[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

That shouldn't be too hard to do actually. Just some custom particles and a simple model should do.

I'll pitch it to him. He's been saying that he's pretty busy but maybe he can work on it when he has time. 

Just a quick question, How can I get the different Payload Fairing Liveries For the Falcon 9 Rockets?

It seems that you can get only one download folder, either the Main one (The mod) or the Extras Folder. The Files you insert into GameData are the same name, and changing the name of either effectively hides the parts. ( Both files are entitled Launchers Pack).

So how do you get both but not Only one?

38 minutes ago, SpacePod9 said:

Just a quick question, How can I get the different Payload Fairing Liveries For the Falcon 9 Rockets?

It seems that you can get only one download folder, either the Main one (The mod) or the Extras Folder. The Files you insert into GameData are the same name, and changing the name of either effectively hides the parts. ( Both files are entitled Launchers Pack).

So how do you get both but not Only one?

You just need to put GameData folder into KSP/GameData and then go to the Extras folder and put the files in there into GameData, that's it, you don't have to rename anything. :D

10 minutes ago, Shaikhaanshai1 said:

Are there atlas launch towers

Back in one of the early 1.0 releases I think there was a launch tower. There should be a picture earlier in this thread that shows it. Also I think there was another mod called the real KSC in KSP that was a WIP but I don't know what happened to it.

53 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

Back in one of the early 1.0 releases I think there was a launch tower. There should be a picture earlier in this thread that shows it. Also I think there was another mod called the real KSC in KSP that was a WIP but I don't know what happened to it.

1.0.5 resulted in KerbinSide and Kerbal Konstructs not working anymore. With real KSC being 100% dependant on KS and KK, development had to be put on ice. If KS and KK ever returns, real KSC will be back in development.

2 hours ago, liquidhype said:

1.0.5 resulted in KerbinSide and Kerbal Konstructs not working anymore. With real KSC being 100% dependant on KS and KK, development had to be put on ice. If KS and KK ever returns, real KSC will be back in development.

I know that KS isn't updated yet but wasn't there a community fix for KK?

Delta III is in the Delta folder, not in its own folder like the other rockets. Why? All the Deltas share parts, Delta II and III both use the RS-27A and GEM-46 boosters, and I can also reuse textures. Delta III and 4 share their DCSS, so all Delta's will be in that one folder once I re-released them again. 

Though make sure that Delta 2 & 3 are currently only available for KSP 1.0.4.

19 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Delta III is in the Delta folder, not in its own folder like the other rockets. Why? All the Deltas share parts, Delta II and III both use the RS-27A and GEM-46 boosters, and I can also reuse textures. Delta III and 4 share their DCSS, so all Delta's will be in that one folder once I re-released them again. 

Though make sure that Delta 2 & 3 are currently only available for KSP 1.0.4.

They work great in 1.0.5 :D    havnt tested the fairing b.c. Im going to use my node system for those

38 minutes ago, lextacy said:

They work great in 1.0.5 :D    havnt tested the fairing b.c. Im going to use my node system for those

The fairings and decouplers have problems because they use concave colliders which aren't supported by 1.0.5. Currently, only the SpaceX pack and the Atlas V pack are fully updated for KSP 1.0.5.

On 2/4/2016 at 6:49 AM, Shaikhaanshai1 said:

Is it me or the atlas v 541 doesn't have the delta v go to duna 

I haven't had the time to test this pack yet due to RL commitments but...how large is your payload? The 541 should get you there without any problems. Even an Atlas V 401 should be able to get you to Duna with a small payload, a well-timed launch window, and an efficient ascent profile. If you conserve fuel and use a ballistic capture transfer you should actually have enough △v for a landing on the surface, too.

Edited by Rybo

@Shaikhaanshai1 I just tested again, you are right indeed.  Atlas V 541 can't reach Duna, even completely without payload. This is, simply because I had to make a comprimise at some point, between realistic payload to LKO and realistic payload to GTO/GKO. You'll have to choose an Atlas V 551 to launch payloads to Duna. I'll probably change performance when I am finished with the revised Atlas V, but until then, you'll have to deal with it. You could also try to use a kick motor.

Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the landing pad and ASDS overheating, exploding and shooting itself off at escape velocity? The parts appear to spawn on the runway slightly below the surface so I'm not sure if thats whats causing the issue. I've tried it on two different installs and it does the same thing. 

9 hours ago, Jamesstewart97 said:

Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the landing pad and ASDS overheating, exploding and shooting itself off at escape velocity? The parts appear to spawn on the runway slightly below the surface so I'm not sure if thats whats causing the issue. I've tried it on two different installs and it does the same thing. 

ASDS and landing pad? The landing pad never showed issues when I used it. The ASDS is a little...bugged, let's say. Yeah, the parts are supposed to spawn slightly under the runway, that's where their collider start, so you can also place them on tilted ground. That shouldn't cause any issues. Have you got any mods installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.