[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

36 minutes ago, mark7 said:

I finally did it! Drone ship landing in KSP!

This is the 13th time I have tried to land a F9 on a drone ship,in RSS~

That's fantastic! I've been doing this for months now in stock scales. I know I want to do it in RSS, but I also know I'd need that FMRS mod. I use BDArmory to extend the loading distance to 100km so the second stage hits Ap within that window while I stay with the booster. 100km is no where near enough in RSS.

Question. How did you manage to get Mechjeb to do a suicide-esk burn? For me it always takes a New Sheppard approach. Comes to a hover a few hundred meters up then lands.

2 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

That's fantastic! I've been doing this for months now in stock scales. I know I want to do it in RSS, but I also know I'd need that FMRS mod. I use BDArmory to extend the loading distance to 100km so the second stage hits Ap within that window while I stay with the booster. 100km is no where near enough in RSS.

Question. How did you manage to get Mechjeb to do a suicide-esk burn? For me it always takes a New Sheppard approach. Comes to a hover a few hundred meters up then lands.

Well……I have to say I dont know neither. Actually, it starts the burn slightly past the suicide-burn point, and I have to use the RCS to slow it down a little bit in order not to crush. My guess is the ISP drop cause the thrust to drop and MJ calculate the MAX thrust.

1 hour ago, mark7 said:

Well……I have to say I dont know neither. Actually, it starts the burn slightly past the suicide-burn point, and I have to use the RCS to slow it down a little bit in order not to crush. My guess is the ISP drop cause the thrust to drop and MJ calculate the MAX thrust.

That can't help. I figured it out the second before I read this post. You don't have any throttle in RSS, do you? That's why mechjeb lands like New Sheppard in stock because of the dynamic throttle. Where as in RSS you don't have that. Surprised mechjeb could pull it off. Have you tried an return to launchsite yet?

Edited by Motokid600

8 hours ago, mark7 said:

I finally did it! Drone ship landing in KSP!

This is the 13th time I have tried to land a F9 on a drone ship,in RSS~

Very nice work! :)

1 hour ago, Delta_8930 said:

It is possible to program a suicide burn attempt in KOS

Yep, exactly. That's what I have done for example in this video:

Based on my output data which was logged during the landing, the minimum throttle during the landing was 0.76, so pretty good and still within the real Merlin 1d's throttling range. :)

13 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Very nice work! :)

Yep, exactly. That's what I have done for example in this video:

Based on my output data which was logged during the landing, the minimum throttle during the landing was 0.76, so pretty good and still within the real Merlin 1d's throttling range. :)

I watched your CRS-8 mission in KSP, which mod do you use to make the Dragon?

13 minutes ago, mark7 said:

I watched your CRS-8 mission in KSP, which mod do you use to make the Dragon?

Everything from the trunk "decoupler" and up is from LazTek's SpaceX mod. I really wish someone would make the Dragon and Dragon V2 components to the same standard as KK's mod. LazTek's stuff is good and all, but if you look at his Dragon, it is basically just a capsule-shaped cylinder with normal maps and the solar panels a bright blue (which is not the case in real life). 

What do you say Kartoffelkuchen, any plans on making Dragon V1 and 2?

4 hours ago, heliobyte said:

Everything from the trunk "decoupler" and up is from LazTek's SpaceX mod. I really wish someone would make the Dragon and Dragon V2 components to the same standard as KK's mod. LazTek's stuff is good and all, but if you look at his Dragon, it is basically just a capsule-shaped cylinder with normal maps and the solar panels a bright blue (which is not the case in real life). 

What do you say Kartoffelkuchen, any plans on making Dragon V1 and 2?

Have you checked out Tundra exploration? It has a decent looking Dragon V1 and 2. How does one get Lazteks mod to work, he has been gone since .90 lol.

Edited by Son_of_Flynn

22 minutes ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

Have you checked out Tundra exploration? It has a decent looking Dragon V1 and 2. How does one get Lazteks mod to work, he has been gone since .90 lol.

I'm not a big fan of stockalike, so Tundra Exploration is out of the question for me. It's a great mod, but I prefer actual replicas. Most of the parts within LazTek's SpaceX mod can easily be fixed by simply flipping the nodes and adding a few lines in the .cfg files. As far as I'm aware, all the colliders for the individual parts have no issues, though I have not tested them all. I'm fairly certain that LazTek was smart about how he did the colliders, i.e using multiple colliders for parts such as interstages and fairings. 

Edited by heliobyte

5 hours ago, heliobyte said:

What do you say Kartoffelkuchen, any plans on making Dragon V1 and 2

I am working on it. Originally, I planned to use the Dragon I am currently working on in the CRS-8 video, but the time wasn't enough unfortunately. But yes, I am working on a Dragon 1 right now, and will eventually make a V2.

17 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Is there any way to get just the barge and landing site? I already have a falcon 9 mod.

Remove the folders you don't need? ;)

1 hour ago, Moose Rocket Science said:

can i get the atlas and delta? i need them for my new horizons and deep impact probes :cool:

Atlas is ready, I'll upload it tomorrow or Friday I think. Delta unfortunately isn't, though I also didn't try to, because the parts are really old, let's say, model- and texture-wise, and I don't really want to patch them for KSP 1.1, you know? You'll get the Delta II when the ULA pack is released too, nice HD models and so on... ;)

5 hours ago, heliobyte said:

I'm not a big fan of stockalike, so Tundra Exploration is out of the question for me. It's a great mod, but I prefer actual replicas. Most of the parts within LazTek's SpaceX mod can easily be fixed by simply flipping the nodes and adding a few lines in the .cfg files. As far as I'm aware, all the colliders for the individual parts have no issues, though I have not tested them all. I'm fairly certain that LazTek was smart about how he did the colliders, i.e using multiple colliders for parts such as interstages and fairings. 

Not sure what you mean by flipping the node. Is there a way you can send me the changes you made to the config file or tell me what you have changed?

42 minutes ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

Not sure what you mean by flipping the node. Is there a way you can send me the changes you made to the config file or tell me what you have changed?

One of the more recent KSP updates added enforcement of attachment node direction in the VAB, and so all of the nodes have to point "outward" from the part. Prior to that, the stack nodes would all point "up", even the bottom nodes. So the bottom nodes have to be flipped over on most older mods to make them work again.

7 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

One of the more recent KSP updates added enforcement of attachment node direction in the VAB, and so all of the nodes have to point "outward" from the part. Prior to that, the stack nodes would all point "up", even the bottom nodes. So the bottom nodes have to be flipped over on most older mods to make them work again.

How would I go about flipping it? Is it in the config file?

Just now, Son_of_Flynn said:

How would I go about flipping it? Is it in the config file?

Yep. The attachment nodes have two sets of X,Y,Z coordinates, the first being the location, and the second being a direction vector. For most parts, the one that needs to be edited is "node_stack_bottom" and it just needs to have the "Y" direction set to "-1" instead of "1".

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

Yep. The attachment nodes have two sets of X,Y,Z coordinates, the first being the location, and the second being a direction vector. For most parts, the one that needs to be edited is "node_stack_bottom" and it just needs to have the "Y" direction set to "-1" instead of "1".

Thank you for the help! I like to learn about this stuff so i can help other with the same problems!

3 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.05, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_dock = 0.0, 1.8, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.795, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

this is what i have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.