How many rep points to get second rep bar?

iDan122

I saw how the amount of bars was calculated a long time, ago, now I am curious, since now my goal is to get at least 2 bars, I release a lot of quality craft, but often people forget to leave rep or I released them when giving reputation wasn't popular :P

Just want some inspiration to continue building and coming up with new ideas.

Edited by iDan122

I hate to be "That guy" (seriously, it sickens even me), but this is why I contested the reputation system when it was first introduced years ago (on another forum). These threads are generally in the wrong section and were numerous in some cases. The War Z forum (before the name change) comes to mind.

Rep should only really be given when a persons comment is notable in some way, maybe it is very helpful, or inspiring, or downright hilarious :)

Rep points for other reasons, like for people who just ask for them, or just to get a second bar devalue the whole reputation system.

It is just a number at the end of the day, and that number has only as much value as we ascribe to it, if that number goes up due to insightful comments then it "means" a whole lot more.

We used to have a specific rule against asking for rep, might have to bring that back, also I'm moving this to the Forum Forum as GD is no place for it.

Rep should only really be given when a persons comment is notable in some way, maybe it is very helpful, or inspiring, or downright hilarious :)

Rep points for other reasons, like for people who just ask for them, or just to get a second bar devalue the whole reputation system.

It is just a number at the end of the day, and that number has only as much value as we ascribe to it, if that number goes up due to insightful comments then it "means" a whole lot more.

We used to have a specific rule against asking for rep, might have to bring that back, also I'm moving this to the Forum Forum as GD is no place for it.

I saw it this way: IDan was curious about his rep and why he didn't have more. I believe this to be a valid post as he has many great craft

and deserves more rep. I gave the rep as a reflection of the quality of his work.

MJ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.