[T.V Series] Star Wars the Clone Wars

WhiteWeasel

250px-The_Clone_Wars_film_poster.jpg

It seems like a lot of people hate episodes I-III of star wars? I'm not entirely sure why, but what about the series on cartoon network/Netflix? I have not seen the whole of the movie clone wars but from what I've seen, I like that Anakin isn't a wuss, and the show being animated In pure CGI lends better to spacebattles and combat because you don't have to deal with RL/CGI blending. Which If I'm not mistaken, was one of the major complaints of the first three movies(chronologically). I also like how because it is a television series, can focus on some of the more minor characters and expand the universe like the clones, jedi, CP30 & R2-D2, even some villains. I'm guessing though some people will be angry at some of the interpretations of characters and how they are not perfect clones of their movie counterparts.

I really liked seasons 1 and 2. If you can get around the fact that it's more geared for kids than adults (and are an adult yourself, I guess) there are a lot of fantastic moments, stories, and character interplays to watch for. Anakin seems about 10x more like a real person in this cartoon than when a real person was portraying him in the movie.

Season 3 in my opinion took a nosedive and I don't even know if I made it all the way through. I think I did but then never bothered to pick up Season 4 when it started.

I really liked seasons 1 and 2. If you can get around the fact that it's more geared for kids than adults (and are an adult yourself, I guess) there are a lot of fantastic moments, stories, and character interplays to watch for. Anakin seems about 10x more like a real person in this cartoon than when a real person was portraying him in the movie.

Season 3 in my opinion took a nosedive and I don't even know if I made it all the way through. I think I did but then never bothered to pick up Season 4 when it started.

Season 4 is where things get crazy, the umbara arc gets real deep with the clones perspective of things. Eh, for the kids thing, I'm sure they had to cut a few thing in order to air on CN, but a certain character who will not be mentioned has been implied to killed children off screen to attract the attention of the jedi (season 4 finale) is certainly making use of that pg-13 rating. I even saw Obi-wan cut off an arm of one of the sith he was fighting.

But it's safe to say this Anakin is far better, though the movie one did set the bar pretty low. :rolleyes:

Edited by WhiteWeasel

The 6th season recently launched on netflix along with all the other seasons, because disney.

Although I like the series, it's a giant spin-off from the movies, but still I like it. Overall I think the series a too little thought through, places they coulda made so extremily epic, but didn't.

the last couple seasons were good, but they trashed the series in the middle, the start was mediocre though... episodes 1-2 weren't that great (1=geared for kids when its an adult show, 2=love story, no action) and people thought episode 3 would be bad aswell, but it was actually on par, except with better effects to 4-6...

disney closed clone wars because it got a bad reputation, so they are starting fresh, made by the exact same people with a show called star wars rebels, which is animated aswell... its probably going to be released ~2015..

hope they dont make the same fatal mistake as clonewars....

personally my star wars fan days are over, only saw a few snippets of clonewars a year ago, and only because somebody else was watching when I walked in the room...

As a life long fan of Star Wars...

I have grown up to having the franchise expanded onto many different mediums; And mostly with great excitement on my part. :)

As for the Original Trilogy (Most loved, by Adults.)

I will always love Episodes 4-5 the most; Especially Obi-wan, Han Solo, Leia + Darth Vader's characters. (Luke was a cry baby.)

But I have to admit, I absolutely loved the prequel movies, more than the original's. (I know, I am in the minority, in that regards.)

I appreciate that it was severely over-hyped, and especially lacking in (Return of the Sith.) But the other two where far better.

Help'ed with an excellent cast, doing a very admirable job, creating/re-creating key characters for the eventual event's leading too the original movies.

Again, my thanks goes to the actors/actress for Qui-Gon Jinn, Young Obi-Wan, Padme, Mace Windu + Yoda. And the epic Light Saber fights.

As to the matter at hand, regarding The Clone Wars:

I initially found it hard to watch, with different CGI + voice actors. Re-creating the main characters again; when compared to the Prequels movies. But over the 5 season's, I have grown to love it.

I make the decision, quite easily as I have gone to great length's, to watch/read/interact with many different forms of the Star Wars content, so have learn't it's impossible for character portrayals to be carried perfectly from one media/medium source to another.

For me + possibly, the best decision made, with the release of The Clone Wars, was the introduction of the Character Ashoka Tano. (I also accept, there is great controversy, regarding this. But where all entitled too our opinions.)

Kid's (That also include's us adults.) Get to experience the Clone Wars, through the eye's of a young influential Padawan, who is charming, witty, and at later stages of the show, seem's to teach Anakin, important lessons of life and been a Jedi. :)

I enjoyed the show so much, I look forward to watching Season 6, only after watching Season 1-5 again. (And I hope Ashoka's character get's to continue in some form in the future, and not exclusively in the Clone Wars.)

I am also thrilled to know, that Rebels is been made to tie in with the new movie's. (I am dubious, about making a TV series completely from new characters; But I'll watch it with an open mind.)

As for JJ Abram's at the helm of the new movies, I literally cannot wait, like a kid in a candy shop. My excitement is getting the better of me. :)

I strongly recommend members watch the Clone Wars, and if you can read many of the books, they really help to make the Star Wars universe great.

My favorite books by far, is the Darth Bain series or Darth Plagueis book.

- May the Force be with you.

It's a fantastic show. If you have problems with how fast Anakin turned to the dark side you should watch this. Watching this, it's obvious he wasn't just suddenly fooled by Palpatine, his distrust of the ones he was close to and want for power grew.

I stand corrected, there is a lot of child unfriendly content in this show. You just have to look for/think about it. (contains some spoilers, but the major ones are covered with white bars)

Sorry, when I said "Kids" I meant more tweens and so. I'm old enough that if you're not in college yet (and maybe even then) you're a kid. That said, 90% of what's on that page (No I didn't read all of it but I read enough) no kid would even notice. Lightsaber as Metaphor for *****? Yeah. Cover your toddler's eyes on that one.

One of the things I liked about the show was that yeah, people got shot. A lot. And died. Not sure my nephews (who love the show) get the full breadth of that one.

Anyone remember the original animated miniseries that was on before episode 3 came out?

Animation style was the same as Samurai Jack.

It was pretty great

I only saw a couple episodes and I hated them :)

Sorry, when I said "Kids" I meant more tweens and so. I'm old enough that if you're not in college yet (and maybe even then) you're a kid. That said, 90% of what's on that page (No I didn't read all of it but I read enough) no kid would even notice. Lightsaber as Metaphor for *****? Yeah. Cover your toddler's eyes on that one.

One of the things I liked about the show was that yeah, people got shot. A lot. And died. Not sure my nephews (who love the show) get the full breadth of that one.

It's kinda like adult humor, I watched shrek when I was little, and rewatched recently it in german for a class, and noticed a lot of jokes I didn't get as a kid. I guess it's a good thing, since you don't alienate as many age groups.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.