Pet peeves

SpacedCowboy

What happens when you have gear out of sync? Like the not uncommon arrangement of a gear-up lander in the cargobay of a spaceplane sitting on its extended gear on the runway. What should happen the first time you press G in that case?
Pleas don't take this the wrong way but changing it could have unforeseen consequences, players are used to the current behaviour but not only that, having the legs of the lander in your fairing or payload bay stay in the raised position while your undercarriage is raised, instead of punching holes in your vessel, is behaviour I'd like to keep ;)

Ninja'd!

OK, these are good points. I'll just leave slowly now.

On second thought, I think the ideal would be for the game to be able to identify a craft that is not currently active (such as payload in a cargo bay) and ignore 'G' presses for that craft. Of course this is something on a different scale of functionality than simply identifying if the gear is down or not.

This is a place where you can put all your complaints, gripes, and things that generally annoy/frustrate you about KSP and its development.

I'm hoping that if people can complain here, they'll complain less in the rest of the forums, which might be nice. :)

Please keep the flame wars to a minimum. Countermeasures have been stocked.

appgroup2004.jpg

Now hurry, before the mods lock this thread!

P.S. To the mod that locks this: Please don't ban me. You understand that this was made with good intentions, right? :)

I understand and respect what your'e saying. However, about 95% of what your'e mentioning IS "General Discussion". Don't get me wrong though, a "General Complaint" category would thin out "General Discussion". Ah Jees, I can't get nothin'

Edited by SpacedCowboy

Here's my peeve:

Subassemblies act weird. I'd like it if they let me use any available node on the subassembly, but a lot of the time it picks one node and refuses any other attachment. That one node is usually opposite the one I actually want to attach. :mad:

It's always the root part of the subassembly. If you make sure the root part is what you're going to want to attach, it will always "pick" the one node you want.

It's always the root part of the subassembly. If you make sure the root part is what you're going to want to attach, it will always "pick" the one node you want.

I kinda figured that's why it is how it is, but it still bugs me. I don't know what could be done about it, though, I'm not savvy enough to figure out what constraints are involved.

Symmetry is borked. In the SPH if you have a plane with wings that have engines and say elevators attached as sub-components and you remove and re-attach the wing using mirror symmetry, all of the symmetry for the sub-parts will be messed up usually defaulting to radial for some reason. Sometimes the settings for elevators will not be mirrored left-to-right causing the craft to go out of control, and if you have hot keys programmed the symmetry for that will be messed up as well - so if you have a hot key to toggle engines only the left (or right) ones will be activated.

This has been happening since before 1.0, but has not been addressed.

JR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.