[WIP]D12 Aerotech - A B9 Aerospace Expansion (Beta1)

PolecatEZ

I've got this installed with the B9 R5.0 pre-release and several of the IVA's dont show up. I didn't expect this cus 5.0 doesn't remove any parts, only depreciates them. Thoughts? chance of an update?

K3Chris said one of the latest builds moved some textures around. Looks like this was using at least a couple of those that got moved cause a bunch of textures broke when I updated to that build.

So I made my patch for D12 Aerotech. Now compatible with B9 R5.0 pre-release. I changed the pointers for files to work with the new textures and moved textures that the new ones don't work with to the D12 assets folder, along with some props and the latest firespitter and module manager. I claim no credit for any of the work here. It's all just a reorganization and repack. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

So I made my patch for D12 Aerotech. Now compatible with B9 R5.0 pre-release. I changed the pointers for files to work with the new textures and moved textures that the new ones don't work with to the D12 assets folder, along with some props and the latest firespitter and module manager. I claim no credit for any of the work here. It's all just a reorganization and repack. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Nice one mate! Just tried it out with the release version of B9 5.0. Unfortunately some pointers were still not quite right, so I've taken the liberty of adjusting the cfgs, uploaded here. I've also renamed the canards because there's a clash with the stock part.

Nice one mate! Just tried it out with the release version of B9 5.0. Unfortunately some pointers were still not quite right, so I've taken the liberty of adjusting the cfgs, uploaded here. I've also renamed the canards because there's a clash with the stock part.

good call. I didn't mention it cus it seemed unimportant but you may notice i changed the description on the tandem chopper pod to differentiate it from the tandem inline chopper pod. I changed some spelling mistakes in descriptions as well.

CSVoltage: I'm missing some textures using your repack (the parts are showing, but only in black) Main parts are the Cockpit Mk 1-2 Tandem Cockpit Trainers and my favourite part, the Buzz Turbine.

If you could either look into it or give me advice on how to fix it, it would be appreciated!

All right... I can't figure this out.

Just downloaded this pack again so I would have it fresh and all. Installed it again and again and again, uninstalling it of course each time. The external cockpit textures will not show up. I am mod heavy but I'm not sure if that would effect textures not loading?

I have the latest B9 version and BD Armory installed... and alls good there.

Is there a log I can generate that could help find the issue and if so... how would/could I generate it?

And could I post it here to get some help with it... Love B9's cockpits but... these are just ....!!!

Edit: it's a lot of parts as well as some parts ie... wings and such won't connect to fuselage parts...

I'll wait a bit and see how this pack progresses.

Also when I installed this pack I got the "This version of firerspliter is not compatible with ksp 0.24....

Edited by SouthPhilly

All right... I can't figure this out.

Just downloaded this pack again so I would have it fresh and all. Installed it again and again and again, uninstalling it of course each time. The external cockpit textures will not show up. I am mod heavy but I'm not sure if that would effect textures not loading?

I have the latest B9 version and BD Armory installed... and alls good there.

Is there a log I can generate that could help find the issue and if so... how would/could I generate it?

And could I post it here to get some help with it... Love B9's cockpits but... these are just ....!!!

Edit: it's a lot of parts as well as some parts ie... wings and such won't connect to fuselage parts...

I'll wait a bit and see how this pack progresses.

Also when I installed this pack I got the "This version of firerspliter is not compatible with ksp 0.24....

This pack was designed for the old version of B9 and the creator hasn't been around since before the B9 updated to release 5, which moved some textures referenced by D12 and broke stuff. I hate to be one of those "look through the thread" people but there are some updated packs that will fix it here, or you can go into the part.cfg files and try fixing it yourself if you feel up to it, you just need to find the texture file referenced and update the path.

Alright. Finally had some spare time to sit down and managed to work out (I hope) all the kinks with B9 R5.x compatibility.

Notes:

• based on CSVoltage's fix - thanks for getting the ball rolling and most of the work done
  • made with B12 R5.2.1 (not included), Firespitter 6.3.5 (plugin and sound included), ModuleManager 2.3.5 (plugin included) - thanks to their respective authors for their continuing excellent work
  • all IVAs and textures should now be back to normal
  • added Firespitter soundbank to CSVoltage's package - without it your engines would be silent - that's why this file is much larger
  • installation same as before

• changed internal name for canards to avoid conflict with stock part - if you have pre-existing craft with this part, please replace the /GameData/B9_Aerospace/Expansions/D12Wingtech/canards.cfg with the one from the previous version, or open it and edit the
    name =

line back to

name = CanardController

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll endeavour to use my limited abilities to help - but no promises :wink:.

Hopefully PolecatEZ comes back soon to continue his work, or another modder picks this up.

At last, here's the download.

Edit: I should add that, like the previous releases, this version does not include the Romfarer plugin. And without it the missiles/bombs won't show up in the VAB/SPH. So you can get the plugin separately by downloading the main Lazor mod or, if you don't need all those parts/functions, you can get Lazor docking cam by itself. If instead you don't want the weapons, it's safe to just delete the D12Battletech folder.

Edited by cremasterstroke
clarification

That is great, especially sound for propellers, I continiously use D12 along with B9.

Does any of mentioned fixes contain FAR code for a few D12 wings that lacked it? I scrapped something for my own, but it was only copypasta form Squad wings of similar size.

Nah, as I alluded to, my technical ability is very limited, messing with FAR stuff is well beyond what I'm capbable of :P. Especially considering that the wings all change shape.

All I wanted to do was restore the pack to its previous working condition. And TBH with Procedural Wings around I don't usually bother with wings from other mods - I mainly use D12 for the cockpits.

Alright. Finally had some spare time to sit down and managed to work out (I hope) all the kinks with B9 R5.x compatibility.

Notes:

• based on CSVoltage's fix - thanks for getting the ball rolling and most of the work done
  • made with B12 R5.2.1 (not included), Firespitter 6.3.5 (plugin and sound included), ModuleManager 2.3.5 (plugin included) - thanks to their respective authors for their continuing excellent work
  • all IVAs and textures should now be back to normal
  • added Firespitter soundbank to CSVoltage's package - without it your engines would be silent - that's why this file is much larger
  • installation same as before

• changed internal name for canards to avoid conflict with stock part - if you have pre-existing craft with this part, please replace the /GameData/B9_Aerospace/Expansions/D12Wingtech/canards.cfg with the one from the previous version, or open it and edit the
    name =

line back to

name = CanardController

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll endeavour to use my limited abilities to help - but no promises :wink:.

Hopefully PolecatEZ comes back soon to continue his work, or another modder picks this up.

At last, here's the download.

Edit: I should add that, like the previous releases, this version does not include the Romfarer plugin. And without it the missiles/bombs won't show up in the VAB/SPH. So you can get the plugin separately by downloading the main Lazor mod or, if you don't need all those parts/functions, you can get Lazor docking cam by itself. If instead you don't want the weapons, it's safe to just delete the D12Battletech folder.

Really cool of you to fix this mod up... Thank You for putting the time in.

Nah, as I alluded to, my technical ability is very limited, messing with FAR stuff is well beyond what I'm capbable of :P. Especially considering that the wings all change shape.

All I wanted to do was restore the pack to its previous working condition. And TBH with Procedural Wings around I don't usually bother with wings from other mods - I mainly use D12 for the cockpits.

I use NEAR... dose this mean the wings in this pack won't work? Not a deal breaker at all, just thought the swing wings and folding wings would be fun to use.

Really cool of you to fix this mod up... Thank You for putting the time in.

No prob. I was going to do most of it for my personal use anyway, so thought I might as well do the whole thing and share it :)

I use NEAR... dose this mean the wings in this pack won't work? Not a deal breaker at all, just thought the swing wings and folding wings would be fun to use.

As far as I know, NEAR models the wings in the same manner as FAR, so yes wings without the FAR module wouldn't function properly. But I don't play with NEAR and I almost never use the D12 wings so I really can't say for sure. But if you really want swept wings, take a look at Infernal Robotics. I built my F-14 with it and it worked quite well.

Hello, can somebody explain to me why swing wings do not swing for me? :confused:

F-14 wing, X-02 and folding wings all generate no lift when used.

Im using B9 (rather obvious), FAR, KW-R, Romfarer Lazors, SP+, and numerous fixes for time control, node management etc, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.