Joint Space Station Project (JSSP)

_jack

Hello! I have really wanted to do one of these so I am starting my own. JSSP will consist of however many modules we can put on without melting computers. Each module should be no more than 50 parts, but it can be for any purpose. Anyone can join and participate in the fun! Orbit will be at 120 Km. Best name someone can come up with will be the name for the station. Save file can be PMed from player from player.

NOTICE! PM me if you want to join. Although I'm warning you the line is getting long.

Current Station:

nSyi8cb.png

Launches:

1. _jack: Complete

2. Woopert: Complete

3. guz667: Complete

4. MK3424: Complete

5. WJDubs: Moved to after Emu

6. Hazard1556: Complete

7. Legendary Emu: Pending Launch

8. Tidus Klein (Dibs on Solar Array)

9. Coatimundi

10. Stinger771

11. Redrobin

12. Damaske

13. EVDE

Edited by _jack

I'd love to join! Not quite ready at this very moment, I have some irl things to attend in the immediate term this week, but give me a day or two and I can confirm 100%.

I'll gladly join, but take a look at this. We've started it about 3 weeks ago and it's open to everyone. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70446-The-Interkerbal-Space-Station!

I checked in on this the other day...looking great! :D SO much fun to see the community doing things together. Always wanted to be apart with some other peeps. :cool:

150 parts is a lot. If each module was 100 or so parts it would bring many computers to it's knees. I'd suggest 20-50 parts for each module.

I noticed that but didn't have time to fix it.

Woopert shure is a good guy, since we are waiting 'till kmp gets fixed (because of can't undock bug).

I want to participate with this challenge.

I have some experience (including IKSS participant) and have an ongoing MIR build.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I can use my mini space shuttle to put up some small 1.5m parts/girders.

Woopert shure is a good guy, since we are waiting 'till kmp gets fixed (because of can't undock bug).

I want to participate with this challenge.

I have some experience (including IKSS participant) and have an ongoing MIR build. http://imgur.com/a/o3nJK

I can use my mini space shuttle to put up some small 1.5m parts/girders.

Sure, that would be great.

Can we get a list of modules people are planning to put up thus far? Not sure what I want to do and I see a lot of things already being claimed...:P

I am thinking about making a docking section with a little fuel (Happens to make up the central structure). Should only be thirty parts. The questions I have would be: do you want a Sr. Docking port? and what orientation is preferred?

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by guz667

If i may, can i suggest to use minimal mods?

Because i wanna use these mods and why:

KAS - It will enable us to remove unnecessary RCS thrusters thus lowering part count.

6s - For placing the KAS containers somewhere and able to refuel/adding stock to the station.

TweakableEverything - enabling for more twakables.

Infernal robotics - for moving parts around the station if necessary.

If anyone else has a other mod suggestion.

let me know.

Also, i would add a solar truss section on the port/starbord side of the station using the hitchhicker hatch as the Zenith reference, leaving the Zenith/Nadir ports free for other parts.

Edited by MK3424

Ooh, can I launch an airlock also? I have an idea for one...

We are taking turns for adding parts to the station.

It's Woopert's turn now.

but, yeah haven't thought of that.

Edited by MK3424

Can we get a list of modules people are planning to put up thus far? Not sure what I want to do and I see a lot of things already being claimed...:P

I am thinking about making a docking section with a little fuel (Happens to make up the central structure). Should only be thirty parts. The questions I have would be: do you want a Sr. Docking port? and what orientation is preferred?

Decisions, decisions...

A Sr. Docking port would be great for expansion

If i may, can i suggest to use minimal mods?

Because i wanna use these mods and why:

KAS - It will enable us to remove unnecessary RCS thrusters thus lowering part count.

6s - For placing the KAS containers somewhere and able to refuel/adding stock to the station.

TweakableEverything - enabling for more twakables.

Infernal robotics - for moving parts around the station if necessary.

If anyone else has a other mod suggestion.

let me know.

Also, i would add a solar truss section on the port/starbord side of the station using the hitchhicker hatch as the Zenith reference, leaving the Zenith/Nadir ports free for other parts.

I really don't want this to be modded. That way people can use this without having to download mods.

Oh boy...ALL DONE!

That was really tough. I had a lot of technical difficulties, both with KSP and my own designs. I was going to record it, cut it up, make a fun presentation video of less than 3 minutes...just too many difficulties. Sorry everyone.

I hope it's on to everyone's liking...

One thing I will say, be careful with the station. When I arrived and was preparing my final docking sequences...a couple of the Kerbals had somehow decided of their own volition to go EVA and hang around the station...(unless someone else put them there?) I almost didn't know notice them...their fate may have been "interesting." :P

Here are some pics of the ordeal...

Getting up there...

screenshot67.png

Shedding the launch stage.

screenshot69.png

The push for orbit.

screenshot74.png

Mission accomplished. Time to go home!

screenshot77.png

Tense reentry...

screenshot79.png

All done! Now could someone come pick me up...?

screenshot82.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.