[Development thread] Launchers Pack (Working on RSS-compatible Delta II)

First of all, that looks nothing like a RS-27A... The Delta II engine looks a little like this:

I would also suggest that you don't do a huge mounting plate on the top of your engine. They don't do that in real life, they have thrust-plates, like this (triangular structure at the top):

Also, the SRB's are quite fat compared to the real Delta II SRB's, so you may want to make them thinner so you can get nine on the first stage.

Other than that, have fun with your first mod!

...You need a hug good sir. you cant emulate everything in RL in KSP otherwise things would be alot diffrent.

the reason theres the huge endcap a tthe top of most engines. in KSP is so it fits in and is easier to tell what engines go where and with what size.

Thank you Banana bread! :D So, small progress update:I'm finished with modelling the 2nd Stage, now I have to texture it...what a fun x.x

Next step is the fairing! :) But I don't know how to make decouplers/ decoupling things, the model wouldn't be the problem, but I don't know if its enough to create an empty gameobject in unity and call it "decoupler thing" (yes, the decoupling modul has another name, but I forgot it x.x), or if i must do there something else..maybe I'll get it; but I think I will need help :)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Yeah. just like that.

Only need a config with your nodes.

For example you have node_stack_top = location

then have

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDecouple

ejectionForce = 250

explosiveNodeID = top

}

it will decouple where that node is as strong as the ejection force says. very easy.

Looks good so far :) Haha Potatocake :D Good no one started calling me the Banana Bread so far :D

Wouldn't it be The Bananabread? And by the way, I think I saw someone call you bananabread some months ago?

EDIT:

After some texturing problems the main stages of Delta II are done! Just fairings and maybe some payload missing...:D Anyway, I wanted to make a big booster, can you guess of which (experimental) rocket?:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/8PLKdpK.png

Ares I-X Liberty!

Edited by wasmic

Anybody wants an Ares X-1?:cool:

uRQtPVE.png

R9JVi1K.png

Ok, but I have bad news: I have some problems with my Delta II rocket, sometimes it explodes, if I press "relaunch" the kraken comes to visit me, so I thought I could release the Delta in a few days, but now I think it will take some time to find the problem, so probably you`ll get Ares I-X first.

Hey, i see you use blender. I also see you have some weird shadows on the bottom of the booster.

In blender there is a smooth bottom that causes this. To remove the weird shadow go to the modifier tab and add "edge split"

This should resolve it but i don't know if it works in Unity/KSP

Gue

So, Progress Update!:

-Delta II Fairings are done, just some seperating problems are still there (They are hitting the payload, that was not the plan..^^)

- I am remodelling the 2nd Stage a bit, I'm not so happy about the Design

- Ares I-X Rocket is done, i just have to edit the textures of the booster a bit now, looks at some points to "nake"

- Work on Ares I started, I don't have to create the booster again, I will use the Ares I-X Booster

So, I can say: V.1.0 comes in one, max. 2 weeks :) (If I don't find any new problems;))

Cheers,

Kartoffelkuchen, Potatocake or however you will call me:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.