[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

4 hours ago, EnderiumSmith said:

Im using galaxies unbound. It has some planets that are tidally locked, but since scansat doesnt support other start to begin with, it end up with the side that can see kerbol scanned instead

Then it is an issue of two separate mods not being aware of each other's implications and can only be worked out by diplomatically convincing the mod dev, or devs,v who volunteer their time, to make changes to support each other's mods.  This will likely hinge greatly on how many ppl actually use both mods at once

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Does anyone know where I can get the image files for the scansat maps for stock or RSS or do they have to be generated in game?

Each game allocates the resources differently so for resources they definitely have to be generated in game, afaik

18 hours ago, darthgently said:

Each game allocates the resources differently so for resources they definitely have to be generated in game, afaik

Thank you for that info. That's what I needed to know. Doing some custom IVA crafting and needed them for it.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Thank you for that info. That's what I needed to know. Doing some custom IVA crafting and needed them for it.

Everything is generated at runtime. There is an export feature to save the maps, and there is a cheat mode if you just want to generate full maps without doing all the scanning. You have add a line in the settings file, "cheatmode = true", or something like that... Can't remember for sure right now.

Edit: "CheatMapFill=True"

Edited by DMagic

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

Everything is generated at runtime. There is an export feature to save the maps, and there is a cheat mode if you just want to generate full maps without doing all the scanning. You have add a line in the settings file, "cheatmode = true", or something like that... Can't remember for sure right now.

You are a King good sir.

5 hours ago, DMagic said:

--

Edited by SheepDog2142

Is there a possibility to modify the minimum height of scanning for certain instruments per planet? There are several asteroids in a number of mods, including Meto, Vizak, and Ryla from my own OPX project, where it is simply impossible to use many SCANSat parts on them due to the size of the sphere of influence.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 7:21 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

Is there a possibility to modify the minimum height of scanning for certain instruments per planet? There are several asteroids in a number of mods, including Meto, Vizak, and Ryla from my own OPX project, where it is simply impossible to use many SCANSat parts on them due to the size of the sphere of influence.

Not sure if it's helpful, but I use this MM patch:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[SCANsat]]:NEEDS[SCANsat]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[SCANsat]:HAS[#min_alt[>4999]]
	{
		@min_alt = 5000
	}
}

It's far from elegant, but it makes it so I don't end up unable to map something. It probably makes the minimum altitude on SOME part too low, but I'm not bothered lol

Edit: To be clear, use/adapt/whatever this for your planet pack if you want to, credit or not. Took me like 10 minutes to write the patch, I don't care :P

Edited by etmoonshade

13 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

Not sure if it's helpful, but I use this MM patch:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[SCANsat]]:NEEDS[SCANsat]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[SCANsat]:HAS[#min_alt[>4999]]
	{
		@min_alt = 5000
	}
}

It's far from elegant, but it makes it so I don't end up unable to map something. It probably makes the minimum altitude on SOME part too low, but I'm not bothered lol

Edit: To be clear, use/adapt/whatever this for your planet pack if you want to, credit or not. Took me like 10 minutes to write the patch, I don't care :P

Thank you! I'll have to see if I can adapt this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...