[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

blackheart, would you be able to whip up a 5 meter to 8.4 meter adapter for RSS use? Just theoretical, I know you're limited on time as you've mentioned before. I've [kindly :)] asked RedAV8R to make realism patches for your pack (I'm assuming that's fine with you, they're just ModuleManager patches), but one thing is that the adapter won't work to scale in RSS. The reason is, in KSP it's a 2.5 meter to 3.75 meter adapter. The real SLS is 5 meters to 8.4 meters. For stock KSP, the capsule is half as big, so for RSS it should be doubled. But if it were doubled with the current part, it would make it a 5 meter to 7.5 meter adapter.

Again, please don't do this if you don't want to. I just thought it might make it more convenient. It could still be done with Procedural Fairings in RSS but then they split open, I think the real SLS adapter is just a cone that separates; i.e. it doesn't split into 4 panels.

That's a really nice service module, I have one request, though. Could you make the RL-10B-2 have a movable nozzle extension? It'd make it a bit more compact, not to mention an extendable nozzle looks badass.

blackheart, would you be able to whip up a 5 meter to 8.4 meter adapter for RSS use? Just theoretical, I know you're limited on time as you've mentioned before. I've [kindly :)] asked RedAV8R to make realism patches for your pack (I'm assuming that's fine with you, they're just ModuleManager patches), but one thing is that the adapter won't work to scale in RSS. The reason is, in KSP it's a 2.5 meter to 3.75 meter adapter. The real SLS is 5 meters to 8.4 meters. For stock KSP, the capsule is half as big, so for RSS it should be doubled. But if it were doubled with the current part, it would make it a 5 meter to 7.5 meter adapter.

Again, please don't do this if you don't want to. I just thought it might make it more convenient. It could still be done with Procedural Fairings in RSS but then they split open, I think the real SLS adapter is just a cone that separates; i.e. it doesn't split into 4 panels.

I'll see what I can do, this mod isn't my focus at the moment :)

Also, I allow resizing parts because they're just configs anyway.

That's a really nice service module, I have one request, though. Could you make the RL-10B-2 have a movable nozzle extension? It'd make it a bit more compact, not to mention an extendable nozzle looks badass.

GoldForest and I had an idea about this I also suggested this on the forums. Still pondering if I should add it or not, we'll see. :wink:

I think you definitely should. :) The current version is very long, you could shorten the adapters quite a bit if you made the nozzle movable. While you might have a fixed skirt extension on RL-10A-4, B-2 version has a much bigger one, making the movable skirt necessary. While here it can fly without a movable extension, I found the whole thing a bit too long.

I think you definitely should. :) The current version is very long, you could shorten the adapters quite a bit if you made the nozzle movable. While you might have a fixed skirt extension on RL-10A-4, B-2 version has a much bigger one, making the movable skirt necessary. While here it can fly without a movable extension, I found the whole thing a bit too long.

I'll see what I can do.

Hey Blackheart, love your mods on here, very curious to see what's next!

I was wondering if you were still planning to further develop this: ?:)

Yeah, of course, but not at this moment. :)

I support this add-on add-on... that sounds kinda weird, lemme try again. I support this mod mod... hmm, still sounds a bit strange. I support this thing... close enough.`

I support this add-on add-on... that sounds kinda weird, lemme try again. I support this mod mod... hmm, still sounds a bit strange. I support this thing... close enough.`

haha, don't worry, I understand what you are saying. Thanks :)

Technically, wouldn't it be a Double Addon Addon? It's an addon for both the Taurus and the SDHI SMS.

Seeing as the Taurus part was not part of the original thing, and since its heatshield is DRE compatible, I would say its more of an add-on add-on with a recently added additional add-on add-on that makes the additional add-on ad-don's base add-on compatible with an additional add-on.

If you truly want to experience the SLS download bobcats American Pack, you will not be disappointed strap the Aries SRBs to the side and you will go far. I think useing those SRBs represent what the SLS will actually look like. The SRBs that came with 23.5 are a little too small.

aKzNrfK.png

5Euos6m.png

SbPY5gG.png

Seeing as the Taurus part was not part of the original thing, and since its heatshield is DRE compatible, I would say its more of an add-on add-on with a recently added additional add-on add-on that makes the additional add-on ad-don's base add-on compatible with an additional add-on.

Yo dawg, I heard you like add-ons... Rhb5lua.gif

If you truly want to experience the SLS download bobcats American Pack, you will not be disappointed strap the Aries SRBs to the side and you will go far. I think useing those SRBs represent what the SLS will actually look like. The SRBs that came with 23.5 are a little too small.

Actually, the boosters for the ARM expansion are relatively accurate. Remember, the first stage of the SLS is, quite literally, 2 Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters and a Space Shuttle External Tank (with some modifications to allow the attachment of the Main Propulsion System at the bottom and an interstage at the top.) They might be a little on the thin side, but I feel like they would be somewhere between the provided booster and the Aries ones here in terms of width.

Question about the engines here: they do not seem to be reporting any dV values in MechJeb (i.e., when you include the engine on a craft, the craft dV doesn't change). Is the problem with this mod, or with MechJeb?

Actually, the boosters for the ARM expansion are relatively accurate. Remember, the first stage of the SLS is, quite literally, 2 Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters and a Space Shuttle External Tank (with some modifications to allow the attachment of the Main Propulsion System at the bottom and an interstage at the top.) They might be a little on the thin side, but I feel like they would be somewhere between the provided booster and the Aries ones here in terms of width.

Aren't the Aries booster salvaged from the shuttle program or atleast they were supposed to be?

Aren't the Aries booster salvaged from the shuttle program or atleast they were supposed to be?

Correct. Ares 1's first stage is an extended SRB (five segments, rather than four) with a new nozzle to handle the higher mass flows and thrust. Those same five-segment SRBs are now being used with SLS.

Question about the engines here: they do not seem to be reporting any dV values in MechJeb (i.e., when you include the engine on a craft, the craft dV doesn't change). Is the problem with this mod, or with MechJeb?

I am not too sure how mechjeb works. If I get the chance, I'll ask r4m0n.

RedAV8R PM'd me that WIP RSS config is up in his thread so I linked it on the OP. For ya'll RSS guys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.