What mod do i want?

I have been playing without mods since career mode was released but now i think i want a mod that will tell me the dV of my ship when im building it. i dont want mechjeb because i would be tempted to use the auto pilot too often, i just want ship info while in the VAB and SPH, is there a mod for that?

You want Kerbal Engineer Redux. It has three parts - one that will tell you your delta-V in the VAB/SPH, one that will provide you will flight information, and one that will provide you with both. There's a second mod (I forget the name; I have it installed to boot) that will give you KER information without adding the parts.

You want Kerbal Engineer Redux. It has three parts - one that will tell you your delta-V in the VAB/SPH, one that will provide you will flight information, and one that will provide you with both. There's a second mod (I forget the name; I have it installed to boot) that will give you KER information without adding the parts.

if you could remember the name of the one without parts that would be great. i dont want to add any non stock parts right now

Mechjeb has a fun feature where you don't get the advanced modules until you unlocked further tree points. So you start with just the deltaV things, than you get translatron and stuf, and only at the end do you get the full autopilots

To make KER work without a part you can use a simple module manager config file. It is explained in the main KER thread here.

If you really don't want the three extra parts in the science parts tab then you should be able to just delete the three folders out of GameData\Engineer after installing it.

Edited by Padishar

I've recently started using MJ on a fresh career, I never use it for anything I couldn't do on my own though , and I insist on performing my own takeoffs and landings. I often simply use it to "execute node" rather than having it create the nodes for me :)

I have MJ too and never even used the autopilot - the DV info is cool and if you use a modulemanager config file you don't need to load any parts for it.

Its also handy to tweak manoeuvre nodes which is handy when you're going to another planet and a slight change to the manoeuvre node makes a big difference between making an intercept and being millions of km off!

Its also handy for hovering on the moon when you're moving parts around using the translatron - if the current ksp had fine controls for the thrust like it does for translating then I wouldn't need to use MJ for that but having to tap shift and ctrl trying to move around is way too sensitive for my liking.

Its also handy for hovering on the moon when you're moving parts around using the translatron - if the current ksp had fine controls for the thrust like it does for translating then I wouldn't need to use MJ for that but having to tap shift and ctrl trying to move around is way too sensitive for my liking.

Fine controls would be great! Currently i use the Vertical Velocity Controller for that kind of task. Works quite well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.