Give me your favorite KSP ship names you've come up with?

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2014 at 9:00 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Itineris, Procul, and Sola Nave are my favorite ship names. All of them are are Latin meaning "travels", "far away" and "lonely ship" Respectively. I docked the three together and renamed it briefly "Itineris Sola Procul Nave" meaning " Traveling far away lonely ship". I renamed the probe I left "Sola Procul Nave" or "Far away lonely ship" Pretty cool I think.

Anyways those are the ships in this movie I made:

Here's a link to the second part:

Later.

Man... remembrance of years past... this wasn't my greatest work, but it's where I started :) - On the topic of this old thread, more recently I've been naming my crafts after admirable traits or words. Ambition is the name of my next major craft, with a drone named Pioneer and a plane which carries said drone called Inquiry. Still though, Sola Procul Nave was one of the more ingenious names I ever came up with, even though it was from years ago.

I've been reading through my account activity in an attempt to find an old racing thread which I took part in alongside @GusTurbo - we both tied in first place on the very first official race there was in KSP if I recall correctly.

Krakenslayer: Orion nuclear pulse engine mothership.
QBgm6Cxh.png
Her bringing an 13 kerbal base with mining, science lab and greenhouse in addition to an ore mover to Ike, and yes its an routine burn. 

Hyperspeed, another nuclear pulse engine however it uses an huge parachute to trap the blast, harder to use but it give an more even burn and pulls. It capable of 7g with no cargo.
YKZzPtgh.png
isfLFdph.png

Only fast moving capital ships get cool names as they are reused, other tend to get names after their destination. 

I kind of like standardbase as an class name, its the base I deploy everywhere, its the base brought by krakenslayer, it had an Duna contract before switching place with the smaller Ike base who is now replace by an standard one. 
rvIJSW6h.png

Onacle, my ill fated attempt at the Elcano challenge, it had a top speed of 200 m/s on land+ 30 m/s by sea.

Features 

1. Can make prophecies, ones predicting past events, and further ones

2. Can breakdance if physical time warp is used.

3. Has interesting, bizarre, problems which seem to change, disappear, etc. each time I use it.

On 09/08/2016 at 7:21 PM, magnemoe said:

Krakenslayer: Orion nuclear pulse engine mothership.

Her bringing an 13 kerbal base with mining, science lab and greenhouse in addition to an ore mover to Ike, and yes its an routine burn. 

Hyperspeed, another nuclear pulse engine however it uses an huge parachute to trap the blast, harder to use but it give an more even burn and pulls. It capable of 7g with no cargo.

Ohh, what mod is this Orion from? It looks pretty stockalike and not outrageously huge, much unlike the only other one I've seen before. And the parachute?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, String Witch said:

Ohh, what mod is this Orion from? It looks pretty stockalike and not outrageously huge, much unlike the only other one I've seen before. And the parachute?

Roverdudes orion mod.
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/121597-113-project-orion-nuclear-pulse-engine/&page=1

Its 5 meter parts, I found it to work nice, the parachute is an alternate orion concept who set off the nuke in an huge parachute who traps the blast,  benefit is that it pulls and give an smother ride so its better for long payloads. 

I had the SS Invincible.

Let's just say the next ship in the class was called the SS Painful Irony.

@Avera9eJoe - that sounds like one of mine. Unfortunately, I've deleted a few of the old ones, sorry. Might be worth starting up again.

Edited by Kyrian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.