[WIP]D12 Aerotech - A B9 Aerospace Expansion (Beta1)

PolecatEZ

KSP has been getting stuck at the loading screen before the main menu (the one that says loading with the spinning planets), I tracked it back to this mod, as the problem stops when I remove the B9_Aerospace/Expansions folder.

I checked the log and I guess it has something to do with mechjeb

[WRN 13:38:26.556] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================
[EXC 13:38:26.562] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
[ERR 13:41:00.815] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERR 13:41:00.821] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.825] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.831] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.842] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.862] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.868] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.876] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

EDIT: oh, and the code of error without mechjeb installed

[WRN 14:04:54.305] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================
[EXC 14:04:54.311] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Here is the log file

Edited by mbartelsm

KSP has been getting stuck at the loading screen before the main menu (the one that says loading with the spinning planets), I tracked it back to this mod, as the problem stops when I remove the B9_Aerospace/Expansions folder.

I checked the log and I guess it has something to do with mechjeb

[WRN 13:38:26.556] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================
[EXC 13:38:26.562] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
[ERR 13:41:00.815] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.821] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.825] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.831] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.842] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.862] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.868] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 13:41:00.876] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

EDIT: oh, and the code of error without mechjeb installed

[WRN 14:04:54.305] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================
[EXC 14:04:54.311] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Here is the log file

Honestly looks like a conflict with MechJeb, something MechJeb is looking for is causing the faults. Try removing MJ and booting.

I have a part suggestion.

The Mk2 parts lack a way to mount three things on them, like two engines and a tail, or two intakes and a cockpit. If it were possible to make a three across tri-coupler.

So I could do this without clipping parts into each other. Granted I didn't turn on parts clipping just used the tricks you can do in KSP anyway.

SaA4lUh.jpg

I apologize in advance for this, but I can't offer something more helpful than the Devo song your post forcefully slapped into my brain... you could say even clipped into it. >_<

When the hitbox says you can't

You must clip it

When the intakes must be spammed

You must clip it

A simple toggle click

And you clip it

Ignore the purist d**ks

You just clip it

Clip it

Into shape

Slap 'em in

Get straight

Move forward

It's not too late

To clip it

Clip it good!

Okay, I've made a therapy appointment to get the help I so obviously need. :D

Sorry if someone has already suggested this -

I really like the parts in this pack, but here's my problem - question of convenience, really: keeping texture duplication minimal is great, but you can't delete parts from B9 without wrecking the ones in this pack. Of course I know it's an expansion to B9 and all, but what if you like the D12 parts but not the specific B9 ones that supply textures? It's obviously possible to just leave the textures needed in the B9 folders where they were, but this is somewhat of a pain since you have to look through the de-textured/black parts' CFGs to figure out which B9 textures not to delete from what folders.

Would it make any sense to take the small number of specific textures you need from B9 and replicate them as common resources in a folder in this pack? That way it's still possible to easily follow the convention of deleting a part's folder to remove it from B9 if we are both lazy (not wanting to ensure we don't delete the wrong textures) and don't want that specific one anymore. Or would even that limited duplication mean that the RAM usage reduction wouldn't be appreciable compared to what the pack accomplishes as it is right now...?

Along those same lines, again just for convenience, it would be handy to have the D12 parts folder organized into part-specific sub-folders so we can do the same thing: could separate all those small texture files in there into their own folder if they are common to every part - but if many of them are specific to one part only, they could be organized into part subfolders with the CFG and .mu so that you can easily remove the parts from the pack that you don't personally use.

Just my two cents. Really like the parts you've made though!

Would that be possible to get a version of this pack with wings split into separate parts? MeshSwitch is nice, but for wings, it has the following, very major, drawbacks:

1. FAR incompatibility. There's no way to make each shape a use different config. You have to do with an unrealistic approximation, which isn't good enough for me.

2. Problems with surface attachments. This is why I found myself not using those wings at all, even without FAR. It's impossible to attach to them any control surfaces, engines, missiles, intakes, gear... Winglets don't allow making T-tails with them, and my favorite H-tail config likewise doesn't work.

They're one of the multi-wings, looks like a different shape in the part list and you change it with next/previous shape tweakable when attached in the editor (right click).

oh, thank you, now my shuttles will look decent... these default "sharp" shapes from b9 are ugly.

Sorry if this has been solved elsewhere, but my parts from this mod have no textures.

I have both B9 and firespitter installed.

Sounds like you may of changed a folder path/name somewhere, both D12 and B9 need to be in the same structure inside "GameData" that they come out of the .zip's in.

Quick call-out: the GLADIUS hover engine does not activate when the toggle action group is hit, though it does deactivate.

Also, the power-to-weight on them seems a little weak for their size. I tried using it on a small craft, but it simply wouldn't lift off. The only way I can see it being useful is if the entire ship were built around it and the hull and equipment complexity were kept to an absolute minimum.

EDIT: Looks like there's some wonkiness with the engine deploy function in conjunction with the engine toggle. If I set the engine deploy in a separate group from the engine activation, it works fine.

BUT, if I retract the engine while in air-breathing mode, the engine cuts off as I would expect. If it's in close-cycle mode and I retract the engine, it keeps running.

Maybe if the engine activation were coupled with the engine deployment so they aren't separately-accessible functions? In other words, if the engine is on, it's deployed and vice-versa.

Edited by Deadweasel

After kind of shelving landing gear, I started playing with the gear box and came up with what you're asking. Still not 100% though.

Each of these is about the size of a standard RCS block...I have to pick one eventually, as meshswitching won't be really an option. Texture switching will be for multiple patterns of whatever is picked.

The left - single flip door, retractable thruster, may or may not rotate VTOL style...and should it roll up/down for mounting on round hulls...or left right for VTOL/forward flight conversion?

Middle - Sensor block, scaled down (not finished). Eyeball will be hollowed out and widened, bottom will be heavily rounded. Would mount like an RCS block with a lot of gimballing power. Whole body would rotate with gimballing. Not retractable.

Right - 5-point vent system, opens and closes with throttle, thrust will point straight out, but will be invisibly gimballed.

http://s28.postimg.org/z7x7yiah9/TANTO_concepts.png

i didn't find the gladius engine when i update your mod....where are you hiding it? ^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.