[0.23.5] ModuleRCSFX 0.3 - RCS with PROPELLANT{}-based fuels and EFFECTS{}-based FX!

ialdabaoth

I have two questions:

1. The running sound effects don't work for me on my RSS/RO install. The engage and flameout sounds work fine though. What could be wrong?

2. How do you make it use custom sounds?

Edited by BahamutoD

Would this mod be the closest to potentially enable "pushback" and damage for RCS exhaust, as with normal engines? In which case, as in real life, you need to be careful about positioning them, especially around solar panels.

Ok. I try using Hydrazine, MNH N2O2, NO etc and my rcs wont fire. My tanks have the right prop, but if I try using ANY other config other than "monoprop fuel" the rcs thrusters wont fire.

EDIT: It's because this mod doesn't work with procedural tanks. Unless it does and using the service module pressure for the tank isn't what rcs prop is stored in...

Edited by TeeGee

• 2 weeks later...

Currently using this in conjunction with Realism Overhaul and FASA, but aside from using the Apollo LEM RCS thrusters with Aerozine+N204, no other combination of fuels and thrusters seems to work. What is going on?

Currently using this in conjunction with Realism Overhaul and FASA, but aside from using the Apollo LEM RCS thrusters with Aerozine+N204, no other combination of fuels and thrusters seems to work. What is going on?

What specific parts are you talking about?

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw in the full official changelog , that they made changes to the RCS system ("ModuleRCS can now use multiple resources") . Does this mean it may be possible to support bipropellant RCS without this mod?

True statement. Also allow correct RCS in a stack mounted part...so roll control 'SHOULD' be ok now, as it should be.

I tested it. It failed.

Meanwhile stock RCS fixed the two main issues, so I don't see much point to this anymore, and it would take a fair amount of reworking to integrate with the new RCS.

So unless someone *really* wants EFFECTS for RCS, I'd say use the stock RCS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im a little confused how to add rcs sfx to each rcs part. Where should the audio wav. files go and how do I tell the mod to grab that sound effect when I engage the engine?

Basically Im asking how to add sound effects to rcs engines, particularly the ones in Realism overhaul.

So this doesn't work with 0.24.2? Well, I hope the Buran mod works without this.

It does now, I'm just uploading a fixed version. CSS will follow after 5th september.

I do have 23.5... but I'm looking for the fork you mentioned, if it has the FX stuff that you said you took out because no one used it. The OP is a plain link to zip, not the github. the fork you created isn't in your Sig. and I'm only on the 2001st post out of your 5.7k plus total... gonna take a while to get through all of them.

does the your current ModuleRCSFX have EFFECT{} in it?