[WIP] Hellas Sat Aerospace - Tiangong and Shenzhou

onlinegamesz

hellas-sat.gif

Chinese spacecraft are pretty unique, since i'm skinner for several mods (not ksp) I want to try my skills on ksp and it worked pretty well.

I can only skin, model simple models like a docking port and do the basic for scripting the part files, thats why I use some mods as basic models but I totally reskined them.

Lets start with the Shenzhou combined with the CZ-2F rocket.

CZ-2F rocket taking off with the Shenzhou spacecraft

2014_04_18_00009.jpg

Second stage of CZ-2F rocket

2014_04_18_00012.jpg

The Shenzhou spacecraft (wip) (the docking port on the picture is outdated, there is already a new one)

2014_04_18_00013.jpg

The Shenzhou spacecraft docked on the Tiangong 3 core module WIP

tiangong3_1.jpg

Better view of the solar panels

tiangong3_2.jpg

Later i'm planning to make the complete station:

tiangong3_top_1024.jpg

The small credit list is not done yet, for example for bobcat and orionkermin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like it and don't forget to give feedback about the skins and other things since i'm not an expert in spacecrafts and rockets.

Edited by onlinegamesz

If you intend to release this, you either should replace the models made by others or ask the creators for their permission

Some are inactive so I looked at the license and it says I can share and adapt the model, exactly all licenses from the models I use says that, expect the ones from bobcat (it can only be shared not adapted).

The reason I didn't placed any licenses is because I didn't post any download link yet.

Well Orionkermin got a All rights reserved license on his main thread and dev thread. So you better check again.

Orionkermin:

That should be fine as long as you credit me. I normally use all rights reserved, but might have forgotten to add it since it's still in development. Just say you have my express permission to redistribute it and I think you'll be ok.

You might want to remake the fairings on CZ-2F, make them more functional. They're much like BobCat's Soyuz shroud in functionality. Also, making HTV from ATV isn't any good. It doesn't taper like the ATV does, and the docking port is the CBM, of much larger diameter and without the "stalk" of MIR-type docking port. What you made looks nothing like the HTV.

I suggest you to make a model for that one from scratch. It's not a very complex design, as it's mostly cylindrical with tapers on front and back. The most complicated parts are RCS thrusters.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm already busy making the shape into a cylinder, don't forget it is still wip.

the docking port is the CBM, of much larger diameter and without the "stalk" of MIR-type docking port.

About the docking port I clearly said in the description "again the docking port is temporary, i'm making a new one now", same for the shenzhou.

What you made looks nothing like the HTV

Thats way exaggerated since the texture and the solar panels are totally fine, only the shape is not correct.

Edited by onlinegamesz

About the docking port I clearly said in the description "again the docking port is temporary, i'm making a new one now", same for the shenzhou.

Thats way exaggerated since the texture and the solar panels are totally fine, only the shape is not correct.

Actually, the shape is the entire reason it doesn't really look like HTV, but like an ATV reskin covered with panels. Oh, and I wasn't talking about the dockport itself, but the piece of the hull it sits on. Your docking port it 1.25m, the CBM should be 1.5m, because that's what Community ISS Project uses. Also, the texture does not quite look HTV-ish. Could you make the HTV texture more gold/orange? In reality, it's pretty reflective and much more orange than brown. When making your own hull, keep in mind that the diameter on most of the HTV's hull should be same as the ATV SM. The length should be about 6.4m, to keep in scale with the Community ISS. Make sure that whatever dockport you make fits the CBM provided. The RCS thruster layout is as follows:

4 single-nozzle on the front, facing forward.

4 double-nozzle on the pressurized compartment, facing radially out.

2 blocks, double-nozzle facing up+single nozzle facing rear, mounted on the tapering section.

2 blocks, double-nozzle facing left and up+double-nozzle facing right and up+single nozzle facing rear. Also on the tapering section.

Also, this might be of interest. The middle compartment is unpressurized and seems to be covered with a sliding door. Payloads can be attached inside, something of great potential in KSP. Also, you can see the gold foil well in that pic.

http://www.spacemankind.com/images/iss/expd-26/du/20110203-iss-hr.jpg

You can use a plugin to get reflection from the foil, too.

Actually, the shape is the entire reason it doesn't really look like HTV, but like an ATV reskin covered with panels. Oh, and I wasn't talking about the dockport itself, but the piece of the hull it sits on. Your docking port it 1.25m, the CBM should be 1.5m, because that's what Community ISS Project uses. Also, the texture does not quite look HTV-ish. Could you make the HTV texture more gold/orange? In reality, it's pretty reflective and much more orange than brown. When making your own hull, keep in mind that the diameter on most of the HTV's hull should be same as the ATV SM. The length should be about 6.4m, to keep in scale with the Community ISS. Make sure that whatever dockport you make fits the CBM provided. The RCS thruster layout is as follows:

4 single-nozzle on the front, facing forward.

4 double-nozzle on the pressurized compartment, facing radially out.

2 blocks, double-nozzle facing up+single nozzle facing rear, mounted on the tapering section.

2 blocks, double-nozzle facing left and up+double-nozzle facing right and up+single nozzle facing rear. Also on the tapering section.

Also, this might be of interest. The middle compartment is unpressurized and seems to be covered with a sliding door. Payloads can be attached inside, something of great potential in KSP. Also, you can see the gold foil well in that pic.

http://www.spacemankind.com/images/iss/expd-26/du/20110203-iss-hr.jpg

You can use a plugin to get reflection from the foil, too.

Thanks for your explanation, it is clear for me now, also the positions of the rcs will be very usefull.

Im still noobish with modding for ksp, so making animations and plugins will be really difficult, maybe you know already a existing plugin for reflectation (of the foil)?

About the color of the htv, I used an real picture of it but I guess it was in the shadow and thats why it became more brown, so I will fix that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay so i'm now focusing on the Chinese space industries, my current project is the Tiangong and the Shenzhou:

I still need to make a small credit list for some models for example of bobcat.

Edited by onlinegamesz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.