Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Hello,

I threw together a ModuleManager patch to make Near Future Propulsion and Universal Storage play together nicely. What it does is it replaces the LiquidHydrogen resource from Near Future with Hydrogen from Universal Storage . Because these two resources have different densities, it also adjusts tank capacities and engine consumption rates accordingly.

There is one cosmetic issue: Because Universal Storage uses Real-life units and values, the Hydrogen tank capacities and engine consumption rates after the patch are now ridiculously high. This should not affect game balance in any way. It just looks bit weird when there are tanks with capacity of several millions units :)

Anyway, this is the patch. Just throw it somewhere inside the GameData folder:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidHydrogen]]:Final
{
@RESOURCE[LiquidHydrogen]
{
@name = Hydrogen
@amount *= 4449
@maxAmount *= 4449
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],*
{
@PROPELLANT[LiquidHydrogen]
{
@name = Hydrogen
@ratio *= 4449
}
}

@MODULE[VariableISPEngine]
{
@Mode1Propellant ^= /LiquidHydrogen/Hydrogen/
@Mode2Propellant ^= /LiquidHydrogen/Hydrogen/
}
}

Or download directly from my dropbox.

Any ideas to improve it are welcome!

Hello,

I threw together a ModuleManager patch to make Near Future Propulsion and Universal Storage play together nicely. What it does is it replaces the LiquidHydrogen resource from Near Future with Hydrogen from Universal Storage . Because these two resources have different densities, it also adjusts tank capacities and engine consumption rates accordingly.

There is one cosmetic issue: Because Universal Storage uses Real-life units and values, the Hydrogen tank capacities and engine consumption rates after the patch are now ridiculously high. This should not affect game balance in any way. It just looks bit weird when there are tanks with capacity of several millions units :)

Anyway, this is the patch. Just throw it somewhere inside the GameData folder:

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidHydrogen]]:Final
{
@RESOURCE[LiquidHydrogen]
{
@name = Hydrogen
@amount *= 4449
@maxAmount *= 4449
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],*
{
@PROPELLANT[LiquidHydrogen]
{
@name = Hydrogen
@ratio *= 4449
}
}

@MODULE[VariableISPEngine]
{
@Mode1Propellant ^= /LiquidHydrogen/Hydrogen/
@Mode2Propellant ^= /LiquidHydrogen/Hydrogen/
}
}

Or download directly from my dropbox.

Any ideas to improve it are welcome!

Thanks so much! I'll have to install the mod and try it out now, those models look fantastic. :)

Might have been ECLSS? That overwrote the EVAPropellant resource to something else, it might have switched Kerbal flow rates too. Considering the code of the entire mod is incompatible with 0.24.2, i'd say it did change some significant things to do with resource consumption.

That might be, I was using that mod for a while, can't remember if it was at the same time or not. Might break out .23.5 and that mod to test. Might wait till I have more of a reason to go digging through my old versions and mods and set everything up. It gets annoying when you have to sort through every version of KSP back to .17 and every version of the mods I use back that far. {Yes I keep them all :):D } Finding them all, now that's another story.

New Version Released!

The Core, KAS and TAC packs have been updated.

Core & KAS

Includes written install instructions in the download and some model updates from Dashi.

The fuel cell folder is in the correct location.

TAC

Detailed installation instructions included in the download, showing you how to instal the stock mod as well as the two balance options and a table showing how this effects the game.

Also new Carbon Dioxide model, you can now remove the

IFI

Includes the written instructions but no other changes, no need to redownload this.

As well as the above I took the time to run a full QA pass using my new workflow so everything should be spot on.

If you opted in to MiniAVC they you should see the update alert when you next play, otherwise you can download from www.kingtiger.co.uk as usual.

I'm also running through the website to clean things up and improve the documentation. The IFI and TAC packs still need their screen shots and part descriptions.

Is there any particular reason (Like maybe I can't count to ten with my shoes on) that the fuel cell water tank is undersize? I opened up the .cfg to have a look at things, And it looks like a full H2/O2 load produces almost 5.8L water. It only really matters for a fuel cell/Elektron battery setup with no other storage that sees 15+ hours of continuous use, So it's not a big deal but I was wondering.

Also, Total power output charges 333 Z-4K batteries with a bit left over :0.0:

An update to my previous issue; apparently Modular Fuel Tanks was stopping TACLS from adding resources to my pods for some reason. I did begrudgingly switch over to Kerbal consumption rates since I don't feel like increasing the capacity of the command pods by hand thirty times.

If you opted in to MiniAVC they you should see the update alert when you next play, otherwise you can download from www.kingtiger.co.uk as usual.

All of the US packs alert me to updates even when I tell them not to check...must be psychic. :P

Seems the MiniAVC issue is a known issue and has been fixed.

If you want you can update to the latest version of the MiniAVC.dll by downloading either from my public KSP OneDrive folder (link in my sig) or direct from the AVC site http://ksp.cybutek.net/miniavc/

I've also updated all the downloads to use this new version.

Seems the MiniAVC issue is a known issue and has been fixed.

If you want you can update to the latest version of the MiniAVC.dll by downloading either from my public KSP OneDrive folder (link in my sig) or direct from the AVC site http://ksp.cybutek.net/miniavc/

I've also updated all the downloads to use this new version.

I downloaded literally seconds ago. The US_TAC pack has a version file indicating 0.8.1.2 while the download is labeled 0.8.2.3 and I still get an update message (full AVC).

Not a biggie, but wanted to let you know (=version file updating may be required).

I downloaded literally seconds ago. The US_TAC pack has a version file indicating 0.8.1.2 while the download is labeled 0.8.2.3 and I still get an update message (full AVC).

Not a biggie, but wanted to let you know (=version file updating may be required).

same here edited the version file to reflect the version and it works fine.

One question: is there a specific reason why you are using ModuleResourceConverter instead of something like TAC/USI converter which also works on-rails?

I quickly replaced the modules with a MM patch and didn't notice any problems + on-rails conversions works just fine. Just asking since I may very well miss an essential point :)

I waited until the TAC pack was ready and installed US today, very satisfied so far!

thanks for this update, but I think the core pack zip is corrupted. I've downloaded it several time or it is only my problem?

It works fine when downloaded from its correct location (Kingtiger.co.uk). If you're downloading it from Cu rse, we only have a "dummy" file there which is essentially functionless (acting only as a way to tell you there's a new update out on the official site). Its mainly because there's a very vague line in their EULA about mod ownership, and I'd rather keep the mod hosted by someone I know I can trust :)

Everything about this release is pure quality. Right down to the .pdf instructions on headed notepaper. Exudes class. The mod itself is a delight. Bravo all, terrific work.
:D
Is there any particular reason (Like maybe I can't count to ten with my shoes on) that the fuel cell water tank is undersize? I opened up the .cfg to have a look at things, And it looks like a full H2/O2 load produces almost 5.8L water. It only really matters for a fuel cell/Elektron battery setup with no other storage that sees 15+ hours of continuous use, So it's not a big deal but I was wondering.

Not really. The fuel cell is still unresolved as a model, but if you really want to collect all the water it's capable of producing, you probably need a separate tank.

That might be something to do with Dmagic's Orbital Science mod, its referenced in the log before the crashes occur (our science wedge is only referenced in as a model, not used in any contracts based code).

I play it with Fineprint and have no issues. Your problem is probably KSP 64bit. It and Unity 64bit are rather buggy and YMMV.

And yep, 64 bit is nasty. Paul and I only develop with 32 bit for stability.

Not really. The fuel cell is still unresolved as a model, but if you really want to collect all the water it's capable of producing, you probably need a separate tank.

So, Some details not quite nailed down. No problem. I edited the .cfg Bribed a Kerbal down on the manufacturing line to misplace the 1 liter tanks and install 6 liter ones as an emergency substitute part. They'll do anything for a couple nice hot S'mores delivered around breaktime.

Ok, I made a fast sketch for a possible HGR 1.875 integration:

Xc2GOld.png

I assumed a storage rig as a corner arc with 0.625m radius. The resulting shape has a minimal diameter of 1.77m and a maximal diameter of 1.9m. There is enough space (0.65m) for a 0.625m tunnel in the middle.

Edited by Spanier

Ok, I made a fast sketch for a possible HGR 1.875 integration:

http://i.imgur.com/lKjk2pb.png

I assumed a storage rig as a corner arc with 0.625m radius. The resulting shape has a minimal diameter of 1.77m and a maximal diameter of 1.9m. There is enough space (0.65m) for a 0.625m tunnel in the middle.

It should be easy enough if I reuse assets from the octocore, but i'll have a chat with Paul first to see if its something we want to cover. HGR is pretty cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.