The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Lol.

Do we have a name for the currency that will be used? I think I heard somewhere that it was going to be called Kash...

I thought I heard Greenbacks, though I doubt there's anything official. I thought it'd be funny if the slang term for it was "snacks..."

I'm still holding out for "Boosters" to be the currency name.

"More boosters, more problems."

"The love of boosters is the root of all evil."

"With my mind on my boosters and my boosters on my mind."

So looking forward to version 192.168.24.11. This thread has made my expectations sky high!

They are gonna call the money Funds, check the latest Devnotes.

Not sure that's the units, though. We don't collect Sciences, we collect science "points". We're not going to say "I got 2000 funds for that contract" (at least, I hope not). We'll say "I got 2000 dollars of funds for that contract" where dollars will be some other noun.

What I would like to see is the option to choose Sandbox, Career the way it currently is, and Career with contracts/funds.

Well, the way the game develops these days, I would not be afraid of career being too hard, so I doubt having money in game will probaby not change much and the contracts will probably be fun, so no need for yet another gamemode imo

i would like to see the option to go to the tracking station at the in - game menu (when i press esc during gameplay) along with go to space center option

That's a great idea, I often wish I could go straight to the tracking center without loading the space center. You should make a suggestion thread for it.

Well, the way the game develops these days, I would not be afraid of career being too hard, so I doubt having money in game will probaby not change much and the contracts will probably be fun, so no need for yet another gamemode imo

Absolutely. Rep'd.

Nothing new so far? Thought someone might make a comment or two on the new engines we'll be getting, or something...

I'm wondering what the new engines will be capable of, looking forward to trying them out on a new space shuttle build, among other things, like better asteroid capturing ships! :)

The devnotes also indicate some changes to the Mainsail to make it a good alternative in more situations. Glad they're breathing some life into the old girl.

I like the idea of both LFO-powered attitude control thrusters and monopropellant-powered engines, more options are always good.

The devnotes also indicate some changes to the Mainsail to make it a good alternative in more situations. Glad they're breathing some life into the old girl.

I like the idea of both LFO-powered attitude control thrusters and monopropellant-powered engines, more options are always good.

So in other words they are going to make them overpowered as well... :\

So in other words they are going to make them overpowered as well... :\

I don't recall seeing that they were increasing anything. For all we know they're decreasing the NASA parts to be more in line with everything else.

But frankly I wouldn't mind a bit more beef in the Mainsail. I almost never use it, even before 0.23.5

Are you referring to the OMS packs, or did I somehow miss something about monoprop engines? A more dedicated monoprop engine may be a useful thing to have- I like the versatility that the radial monoprop tanks provide.

In regards especially to budgets, I foresee these alternatives being very welcome. A single combo-engine--or larger guage--could economically be cheaper than a smattering of PlaceAnywhere ports, nevermind part count calculations.

Are you referring to the OMS packs, or did I somehow miss something about monoprop engines? A more dedicated monoprop engine may be a useful thing to have- I like the versatility that the radial monoprop tanks provide.

In regards especially to budgets, I foresee these alternatives being very welcome. A single combo-engine--or larger guage--could economically be cheaper than a smattering of PlaceAnywhere ports, nevermind part count calculations.

Vernier engines and OMS were mentioned in the dev notes a couple weeks ago, and I recall but cannot find the reference for someone saying that one was a LFO-powered attitude control and the other a monopropellant powered engine. I'm actually more interested in LFO powered control thrusters, especially if they're more powerful than current RCS thrusters.

Regarding "funds", I don't have any more trouble imagining people in the near future talking about how many funds they got for stuff than I do about people now talking about how much "science" they got for a mission. Science isn't a substance (less so than money in fact), but people still quantify the points as such. There haven't been any mass protests insisting we call it "Science Research Data Credits" or anything like that.