Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I have successfully landed one spaceplane SSTO. By "landed", I mean "the pilot walked away".

Hey, any landing where everyone is able to get out and live...is successful. Engineers on the other hand are usually more concerned about the craft, so yeah they would consider that a fail :)

UGH, just almost smashed my computer as my antivirus/spyware crap software deleted half of the mods I have installed simply because they "HAVE NO REPUTATION" online. Soooooooo, time to temporarily disable the programs, load up all the mods, then add them to the damn exclusion lists. Would be easy to install IF THEY GAVE YOU THE DAMN OPTION TO EXCLUDE FILES THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO LOAD ONTO YOUR COMPUTER. But no, my damn spyware/virus programs don't give you that option. You have to load your program, THEN add it to the exclusion lists, HOWEVER because it's not on the exclusion list, by the time you click on the program to add it IT'S ALREADY DELETED, AND CAN'T BE ADDED TO THE EXCLUSION LIST.

SOOoooo, would it be wrong of me, that I'm considering building the biggest hodgepodge of parts up in orbit and then deorbit it to where said software companies would be located if Kerbal was Earth? Just for a figurative burning them in effigy type moment?

Of my (according to Steam) ~600 hours playing KSP, less than six were spent in Vanilla.

Despite my excessive modding, I have yet to use TAC Life Support or Deadly Re-entry because they intimidate me.

I have never landed on or even orbited a Joolian moon.

I've only been to Jool twice; once with a probe to gather science and subsequently sacrifice to the Kraken, and once to deploy a RT2 satellite network I never used because I restarted career mode soon thereafter (due to .23.5 releasing).

I use time acceleration to arrest vehicle rotation and oscillation.

I have never successfully landed on the VAB.

Strangely, in spite of numerous VTOL attempts, the closest I ever came was with a command pod during a re-entry and landing. It clipped the edge of the helipad and rolled off the roof.

I have never escaped Eve.

Landed on the purple orb I have; returned home, I have not.

I can't stand big rockets. Seriously, I just... blech, hate'em. Even with the new 3.75m parts, my largest rocket was <500t on the pad, and before that it was < 250t. That heavy launcher is still the only one I use to lift big payloads (or at least what I consider to be big).

This probably leads to my second sin: I spend waaaay too much time designing payloads/vessels/etc

Despite my excessive modding, I have yet to use TAC Life Support or Deadly Re-entry because they intimidate me.

I use time acceleration to arrest vehicle rotation and oscillation.

Only just started doing modding myself, but yeah those two mods are scary.

I've used the time acceleration to stop the random wobbles that larger craft sometimes develop for no reason whatsoever. Only used it once or twice to stop a ship turning when it was REAL close to others up in orbit, and I knew I hadn't saved in WAY too long. :)

I get impatient with long distance travel and super-heavy lifting craft, so I put on autopilot and turn my attention elsewhere.

I almost always forget to add one thing to my craft, and it's usually solar panels and batteries.

I have a problem with the community's problem with MechJeb, Kerbal diversity, and so on, because I feel detractors usually want other people to play a videogame the way they play it. Is that last one a sin, though? It's a confession, at least.

I have sinned again . . .

My new Spaceplane had been refuelled and was raring to land. So in a piloting failure of epic proportions, I managed to touch down with a vertical speed of over 100ms-1 . . .

RIP Jeb. You died bravely, hitting another continent. And your death handily combined burial, cremation and scattering.

I was on Minimus and sent Soledin Kermin to plant a flag at the summit of a nearby hill.

On descent I RCS'd to speed return to the ship and landed with so much speed that he exploded into a dust cloud (didn't realize that was possible).

Bob immediately reboarded and took off.

I must confess, that I use KAC to calculate transfer windows...

But this is not the worst part. It has the side effect that I try to catch all possible windows, so I have several missions running in parallel, and this feeling forced to start a mission on every new transfer window, and feeling forced to switch vessels when something is happening to them, is killing the fun quite a bit...

I accidentally took one extra Kerbal who stowed away in the lander can to Duna. When it was time to leave and to abandon the lander I left the extra Kerbal inside and set it on a collision course to Ike...

You should never leave a man behind (especially on a collision course to a fiery doom). I AM A HORRIBLE MISSION COMMANDER!!! :(;.;

I built a Saturn V replica, sent it to the Mun, preformed the LEM extraction flawlessly, went in for Munar landing, and crashed into mun. I think Jeb and Bill were to busy yelling at each other because of Jeb's risky flying to notice the munar surface approaching. Lucky Bob was still orbiting in the CSM (Command and Snacks Module).

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, I post old, previously unposted screenshots in the What did you do in KSP today thread just to have something to post. Usually, I haven't even played KSP those days.

Edited by Felsmak

• 2 weeks later...

I never bothered even trying an asteroid capture until just now, and only got around to it because a contract (from Fine Print) told me to

(Got it on my first try without looking anything up, though, and it was on a really annoying trajectory)

I haven't even tried landing on a number of moons because they just don't interest me

I haven't tried doing return missions from anywhere but Gilly, Duna, Mun, and Minmus, also just because meh

Edited by zarakon

I'm a real-life pilot, and love flight-sim games, but I cannot safely land a spaceplane in KSP to save my life. The controls are just too awkward/atypical for me.

As a result of this, my spaceplanes/SSTOs still use a detachable cockpit (sometimes a regular capsule) with parachutes. *hangs head in shame*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.