Sad trombone for the Sad Whackputer.

Whackjob

First of I have never seen : Lutefisk with abacus in other cpu charts :)

As other say for KPS the important thing is single core performance don't think an 6 core i7 does better an an 4 core.

And I who was sure Whackjob and an pc in style with his creations.

Something overpowered with an huge noisy cooler.

A PC in line with his creations would ignite the atmosphere in an attempt to cool then cover his apartment with flaming shrapnel.

But yes, KSP doesnt multi-thread especially efficiently. Very few games do to be honest. The physics passes are a lot of the weight on your processors and are all in a single thread. I usually restrict KSP to a pair of cores trough the task manager and then bump it up to real-time priority. Push any background tasks/services off these 2 cores and you can often squeeze a bit more FPS out of your rig.

It may look low but these benchmarks are misleading for KSP, IMO. Single core performance is the key here.

Maybe someone could put together a specific KSP benchmark for us ;)

Someone's been way ahead of you ;)

In fact, Whackjob can easily compare his machine (and his abacus-wielding lutefisk pet) to the existing results by downloading and running the CPU torture rocket. (It can't be worse than what he usually launches anyway.)

Whackjob, I think you need to build a computer fit for whackjobian-sized ships. I can't imagine what torture you have forced your computer to endure! :D

NONONONONO!!! Dont encourage him to build a Computer... you know what he comes up with when he is building rockets!

It will be something like this! :D

Supercomputer_01.JPG

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.