[1.1.2]Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul (6/6/16 More parts and improvements)

blackheart612

Have you downloaded the Zenit Rocket by Horizon Aeronautics? I think thats the way you should get the engine to look. From launch to ascent the way he has the engines worked out is amazing. I don't know if its difficult to make it look like that but I think what Stubbles has done is what you were trying to go for. When I say engine I mean the smoke effects and the trail. Obviously your engines are completely different.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71835-0-23-Horizon-Aeronautics-Zenit-3SLB-v1-2-updated-3-9-14?highlight=Horizon+Aeronautics+Zenit-3SLB

Yeah, Saw it. Though I prefer mine in a way that when the rocket is on side view, sometimes, Zenit's plume is firing circles and that is not quite what I wanna see. I'm removing the smoke on the next patch too.

Thats what I mean I was referring to his implementation of smokescreen. The way the smoke explodes out at the pad and then dissipates and then the hint of smoke thats behind the engine but no real smoke going all the way down to the pad. I agree that his engines just seem like circles but like i said I was referring to the smoke.

Yeah, Saw it. Though I prefer mine in a way that when the rocket is on side view, sometimes, Zenit's plume is firing circles and that is not quite what I wanna see. I'm removing the smoke on the next patch too.

Exactly. This is my biggest complaint about his FX. When the frame rate starts to lag (and with Smokescreen etc., it does) the rings actually separate and it's like the engine is leaving hot orange donut flames behind. I LOVE the colors he uses on his exhaust though.

I've been using the First stage engine as part of my Delta IV Heavy replica... However, I can't seem to find a short fuel tank in Jumbo Orange. Do you think you can add another skin to the second stage tank? It's the last thing I need for the CBCs to look right.

Here's what I have now... Don't mind the payload, just look at the CBCs:

v65Y4Ie.png

Here's the real thing:

Delta4-746299.jpg

See how there's the main LH2 tanks that look like the stock Jumbo tanks? There's a white intertank assembly above them, then a smaller LOX tank, also orange. Any chance you can add another skin to the second stage tank of the Kerbal X to replicate that orange?

Here's what I have now... Don't mind the payload, just look at the CBCs:

http://i.imgur.com/v65Y4Ie.png

Here's the real thing:

http://archive.floridatoday.com/content/blogs/space/uploaded_images/Delta4-746299.jpg

See how there's the main LH2 tanks that look like the stock Jumbo tanks? There's a white intertank assembly above them, then a smaller LOX tank, also orange. Any chance you can add another skin to the second stage tank of the Kerbal X to replicate that orange?

I second that idea! I mean it goes with the theme you are going for with this pack.....I think.

So basically an orange skin for the small tank or the long tank? I now the second stage is the long one.... just to be sure :P

What about both? I think it's the multi color orange and white. Look at the boosters orange at the top, a ring of white, and then the rest orange.

So basically an orange skin for the small tank or the long tank? I now the second stage is the long one.... just to be sure :P

Well.... The D IVH is a strange beast. There are three "Stages", yes, but the Delta Cryogenic Upper Stage (Which you've already modelled, btw) is above the smaller orange section of the center Commom Booster Core. THe outer CBCs are boosters, referred to as a "Zero Stage". They throttle up after Max Q, the core stage doesn't and remains at 70% power until they jettison the boosters. It's a wonky setup, but it works well in real life.

4826836_orig.jpg

blackheart, I was about to tell you this but MaverickSawyer just did: the upper stage from your Aerojet Kerbodyne pack is the same stage that the Delta IV rockets use. For the Delta IV it's called the Delta Cryogenic Second Stage (DCSS) and for the SLS it's called the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS).

Maybe a merging of the packs would be good? Including your upper stage with this pack would be good but it might get redundant for people who use both (which I do since your content is so awesome :) ).

Any progress on the segmented SRBs? I think they would look cool with the Aerojet Kerbodyne pack, and this one as well. Some smaller, stock-like SRBs would be cool as well. Like how the Delta II uses SRBs clustered around it, and the Delta IV Medium rockets use similarly sized SRBs.

blackheart, I was about to tell you this but MaverickSawyer just did: the upper stage from your Aerojet Kerbodyne pack is the same stage that the Delta IV rockets use. For the Delta IV it's called the Delta Cryogenic Second Stage (DCSS) and for the SLS it's called the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS).

Maybe a merging of the packs would be good? Including your upper stage with this pack would be good but it might get redundant for people who use both (which I do since your content is so awesome :) ).

Any progress on the segmented SRBs? I think they would look cool with the Aerojet Kerbodyne pack, and this one as well. Some smaller, stock-like SRBs would be cool as well. Like how the Delta II uses SRBs clustered around it, and the Delta IV Medium rockets use similarly sized SRBs.

Well I initially planned to make the segmented SRBs with your work... Y'know. I kinda don't know how to fix that. Did you? :blush:

Well I initially planned to make the segmented SRBs with your work... Y'know. I kinda don't know how to fix that. Did you? :blush:

I'll try tomorrow, since it's Friday and I have time. Although, I planned on using the separation motors for just visuals. Wait, I just got a new idea. I could try to set a spot, and you could define attach nodes for a new type of sepatron. The sepatron could be placed in the slot since it would would be stackable, and have an attachment node on top. That's pretty cool! Although, you know MUCH more about modding than me. I can make *extremely basic* designs in Blender and that's it. I don't even know how to use the boolean tools. :/

Good luck, I hope I can contribute somehow. :)

Thanks but I actually don't have any SOLID PLANS for it yet. But stay tuned, who knows. :D
Haha Edited by Woopert

I'll try tomorrow, since it's Friday and I have time. Although, I planned on using the separation motors for just visuals. Wait, I just got a new idea. I could try to set a spot, and you could define attach nodes for a new type of sepatron. The sepatron could be placed in the slot since it would would be stackable, and have an attachment node on top. That's pretty cool! Although, you know MUCH more about modding than me. I can make *extremely basic* designs in Blender and that's it. I don't even know how to use the boolean tools. :/

Good luck, I hope I can contribute somehow. :)

I also have basic models, man. Not that much detail and curves cause I suck at them. But I try my best.

Haha

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH XD

Anyways made actual progress for the mod because I just got back for it recently being so frustrated about the hatch of Pteron.

Here, the KR-2D WIP is finally textured. Complete with emissives and an alternate texture. Not sure if there is actually something yet missing except for other type of fairings to be able to launch the Payload Launcher Construction Set.

QqYf9hX.png

Also made the request texture so I tried to make it look like as requested in this pic.

EjZJIOT.png

Guess I have to make optional textures for Aerojet Kerbodyne to match up with the construction kit. Huehuehue. Love how my packs actually piece together.

Edited by blackheart612

I also have basic models, man. Not that much detail and curves cause I suck at them. But I try my best.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH XD

Anyways made actual progress for the mod because I just got back for it recently being so frustrated about the hatch of Pteron.

Here, the KR-2D WIP is finally textured. Complete with emissives and an alternate texture. Not sure if there is actually something yet missing except for other type of fairings to be able to launch the Payload Launcher Construction Set.

http://i.imgur.com/QqYf9hX.png

Also made the request texture so I tried to make it look like as requested in this pic.

http://i.imgur.com/EjZJIOT.png

Guess I have to make optional textures for Aerojet Kerbodyne to match up with the construction kit. Huehuehue. Love how my packs actually piece together.

Oh yeah, looks nice :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.