[Java 8][Win, Linux, Mac] Ultra-complete Mod Manager - v0.1.8.7alpha

I have a question. Is there any way to code the import of a mod.txt file. Perhaps if it was output as a CSV instead, you could set it up so that friends could share their mod lists. Since you already have an existing-mod check in place you are already going to avoid accidental doubles, and with the growth of KMP and such having an easy method of synchronizing your mod lists with a friend would be a huge help.

I have a question. Is there any way to code the import of a mod.txt file. Perhaps if it was output as a CSV instead, you could set it up so that friends could share their mod lists. Since you already have an existing-mod check in place you are already going to avoid accidental doubles, and with the growth of KMP and such having an easy method of synchronizing your mod lists with a friend would be a huge help.

That's in the features list :P

Thank you for the idea btw!

Just started using this for .24 and it is excellent. Easy to use and just works.

Thank you Llorx and all your contributors.

One question, some mods say to delete their previous folder before installing. Does this mod delete the folder as part of it's extraction or should I have been manually removing the folders when the readme indicated it?

I'm guessing it does not delete, so is there any easy way for me to do a re-download all?

Just started using this for .24 and it is excellent. Easy to use and just works.

Thank you Llorx and all your contributors.

One question, some mods say to delete their previous folder before installing. Does this mod delete the folder as part of it's extraction or should I have been manually removing the folders when the readme indicated it?

I'm guessing it does not delete, so is there any easy way for me to do a re-download all?

When you update/reinstall a mod it deletes all previous files, do not worry about that. THe only thing that you have to worry is that in some mods it will also delete configuration files and you will need to reconfigure them, but that's minimal.

• 2 weeks later...
So Porkjet's Habitat Pack has a Dropbox download link, if you're still in need of one.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64442-0-23-5-Habitat-Pack-v0-4

Ah fine. Thank you!

EDIT: Ooook, I've just noticed that "Dopbox Folder" that I was searching is just a Dropbox link that is already supported for downloading...

Ok, so Dropbox is already supported xD Thank you by the way! :-)

Edited by Llorx

Sorry if this has already been suggested.

I have a ton of old ans new mods in zip, all the mods i have ever tried. Will it be possible for this manager to check for updates on all those?

Thx in advance

Don't know what you exactly mean. If you mean that if the manager can check already installed mods, that's impossible, the mods don't have any type of ID or Download URL when you extract them. If you mean that if the manager can open a manually downloaded zip file and install it, yes, I can add the option, but would be impossible to track updates for the same reason, the manager don't know where to check for them. You have to manually tell the manager what URLs have to check and it will download and install files in there, and internally will link the files extracted to the URL so it can check for updates and remove the files before updating.

I can't for the life of me get this to work on Mac. I'm trying to install, but it keeps asking for the main KSP installation folder. I select ~/library/application support/steam/steams apps/common/kerbalspaceprogram and it keeps giving me an error that this isn't the main folder. Please help.

Check if there is a "GameData" Folder inside. For me it doesnt matter which folder i give him. It only checks if there is a "GameData" folder (without the "") aviable inside the Folder.

Edited by Wurmi

Check if there is a "GameData" Folder inside. For me it doesnt matter which folder i give him. It only checks if there is a "GameData" folder (without the "") aviable inside the Folder.

This xD

Maybe I can modify to ask for the GameData folder directly. Will be more difficult for novel players but for experienced players installing mods (99% of the people that use managers) will be easy to find.

I'm using your Mod Manager on a laptop that has both integrated Intel graphics as well as a dedicated nVidia chip. With the GeForce everything is perfectly fine, but starting the program on integrated graphics it looks like this:

dahpVts.jpg

And while I'm at it: is there any way to skip an update? I have a mod where the forum post gets updated more often than the mod is actually updated, and I don't want to download and install the same version over and over again, especially since I have changed a couple of the files. I wish I could acknowledge that the post was updated, so the mod manager uses the new timestamp as reference, without actually downloading/installing anything.

I can't do anything with the graphics glitch. That's something that Intel have to do with Java.

About what you say. Current workaround will be to install the files manually and track the version with the manager just as you do with RemoteTech 2. That's pretty bad, I know :-/

In the next update I'll add an option to mark a mod so is not autoupdated, just it warns you that an update was found and then you check manually if you want to update it. Thank you for the suggestion!

Hello Llorx, tx for your work!!

I have a big problem on Linux (Arch) i cant use your tool, if i add one mod taked from curse, the program freeze, same way with sun-java8 and OpenJava8 :( sorry for my english

Happens the same with mods taken from other sites?

I do not know what happened, but now it works, the application crashes if I click on the button stop download, or if I try to download a mod on dopbox :)

OpenaJava8

Check if a file errors.txt or something like that is created.

Hi!

I'm getting this error over and over... only some mods links seem to work!

For example:

- Kerbal mechanics not working;

- KSOS links not working;

- Crew manifest not working;

- KSP toolbar not working:

hAR966A.png

drZSFEU.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

eunito.

Hi!

I'm getting this error over and over... only some mods links seem to work!

For example:

- Kerbal mechanics not working;

- KSOS links not working;

- Crew manifest not working;

- KSP toolbar not working:

http://i.imgur.com/hAR966A.png

http://i.imgur.com/drZSFEU.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

eunito.

These mods don't provide binary releases on the github page. You have to use the forum or Curse URL and download from there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.