[WIP]D12 Aerotech - A B9 Aerospace Expansion (Beta1)

PolecatEZ

The original FS pack had Osprey-style VTOL props that could push something pretty big, but the turbo fans that could lift an Avenger carrier haven't been made yet so far as I know.

Actually I'm making a similar lifting fan right now for a flying aircraft carrier mod. My current issue is to make it maintain flight at power as well as save game. The fans are electric and run off a reactor in the carrier.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a lot of things remade (a few rotors, some cockpits), but then the case of the disappearing Alt-F12 function popped up again.

If anyone has a cure for this, let me know. All other Alt+F# work except Alt-F12, completely locking me out of any kind of testing or reloading function. This brings mod development to a stand still. If seen a few other threads with that issue pop up, but they get closed without an actual resolution.

Do you have the firespitter.dll from the latest B9 release, or the one direct from Snjo?

Snjo's direct DLL made my parts pop into the SPH, but I could not move them, click them, or attach anything to them.

B9's was fine.

I know its not exactly the issue, but I'm just putting it out there.

I'm using the last one packaged with B9.

I just re-stripped my KSP install completely and had Steam rebuild it. Zero mods - still no Alt-F12. I'm going to try a more radical re-installation than just wiping the gamedata folder and see what happens.

If they'd just let you re-map that single function to another key or set of keys, it would be awesome...but no, it has to be complicated.

@ PolecatEZ

This may sound really stupid and please forgive me if it sound like I'm teaching you to "suck eggs" but are you sure F12 on is working on your keyboard?

I've just replace mine for this exact reason (too much F12-ing)

Also just to note, I had to totally delete and re-download 0.90 from steam

"Stripping" my 0.25 game down for the updated gave me some headaches.

I hope you get it sorted..

The file paths are wrong because it uses the B9 textures and B9 file structure was changed therefore creating the problem. If you want a quick and dirty fix you just need to re-point them to the textures in the B9 folder so open the d12 part cfg's and change the texture location to the correct one in B9

Edited by Virtualgenius

It would be nice if you made a version that was Active Texture Management compatible, so people like me who run a ton of other mods don't have to go fishing around in B9 ATM Configs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a release that has its own textures.

I have a version that works with the current B9 and the most recent FirespitterPlugin, however, I will not post it unless given permission by Polecat.

D12 is licenced under the same licence as B9 which is CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Basically since polecat chose that licence permission is automatically granted as long as you follow the license terms.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.