OV-101 Enterprise. After that, the tail cone was only used on shuttles when they were transported to KSC from either White Sands, New Mexico or Edwards Air Force Base in California.

I know, thats why I was confused when i thought you were asking for it.

Oh, and Dragon, in the future, I will be providing your CSS as a mainstay part of an upcoming series of mine portraying ALL of NASA's space shuttle flights as accurately as possible. It will be up on youtube as soon as I find a recorder, mic, and time.

Hey guys... bad news (on my end at least)

Friday night I started to tool around with building the ISS and had an issue where the game would lag extremely bad, but only when I would de-magnetize the Canada Arm from the shuttle. I've only got Zarya in the air and this was Unity Node (1 or 2, not sure, but stage two for the ISS) and I was able to successfully get it to dock. I'm not sure if the issue is with the ISS or the CSS, but it happens as soon as I de-magnetize the Canada Arm. The ISS PMA adapter is shown attached to Zarya, but Unity Node disappears, and the shuttle disappears.

I'll post this in the ISS thread to see if that's where the issue is, but I was curious as it begins from the arm.

Thanks.

Friday night I started to tool around with building the ISS and had an issue where the game would lag extremely bad, but only when I would de-magnetize the Canada Arm from the shuttle. I've only got Zarya in the air and this was Unity Node (1 or 2, not sure, but stage two for the ISS) and I was able to successfully get it to dock. I'm not sure if the issue is with the ISS or the CSS, but it happens as soon as I de-magnetize the Canada Arm. The ISS PMA adapter is shown attached to Zarya, but Unity Node disappears, and the shuttle disappears.

I'll post this in the ISS thread to see if that's where the issue is, but I was curious as it begins from the arm.

Thanks.

Posting your log would be helpful. Also I'm not sure if it's still true but Dragon mentioned a while ago that the Zarya panels were bugged and to use the mir core panels instead. Correct me if I'm wrong dragon. So maybe it's the Zarya panels.

Posting your log would be helpful. Also I'm not sure if it's still true but Dragon mentioned a while ago that the Zarya panels were bugged and to use the mir core panels instead. Correct me if I'm wrong dragon. So maybe it's the Zarya panels.

The ISS Zarya ones work fine for me...

Thanks.

I was able to build the entire ISS with no issues and I am using the current versions for both CSS and ISS. Sounds like something is wrong on your end.

any idea as to where I can find the log's directory (I've owned KSP for only a week now).

The ISS Zarya ones work fine for me...

The Zarya panels share the same part name with the solar panels they're made from in Near-Future Solar. If you have both mods and don't change the part name for one of them, the Zarya panels do not work.

Oh, and Dragon, in the future, I will be providing your CSS as a mainstay part of an upcoming series of mine portraying ALL of NASA's space shuttle flights as accurately as possible. It will be up on youtube as soon as I find a recorder, mic, and time.

That's gonna be one heck of a series. What is your youtube channel called? I would really be interested in seeing this. Good luck with it.

If you have memory problems, then yes, it will. You might be unable to make a drag parachute because it would require RealChutes. But other than that, it wouldn't help with any bugs in the Shuttle itself.

Hello guys.

Sorry for no updates for quite some time.

Just the whole December I am really really busy at work. You know eveyrobody wants to finish the project or request before 20th of December as this date the change freeze starts.

So this week is the last week when I am busy like crazy man.

Starting from this Saturday my free time will return and I will start working on the CSS again. I will try to release it before Xmas or before new year.

Thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day

That's gonna be one heck of a series. What is your youtube channel called? I would really be interested in seeing this. Good luck with it.

Just created one just now. My channel name is Sampa. There is nothing on there yet, but when I have time and the abilities, that will change.

Edited by Sampa

I don't think much changed in terms of code as all my mods still work.
Mods that use FireSpitter have problems if you don't update DLL. And I'm not sure, but Engine Thrust Controller also has problems. It works, but it seems not to follow the config data.