The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

A few quick questions for those who've started to play or are knowledgeable about the subject:

1. Are the asteroids indestructible? If so, how do they react to high-speed collisions?

2. Are there any new branches to the tech tree, or are all the parts added to existing categories?

3. How many discovered asteroids can the game handle at once?

Although I do not know if it will install, i'm rather lousy at match, and in this patch add asteroid which can destroy kerbin and whole Karbalkind.

I have small question,

How much time do we have to Kerbal Armageddon:D Or rather how much we have time to avoid Armageddon.

Speaking about Armogedon, maybe i make first look video with Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing :D

Armageddon is my favorite disaster movie, but it is far from scientifically reliable.

My update install pack has just been downloaded:D

An update from HarvesteR about the R&D bug:

As many of you pointed out, there was a weird bug in the 0.23.5 build that caused the R&D facility to appear as closed if you loaded an existing save. We've already spotted what caused this issue and we're now testing a hotfix which should solve the problem.

The revised build should restore R&D functionality, but unfortunately, if you've experienced this issue with your save, your science progress will already be reset. If you have a recent quicksave, you should be able to revert to that after the patch without problems.

This issue managed to slip by undetected through testing, most likely because it requires an old save to be reproduced. New saves should not be affected by this issue at all.

We'll get the hotfix build out as soon as possible, hopefully in a few hours. In the meantime, avoid loading existing saves to bypass this problem. We'll let you know as soon as the hotfix is up.

Our most sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Cheers

An update from HarvesteR about the R&D bug:

As many of you pointed out, there was a weird bug in the 0.23.5 build that caused the R&D facility to appear as closed if you loaded an existing save. We've already spotted what caused this issue and we're now testing a hotfix which should solve the problem.

The revised build should restore R&D functionality, but unfortunately, if you've experienced this issue with your save, your science progress will already be reset. If you have a recent quicksave, you should be able to revert to that after the patch without problems.

This issue managed to slip by undetected through testing, most likely because it requires an old save to be reproduced. New saves should not be affected by this issue at all.

We'll get the hotfix build out as soon as possible, hopefully in a few hours. In the meantime, avoid loading existing saves to bypass this problem. We'll let you know as soon as the hotfix is up.

Our most sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Cheers

Thanks, I was wondering what was going on... Luckily, I was wise enough to make a back-up before updating.

By the way, the patcher server went REALLY fast this time! I had the update in 10 minutes instead of 5 hours (I have bad internet!) Thanks again!:)

My first asteroid catching attempt. Sent a probe to it to see what kind of delta-V I need to bring along. And now I have to launch my 82 ton nuclear tug to go wait for it. Has enough fuel for a Moho attempt just to slow the thing down by 450 m/s or so.

Anybody else having problems with Asteroids not showing up in old saves?

Over here. I was going to ask myself, but I see I'm not the only one with this problem. New saves, I've seen a Class C wandering around. My save? Nada.

I'm going to (carefully) try some persistence editing to see if I can solve the problem that way, if the devs don't come out with a fix before then. If I'm successful, I will post results, but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to try.

Over here. I was going to ask myself, but I see I'm not the only one with this problem. New saves, I've seen a Class C wandering around. My save? Nada.

I'm going to (carefully) try some persistence editing to see if I can solve the problem that way, if the devs don't come out with a fix before then. If I'm successful, I will post results, but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to try.

Restarting my game a few times made them appear. I have 2 D's and 1 C's floating out in deep space now.

So I got the update, liking it so far. These parts will certainly be useful at reducing part count and making heavy lift easier. That said, I have a few requests...

1.) Regular radial decouplers work, but I feel larger ones might help a bit considering the power and weight of some of these boosters.

2.) I would very much like a smaller Rockomax-Kerbodyne adapter but it's not too inconvenient given the mass of the existing one

3.) A larger SAS module.

Does anyone have issue using the fake windowed mode?

Game opens somewhere in the background and I can hear the menu music, but I cannot tab in, task manager sees nothing and only the process is visible (to kill).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.