[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

12 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Don't worry...I didn't know what it was when someone else suggested it to me :P It's fairly essential to rescale users if you wanna make sane size rockets

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117992-10x-smurff-simple-mass-adjustments-for-real-ish-fuel-mass-fractions-113-2015-dec-07/

Ahh alright! :D Seems pretty cool, thanks for suggesting it! :)

So, I just downloaded it and messed around a bit with the config. I think/hope I fixed the incompatability, I just gave it a quick test and it seemed ok so far. Please tell me if it works!

http://www./download/uppyheshzyismuo/LaunchersPack_rescale_64k.cfg

9 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Ahh alright! :D Seems pretty cool, thanks for suggesting it! :)

So, I just downloaded it and messed around a bit with the config. I think/hope I fixed the incompatability, I just gave it a quick test and it seemed ok so far. Please tell me if it works!

http://www./download/uppyheshzyismuo/LaunchersPack_rescale_64k.cfg

Thank you! I will test it out when I can :)

Really Good Mod! So i want to the F9 first Stage has a new texture after reentry like this photo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIJ4ujeFsI4EmUiyvG3u2 

And too i founded a bug. When i´ll try to land on ASDS, it dissapear to the deepness of the oceans, Creating a Submarine barge! :) 

One tip to who want to land the Falcon Heavy is put the Landing Zones near By another and install mechjeb to try land two boosters in the same time! ;) 

Edited by Giuliano

If you bothered to look, the f9 first stage has an alternate texture with the burned look to it, just action click the tank "next texture" until it shows "next texture: burned". I wish BurnTogether still worked in 1.05, it would make FH recovery, I space my pads (6 of them) about 250-300 meters apart.

Edited by DarthVader

14 hours ago, Giuliano said:

Really Good Mod! So i want to the F9 first Stage has a new texture after reentry like this photo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIJ4ujeFsI4EmUiyvG3u2 

And too i founded a bug. When i´ll try to land on ASDS, it dissapear to the deepness of the oceans, Creating a Submarine barge! :) 

One tip to who want to land the Falcon Heavy is put the Landing Zones near By another and install mechjeb to try land two boosters in the same time! ;) 

Yep I can confirm that, I have the same problem too.

I think it might related to FRMS……But it just me.

Yes, "Burned" texture is available, together with some more. Just right click the part abd select the texture. You need Firespitter for it.

Regarding barge issues: This is interesting, I only experienced that when I landed on the barge, quicksaved and reloaded, the stage pushed the barge down. 

Normally, the barge always bounces up a bit, not down. Strange. Unfortunately, there's not very much I can do about it I think. It has to do with the buyouncy (if it's spelled like this :P), since it's an issue related to the way how the water works I think. I think I heard you can override the buyouncy in the part.cfg, have to check this out. I'll try to reproduce the issue, thanks for pointing it out! 

15 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes, "Burned" texture is available, together with some more. Just right click the part abd select the texture. You need Firespitter for it.

Regarding barge issues: This is interesting, I only experienced that when I landed on the barge, quicksaved and reloaded, the stage pushed the barge down. 

Normally, the barge always bounces up a bit, not down. Strange. Unfortunately, there's not very much I can do about it I think. It has to do with the buyouncy (if it's spelled like this :P), since it's an issue related to the way how the water works I think. I think I heard you can override the buyouncy in the part.cfg, have to check this out. I'll try to reproduce the issue, thanks for pointing it out! 

As from my game, its not dive for a few meters, its for 1.8km, right to the seabed. Also, it is actually "teleporting" instead of sinking, and this only happen when the first stage approaches ASDS within 200 meters, a very strange distance.

Since I have RSS ,BetterBuoyancy and FRMS installed I thought might be their problems but not ur mod.

i have a weird bug with the non spacex launcher in 1.0.5

whenever i decouple the fairings that collide with anything inside 

ive tried changing there force and removing the separating engines and still get the problem

does anybody else have this and if so do you know how to fix it?

32 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

i have a weird bug with the non spacex launcher in 1.0.5

whenever i decouple the flet'dairings that collide with anything inside 

ive tried changing there force and removing the separating engines and still get the problem

does anybody else have this and if so do you know how to fix it?

Guess why it says for KSP 1.0.4 in the download link....

mark7, yes 250-200m os always the distance where the barge gets...in movement let'ds say. Will teszT it today

5 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

mark7, yes 250-200m os always the distance where the barge gets...in movement let'ds say. Will teszT it today

……I thought all physical loadings start at 2.3 km……

Well, depends. If your object is sitting on the ground, it will be rendered if you're under 2.3km and coming closer, but it won't be able to move until you're closer than 300-200m to it. Check it out by putting a plane about 270m next to the runway and load up another plane on the runway. Switch to the first plane and power its engines up and immediately switch back to the plane on the runway. You'll see that the plane which should have its engines running does not move it all, and that the throttle is cut again. Now if you switch back to the plane again, the engines will throttle up again and the plane will start to roll as you'd expect it. *MAGIC*

No idea why this is like it is though. And that's why the barge does strange things too at such a strange distance

10 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

FYI the links to the "extras" on the OP are broken, since someone decided that mediafire shouldn't be allowed on this forum anymore. ugh....

Ugh. Where am I supposed to upload those now? Don't want to register at another platform now... --.--

Guess I'll have to include it with the main download then and offer it in a seperate folder. Annoying because this way I can't just change or add a new texture for example, no, I need to reupload the full pack. Ugh. I don't understand why this is a problem now, it was allowed all the time earlier. Grrrr

3 hours ago, Giuliano said:

Hello Kartoffelkuchen, i founded the texture on VAB/SPH (burned) and i thinked, can the ASDS can have a texture like "Just Read the Instructions", "ASDS", "No title", etc.?

Yeah, I can add the titles. Was just too lazy when I made the barge. :P

Already hyped for tomorrows Jason 3 launch? :P

Will add the fairing paintjob for the mission as soon as I can.

http://i.imgur.com/06EaPcb.jpg

SpaceX Launch Vehicles Pack V.2.2 released!

• Integrated Fairing Texture Pack, LZ-1 and ASDS into the main pack download since mediafire links are not allowed on the forums anymore
  • Added Jason 3 paintjob for Falcon 9 payload fairing
  • Increased size of gridfins by 50% to make them match up with the real ones

Download from Kerbalstuff

mvZXqnc.jpg

4VpLmoI.png

@Delta_8930 I am using Open Broadcaster Software. It laggs a bit (due to my laptop) but it is ok.

@DarthVader I know, but I made the video before the presskit was released.

@Drj3199 Wow, cool, have fun! :)

BTW, the issue with the barge teleporting to the bottom of the sea was not reproducable for me. It jumps up a couple of meters, but it does not jump to the bottom of the sea. No idea.

18 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Just a little question (kinda off topic): Which screen recorder did you use to capture that? The ones I used either lagged horribly or messed up my video (it came out super grainy). 

From my own experience, you really need a decent computer to capture high quality footage for KSP since KSP is such a CPU hog. Some good options to use are Fraps (of course) but it's limited on the settings the last I checked, Dxtory is good for lots of settings but like Fraps, you gotta pay for it. A good median for free and quality is OBS but it takes quite a bit of trail and error to get it working well and looking good on your computer. I won't delve into too many more details as there are plenty of other places to find this info you could always message me and keep the thread on topic ;) 

Edited by ReventonHawx
Forum derp & didn't see KK's post til after posting

1 hour ago, vladcazan said:

Hello,

I dont know if it is just me but for some reason I cannot seem to launch the falcon 9 11 resuseable. MecJeb says its TWR is 0.65 and it just crashes into the launch pad. Am I doing anything wrong?

You are using stock?

I have no issues with it. Just throttle up, release launch clamps and there she goes! Seriously, do you have any mods installed which influence fuels for example?

10 minutes ago, DarthGav said:

Is the Falcon 9 RO compatible?

As far as I know, it isn't. I won't do RO/RSS configs, I just don't have the experience there, but I think there were some people who are using the SpaceX stuff in RO.

It would be great if someone could share RO configs for the Falcons! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.