The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Hi!

I don't think I have to explain very much: the flag you choose now appear(V 0.23.5) on some parts: I have seen it on the command pod and on the claw(you can toggle it in the VAB).

I don't know if it is on other parts because I didn't searched a lot(I was busy trying to rendez-vous with one of these asteroid).

Thank you for reading this (very short) thread!

Edited by goldenpeach

Wait, what? Are Kerbals cross-feed capable and we've just yet to have a dockable part with them to prove it?

claw's can attach to anything other than a planet/moon/building.

Loving the improved performance.

I did some checking while constructing a new rocket( I have to grab a kerbal with the claw or Jeb won't be happy) and I found out that a lot of parts have a flag and that, from the few flag I have seen, you can toggle it for every parts that has a flag!

EDIT: Also, it seem that you can now quicksave at any moment in your flight(or crash); it might not be a good idea to load that quicksave but you were able to do that save.

Edited by goldenpeach

it's sad that i could tell there was a bump in performance when i noticed panning around on the lifeless space center screen didn't cause immense drag.
Oddly, this is somewhere I still have severe lag. With the default graphics settings, trying to move the camera on the space centre screen could completely lock up the whole desktop environment.
Wait, what? Are Kerbals cross-feed capable and we've just yet to have a dockable part with them to prove it?
"Cross-feed capable" only applies to automatic fuel flow. You can always transfer fuel manually about a ship - and a kerbal or an asteroid that's been clawed counts as part of the ship.

Something else I noticed when clicking through the tech tree: all the parts have an "Entry Price" (or something) listed, that's different to the regular part cost. I don't know if that was the case in .23, but it definitely points to a future system where you'll need money to research new technology, not just to put a part on a rocket.

You can transfer fuel between two tanks on the same vessel, regardless of how they're connected. Since the claw makes everything attached into one single vessel, then yeah.

i noticed neither an increase nor a decrease.. then again i dont have a 144 hz monitor so any fps above 60 goes unnoticed

Same here. I'm probably CPU-bound with the physics engine. I have a 3 year old i7, so it's not terrible, but it is behind the times now. GPU is only a few months old though.

I think they may need to tweak the asteroid rates... I've been playing for maybe 2 hours in this game and I've already got 3 in orbit, and I haven't even visited one yet.

Edit: Apparently a couple of them aren't really in orbit... they look like they are, but when you select them, they show that they will leave orbit. But one for sure is in orbit.

Edit 2: Now apparently that one has been flung out of orbit by the Mun. :)

Edited by RocketBlam

The NASA logo on the new parts feels a bit... judgemental...

I mean NASA is great and all, wonderful bunch of guys. But when I'm strapping one of these new boosters to a rocket powered Moon Buggy Racecar thing with a newly added claw grabber, and blowing things up carelessly and carefree... I can't help but notice that logo... and somehow deep inside I feel like I'm letting NASA down... I should be doing space science! Redirecting Asteroids! Saving the world! But no... I'm attaching a command seat to a booster and seeing how far Jebediah will fly...

Im sorry I have failed you! I don't need this kind of pressure!

I mean NASA is great and all, wonderful bunch of guys. But when I'm strapping one of these new boosters to a rocket powered Moon Buggy Racecar thing with a newly added claw grabber, and blowing things up carelessly and carefree... I can't help but notice that logo... and somehow deep inside I feel like I'm letting NASA down... I should be doing space science! Redirecting Asteroids! Saving the world! But no... I'm attaching a command seat to a booster and seeing how far Jebediah will fly...

Don't worry, NASA has blown up plenty of their own rockets. :)

Change your flag so it's not the NASA logo. Problem solved. Execute mayhem under the colors of any organization, nation, or company of your choice.

It now appears that you can turn on engines even if your batteries are completely dead. This is a welcome change. I have had to abandon many missions because my batteries were dead and there was no way to do anything.

Since most engines generate electricity, just turning on your engines for a few seconds can give you enough energy to deploy your solar panels.

It now appears that you can turn on engines even if your batteries are completely dead. This is a welcome change. I have had to abandon many missions because my batteries were dead and there was no way to do anything.

Since most engines generate electricity, just turning on your engines for a few seconds can give you enough energy to deploy your solar panels.

Something that always works for me ( i make that mistake a LOT) use your main battery and have a small backup battery. Disable the current flow in the backup battery. If your main runs out of power the ship will go dead... but you can still re-open the backup battery`s current flow, giving you a full, albeit small, battery to get things deployed/oriented.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.