[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

A little return vehicle i have designed, to return up to 4 kerbals from orbit to the runway of the KSC. It is fully reusable. However this is not an SSTO, it need rocket assist to get into orbit. Maybe i can change that in future designs. The longer i play KSP, the more i like to building small and efficient craft...

Tt4xiA7.png

My Hawkeye Cruiser. No idea the delta V or anything of those fancy maths, but I've sent them to nearly every body in the solar system, including Moho.

It has: 2 Clamp-o-Tron Senior Docking Ports (one in the rear, one radial), 1 Standard Clamp-o-Tron (radial), and 2 Clamp-o-Tron Jr's (radial).

Carries up to 6 Kerbals: 2 in Main Landing Pod (in center column for control), 2 in Science Pod, and 2 External Seats. Detachable lander can can carry an additional 2 Kerbals for surface exploration.

Best design Ive done yet. :D Barely wobbles in flight, and the nuke engines make it super efficient.

ZHj7RaE.jpg

Seen here with a lander can attached

OMJXq1Z.jpg

A cruiser aerobraking over Duna

FMDdsl7.jpg

Low pass over Moho

K7Dlpfz.jpg

Orbiting Kerbin with Red Lights on

A little return vehicle i have designed, to return up to 4 kerbals from orbit to the runway of the KSC. It is fully reusable. However this is not an SSTO, it need rocket assist to get into orbit. Maybe i can change that in future designs. The longer i play KSP, the more i like to building small and efficient craft...

Tt4xiA7.png

Wow... this is straight out of the Twilight Zone.

I built this guy pretty recently. It's capable of a 90x90km orbit and return, but only barely. And it looks so much like your design! I haven't checked on this thread in a while, so I did a double-take when I saw it...

QcJZF2X.jpg

(please pardon the poor lighting. I had my shaders set to minimum to compensate for lag caused by making the Telescope look like a pumpkin.)

...I feel like I have to post something else on here now! Here, have two random things that I made a while ago!

The Dragonfly! A light and surprisingly awesome VTOL! (Doesn't work in 0.25 :()

KJufFFC.jpg

...and The Dragon! You may remember this one, especially because it's in my signature. I don't think this one works in 0.25 either, but I'll try to fix this.

HSyT8F2.jpg

Enjoy! I'll provide craft files for any of these three upon request... just be forewarned that the latter two probably don't work anymore.

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

Quite happy with this one:

Go anywhere, do anything, do it in style. And carry a hefty cargo with you while you do it.

The Kerbodyne Dropbear. Heavy-lift VTOL capability and express spaceplane performance.

screenshot27_zps4a06856d.jpg

Effortless takeoff. Stable VTOL flight with tanks full or empty, with or without cargo. Plenty of thrust.

screenshot29_zps0648cc7a.jpg

In both directions.

screenshot30_zps065a8932.jpg

screenshot31_zps820598b1.jpg

Easily converts from vertical to horizontal flight. Simple takeoffs and landings in either mode.

screenshot33_zps969f6093.jpg

As well as an effortless climb to orbit at high time acceleration.

screenshot34_zps307d30fa.jpg

screenshot36_zpsc5740908.jpg

As usual, manage engines as the air runs thin.

screenshot37_zps548144b7.jpg

And kick in the Aerospikes when the RAPIERs shift to closed cycle. Keep the turbojet on; there's a huge ram-air effect.

screenshot39_zps5f80cf36.jpg

Circularise on Aerospikes alone for efficiency.

screenshot41_zps10774560.jpg

Plenty of amenities.

screenshot42_zps0c3038b5.jpg

And ample cargo space.

screenshot43_zps6e178f34.jpg

screenshot28_zpsce048469.jpg

Craft file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw5wd2llr38f8a9/Kerbodyne%20Dropbear.craft?dl=0

I built the Voidwalker as an entry for a youtube series, and I haven't heard anything back so I will put it on here for funziez! It is pretty versatile, it has air breathing engines for VTOL and forward flight, and it has Nukes for interplanetary travel. Along with Aerospikes for VTOLS and things. Hope you guys like it, it is around 300 parts, but it is mostly meant to be a space farer, not really an atmospheric plane but fly it how you like. (PS strange glitch with VTOL jet engines, they tend to make the spacecraft flip only when taking off from land, it is very strange.)

Considering how long this took me to build, and finding out the kinks, I managed to land on the moon on one tank of gas. The .craft file is for the VAB so you have a launcher that gives you plenty of deltaV to get you where you need to go. I ended up just putting the spacecraft on a 100km orbit, and taking it on a test run. It performed all of the burns necessary to get to the mun and enter orbit, and it landed using the nukes to slow down originally, and the VTOL aerospikes to land. It was a very fun craft to design due to a lot of cramming inside the fuselage so it can get all of it's necessary things such as RCS and torque. Again, thanks for checking it out (if you do) and hope you enjoy using it, I have only went to the moon because it takes FOREVER on my computer due to like 3-4 fps due to the parts! (P.P.S Try using it as a space tug, its not covered in the warranty but I realized it might be good purpose, along with crew transport.) And make sure you use the parachutes ONLY in conjunction with VTOL engines, when the chutes open at <90m/s on kerbin they ripped the thing into peices, just warning you :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Dropbox link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf6w89j1481xuqo/AstroMekanix%20Voidwalker%20Shuttle.craft?dl=0

Edited by MrZayas1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.