Derogatory term for Kerbals

Whirligig Girl

I don't know why, but there was a discussion in my class about the taboo-ness of the N-word and it got me thinking. When Kerbal breach the interstellar border and hand out with other species, like all races humans have met, there are derogatory terms for them.

How about "Greenie" or "Boostophobe" or something? How would a Kerbal react to being called such horrible terms?

I prefer to think that Kerbals are so filled with wonder of the universe that it simply won't occur to them to be bothered. Hopefully humanity will grow beyond such petty concepts as well.

...hand out with other species, like all races humans have met,...

You DO know this could be taken horribly out of context, right?

I'd imagine the proper reaction to being called a Boostophobe is challenging the offending party to a duel. Which would be a drag race. Using SRB-powered rocket sleds.

In an RP, I had a race called the "Tal'Ryth". At some point the other RPers decided that a good derogatory term for them would be 'tallies'.

So one possibility would be to take part of the name 'Kerbal' and add something else to it.

Or, and this is my actual suggestion; "99 green Kerballoons"

some random Kerbal after someone landed an asteroid on his lawn

Get your booster-butt off my lawn, you fatter-than-mainsail greenie! You really know how to push my abort button! I feel bad for your mom: she must've had to use a LOT of boosters to give birth to YOU! Feel the overheat.

Is this good? :)

I wonder what the imperium of man would call Kerbals...

Kerbl'eesh, Gods of Chaos. The laws of physics is on Kerbals' side: they can arbitrarily create matter and energy and exploit physics for teh lulz. After threats of Kraken-drive powered planet-cracking, the Imperium and other interstellar powers would surrender to Kerbals' infinite might.

-Duxwing

I prefer to think that Kerbals are so filled with wonder of the universe that it simply won't occur to them to be bothered. Hopefully humanity will grow beyond such petty concepts as well.

^^This, very much this.