DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

@hvacengi: Thats... and interesting use of git there :P.

Git is the solution to every thing, isn't it? Some day, it will create world peace!

In all honesty... it just made sense to me since everything is handled in plain text. So changes in files are handled very gracefully and without the repository growing astronomically. I tried using zip files, but those options were either complicated or an ever increasing list of files. As is my DMP folder (minus git) is 20MB, while the git folder is 8MB. Mind you it's only dating back to the end of October, but I'm still pleased.

One of these days I'm gonna figure out what it takes to write a plugin for DMP, there are a few things I think it would be cool to do with it without asking you to implement features (like a website displaying a snap shot of the universe, or play time statistics).

@cfds: Because DMP creates 20 kerbals on start so they are available for players to use, limiting the kerbals kind of implies limiting the players which is silly - We'll have to convince KSP not to do this :(.

@hvacengi: Well I wouldn't say

.... but git is nice :).

Keep in mind git only saves complete files (which is why it works so quickly), so your .git folder is going to grow pretty fast if you keep committing.

@cfds: Because DMP creates 20 kerbals on start so they are available for players to use, limiting the kerbals kind of implies limiting the players which is silly - We'll have to convince KSP not to do this :(.

@hvacengi: Well I wouldn't say

.... but git is nice :).

Keep in mind git only saves complete files (which is why it works so quickly), so your .git folder is going to grow pretty fast if you keep committing.

We should also specify a maximum amout of kerbals one can hire...

@Everyone:

Twas the night before christmas, when all through the forums

Not a poster was stirring, it all seemed so boring;

When all of a sudden, the cheer was so thick

"DMP released!, you can play with you clique!"

Merry christmas :D

PS: I didn't have time for groups and permissions, and I forgot to update the readme header (I only read the small text), but those things will be fixed after christmas :D

PPS: And I promise never to attempt to write poetry ever again

Is there any reasons to provide these 20 Kerbals? It is not like you could't recruit additional ones when you need more. Or are these shared between the players?

@Everyone:

Twas the night before christmas, when all through the forums

Not a poster was stirring, it all seemed so boring;

When all of a sudden, the cheer was so thick

"DMP released!, you can play with you clique!"

Merry christmas :D

PS: I didn't have time for groups and permissions, and I forgot to update the readme header (I only read the small text), but those things will be fixed after christmas :D

PPS: And I promise never to attempt to write poetry ever again

This made my day!

Thanks for all the hard work. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Agent_Smith87
oops :)

here is a thought on what i would like to do. would it be possible to import 2 saves that me and my friend have been working on. so essentially i'd like to take my local stuff and import it to the server so i don't have to start over again, then since he is alot further along in his local save i'd then like to import is on top of mine.

is that even possible to do.

Help, Im getting an error, invalid key for user, and with rss it won't sync... In .90, before it was good, AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE SERVER LIST, WHERE THE SERVERS SHOULD BE ITS JUST BLANCK WHITE, BEFORE IT WAS GOOD, maybe it wont sync cuz i got ip wrong, but srsly, neither firefox or chrome show the servers. HALP

hi,

no need to use capital letters.

the key problem is caused by deleting your mod folder from gamedata and then trying to rejoin a server using the same nickname as before.

The mod folder contains a key that helps the server decide if youre the real nickname owner or someone who wants to impersonate you.

Just change your nickname if you dont have a way of getting your old mod folder back.

the old serverlist isnt updated for a while now (like 3-4month) and due to a recent hd crash on darklights server it is shutoff now.

You might want to use the official Serverlist at http://d-mp.org (as listed in the first post of this thread).

Greetings

VITAS

I have been looking around for about an hour, and I cannot find anything on my issue, but just lightly touched on.

I have a "handshake failure: Incompatible HANDSHAKE_REPLY message"

Other people can connect to the server (Using port 6702), but I cannot connect to any servers using this port, or any servers at all. Same message for all servers. I would really enjoy an answer or direction to an answer. I appreciate it in advance.

I have been looking around for about an hour, and I cannot find anything on my issue, but just lightly touched on.

I have a "handshake failure: Incompatible HANDSHAKE_REPLY message"

Other people can connect to the server (Using port 6702), but I cannot connect to any servers using this port, or any servers at all. Same message for all servers. I would really enjoy an answer or direction to an answer. I appreciate it in advance.

Version missmatch?

Firewall issues?

blank spaqces in address or port name?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know why I can see my friend but he can't see me?

are you within the safety bubble or in a different time?

Version missmatch?

Firewall issues?

blank spaqces in address or port name?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having the same problem and am completely up to date with the time.

First off, sorry if the previous attempts somehow reappear.

here is a link to the log: click here

Sorry for the huge amount, but I didn't keep exact time of when this started.

Alright, there were 5-7 ships in orbit. 1 medium the rest small. We had around 45 vessels scattered around the solar system.

It is with those 5-7 we had the issues.

We were using hyper edit to teleport ships close to one of the small ships to test something, we got them all centered, but we could never see each other. We tried disconnecting, reconnecting, and changing ships. We also tried targeting the other ships. None of this work. The other person with me, it was just me and my friend, deleted his ships are tried again with a single ship (thus the 5-7).

We had the same problems with this ship and not being able to see each other. Then there were some weird moments when we could.

First, when we tried to get close to each other, we seemed to get pushed apart by a magnetic force and couldn't get close.

After that, he was able to see the medium ship when I lost the ability to see it. He tested to see how it would work and he hit the ship with his, blowing the medium ship up. After some teleporting shenanigan I could see his ship. It flickered constantly. I wan't able to try touching it though. After all of this I when back to Kerbin and the grass texture around Kerbin looked like it had waves in it. After this I just shut down the server.

I hope this is enough info. I wish I thought about recording it...... Ask if you need more info.

Edit: I think the problem was because we used hyper edit it considered us still in the safety bubble, so we could see each other.

What is a good way to make sure you are out o the safety bubble?

Edit: note this is a assumption and not fact.

Edited by StrahmDude

Nope, we are both out of the safety bubble. Sometimes it's the otherway around where I can't see him and he can see me.

EDIT: Sometimes we do see eachother but if we try to get into eachothers ships it glitches out and lags A LOT! If we crash into eachother the person who crashes into the other person blows up with the person but the person that was getting crashed into is okay? I have no idea why this stuff is happening. :P

Sorry for being a little quiet lately :P

@bileniv: You can merge to universes together by literally merging the two universe folders together. There's a singleplayer to multiplayer save converter in the DMP options window :)

@Max.10.07: My server list was old and decrepit, and it takes up far too much bandwidth than it should, so I've taken my old one down. VITAS's should be stable. I do have a backup of it, but I can't bring myself to bring it back online when we have something so much more pretty...

@Vladthemad: Stock DMP? I think DMP is just a tad too buggy for that :P

@Handsel: So it turns out I had a silly logic error when disabling client side compression. It's fixed in DMP v0.2.0.1 (Thanks RockyTV).

@tygoo7/w0lfe/StrahmDude: It's either the safety bubble, you're in the past relative to them, or they are flying. KSP kills things that get out of 2.5km range, there's not a great deal I can do about it apart from pretend those vessels are still there (which I'll look at for the future)

If it's not that, I'll likely need some KSP.log files :-/

Actually, there was a seperate bug (where compression was disabled) on the server that was fixed.. Try in DMP 0.2.0.1

@Vladthemad: You can try uploading KSP.log / output_log.txt, but the information is almost always garbage. If it's an out of ram thing, you might be getting hit with revert support - I have to find a way to safely remove parts of the revert timeline for the next version, at the moment revert support can be disabled to avoid that ram leak.

@Everyone, DMP v0.2.0.1 has been released. It fixes a few silly bugs.

Well it's all Greek to me when I look at it, so I don't even know how to tell what's causing the crash. Generally it's when half way through a mission that may have been reverted a time or three, or in the vab a couple of times. Never had that kind of issue with DMP in .25 though, and I'm running with a good deal less mods. I could scan the files myself if I had any idea what I was looking for. I'll zip them up and find some place to upload...I figure eight crash reports or so might point to a particular culprit :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.