Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

My greatest sin happened this morning as me and my wife prepped to go to the in-laws. I was in a rush and accidentally knocked my shapeway Jeb off the counter. It was as if time moved in slow motion as he hit the ground, his head breaking off at the neck. I would have taken a picture of it, but the scene was far too gruesome for a family friendly forum. But for the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd, I made a quick reenactment picture of the aftermath:

dedjeb_zps53259c71.jpg

My Jeb is currently in the recovering in the post op room after a liberal dose of Guerrilla Glue and neck reattachment surgery.

I've never landed on the runway, I haven't landed a successful space-plane without parachutes, I've lost a kerbal as Debris, I need a mod to make a shuttle, I don't deorbit debris and when I land on Mun, I have the ascent stage attached to the lander :L

I continuously crash my game from the amount of mods I have... -up to 70ish...-

I send Jeb Bill and Bob off on vacation while launching the other Kerbals into space.

Rarely do my space stations get finished.

Since installing TACLS only one mission out of Kerbin SOI in the past 15 career modes was manned.

I often restart my career modes when things start costing 1000 science to research.

I apply things I learned from KSP into other games like War Thunder (where I've learned to bleed a lot of speed without ripping off my wings).

I don't start turning my shuttle until I hit the thinnest part of the atmosphere cause FAR likes to make my shuttles do barrel rolls otherwise.

Except for the PAX tournament where it was required, I have never played a 100% vanilla unmodded game. I mod the s*** out of everything.

I typically reinstall KSP once every 9-10 play sessions because of messing with mods, breaking something, and being unable to fix it.

Although I've landed 20-30 probes on Duna, I've never actually had a Kerbal set foot on its dust.

Some of my most successful designs are adaptations of vessels I've seen elsewhere, typically Scott Manley videos or forum posts. Spaceplanes with structural wings above the fuselage and Mun landers with radially mounted tanks are prime examples.

I sometimes shout at screen when watching KSP videos on YouTube and the 'caster says/does something totally wrong.

I also have no problem saving and reloading until I get a landing juuuuuuust right.

I cheated for the first time today.

I launched a self-refueling kethane probe to explore Mun today. It crashed due to pilot error.

I re-launched it. The Kraken ate it while in orbit around Mun (off-center COM bug, SAS + RCS made it spin out and die).

I re-launched it. I successfully landed on Mun, deployed kethane drills to top off the tank. I activate the converter. No fuel is appearing in my tanks.

I forgot to include kethane tanks to, you know, hold the actual kethane.

I re-launched it. I deploy solar panels, get into LKO, and prepare the fourth transfer burn to Mun. I realize I haven't taken a gravity scan in LKO yet, so I begin some gravity scan transmissions. The electric charge goes out, and my probe stops working. But I have my panels deployed, right? What's going on?

All of my panels, including the non-deploy-able simple ones, are somehow exactly perpendicular to the sun.

At this point, I alt-tab and look up how to bring up the debug menu, try infinite fuel, but it doesn't work on electric charge. So I venture into the persistence file and edit the electric charge.

I was a virgin, and now I am filthy. I never even knew how to bring up the debug menu, and now I do. Will I be able to stave off future temptation?

I forgot to include kethane tanks to, you know, hold the actual kethane.
I lol'ed here. Evidently it's not possible to directly drill and convert without at least a small kethane tank as a "buffer" then?

As for your electricity issues, well I believe (but am not sure) that if you waited in orbit you'd have got sunlight in due course. Your orientation relative to Kerbin would stay fixed (if you weren't spinning), but Kerbin's orbit round the Sun would change your orientation relative to the Sun. But I don't blame you for taking a little help given you'd launched the thing four times already.

I lol'ed here. Evidently it's not possible to directly drill and convert without at least a small kethane tank as a "buffer" then?

As for your electricity issues, well I believe (but am not sure) that if you waited in orbit you'd have got sunlight in due course. Your orientation relative to Kerbin would stay fixed (if you weren't spinning), but Kerbin's orbit round the Sun would change your orientation relative to the Sun. But I don't blame you for taking a little help given you'd launched the thing four times already.

Yeah, I noticed there were no kethane tanks before I deployed the drills and was hoping fervently that you could convert kethane straight from the drill. Apparently not.

I thought about waiting to see if I could get sunlight later, too... but, alas, the craft was in a near-perfect equatorial orbit with the solar panels extending exactly towards and away from the sun and facing exactly north and south. I could have waited until Kerbin orbited the sun a bit to change my craft's orientation with respect to the sun, but then I wasn't sure if the panels would track without probe power (I think they might, but I dunno), and without tracking they would never face the sun.

Most of all I was simply pissed off at that point. :P

Created a onepart mun science base, put it into mun orbit and forgotten the solararays, so all seven Kerbals froze (TAC Lifesuport). Now i have a flying grave about Mun, and nobody want to dock there... it is cursed and hounted there...

I'm an intensely good pilot but I can't plan a manoeuvre node to save my life. Therefore I use KSPTOT, Mechjeb and a variety of other tools. (Missions aren't meant to be done alone right Houston?)

I HATE Jeb so much, I always intentionally kill him within the first 5 minutes of a new save. And I will repeat this process indefinitely every time he respawns.

Once instead of killing Jeb I strapped him to a contraption consisting of about 10 mainsails and fired him on an escape trajectory out of Kerbol orbit.

I am always relieved when the first kerbal into my ships isn't jeb. I wish there was a mod that would randomise which kerbal was picked for your flight if you didn't specify.

The lack of gravity on most planets annoys me enough that I generally refuse to use rovers and will hop all over the surface of a planet in ridiculous lightweight landers. Exceptions apply for Duna & Tylo. I will frequently use a plane on laythe birddog style.

The only places i have gone legit, from launchpad to planet, is Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike...

(But this time i will!... properbly not :( )

I often don't play that much. I lurk on the forums and manages(?) my mods.

(and i'm to cheap to buy a proper computer, so the mods often don't stay :/)

i have played 322 hours... without forum lurking :i

I have played 322 hours and i'm still bad.

Edited by OneEyedShark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.